Why does my ex say we should go separate ways but insist on messaging him whenever I feel like it?

We broke up 3 months ago. He dumped me. After break up, he keeps saying we should not talk anymore but keeps coming back even after I blocked him twice. He made a fake account to get to me. But after that, we keep fighting and yesterday was the last straw. He said he cannot take it anymore so he said he has to leave again. But he told me he loves me very much and told me I can talk to him anytime I want to. And said he will miss everything about me and the good times we had. Why is he doing this?

12

What Guys Said 2

• He dumped you , thought he wanted to leave you. But the more he tried to forget you, the more he got to know how much you are to him. No he wants to start over again, but has mixed thoughts of leaving you. The question I ask , is what do you want , to go separate ways? do it, you are your own boss, go back together? that's a long process

• he told me he doesn't want to get back together but just wants to be very good friends for life. but keeps flirting with me and keeps treating me like we together. he isn't dating anyone else. like i still have feelings for him and he said he does too. but he suggested we should talk less because it is not good for both of us. i have had it. i blocked him on everywhere. i cannot do it anymore. i love him very much it hurts.

• Well I can actually tell you one helpful thing. It is that in every relationship, there comes times when obstacles come in the road, if you can't overdone them , you break up, if you overcome you actually grow closer and your bond grows stronger. So keep faith and do what you can, and hope he starts to see this GS the way you do.

• last line. this GS = things

• I feel like when you break up it hits the woman's emotions immediately. For men it may take weeks or a month or 2 to actually feel something about the situation.

• is that why he keeps coming back?

• Oh if he's doing that he doesn't know what he wants. I don't know. What to say there.

• i already blocked him everywhere. i cannot be someone's playtoy.

What Girls Said 1

• he wants to be friends with benefits