How long before your ex contacts you during the no contact period?

Hi guys. It's been 2 weeks since I implemented the no contact rule. My ex hasn't reached out to me.
Do you think I should move on since he's not appearing in my life? How long does it take for a guy to miss you or does it ever happen?

44

What Guys Said 4

• Lol... No contact rule. Damn thats a new one. I prefer it that way so I ain't got to think about the girl when we break up. Makes it an easier transition.

• But you're gonna think of her anyway, right? That's how our brain works. You cannot forbid yourself not to think or miss your girl right?

• well if you wanted him to contact you, you shouldn't have put a "no contact rule" first off. if you want to talk to him then talk to him, you should be straight forward with your intentions in a relationship. not this beating around the bush crap

• That's exactly what I did. I told him I cannot be friends with him. I want a relationship. He said he wanted everything but a relationship. So I made it clear that staying with him as a friend would be too painful for me because I want more and I love him and I'm leaving and please contact me if you want a relationship.

• my advise: move on, the relationship seems to be tarnished with a lot of pain and resentments and if either party isn't willing to put in the time and effort then its not worth more pain being caused. nobody is perfect, but you can use this relationship to help better form the next one. good luck and godspeed.

• Thank you so much for your time and your wise advice. I will try to move on even it' hurts like hell because I love him.
      But somewhere deep inside I believe he will come back to me. They say if you let a love go it comes back to you if it's yours..

• What the fuck is that for?

• Wth what for? The no contact rule? To give him the time to think if he wants to be with me like we were before.

• Not if she told me not to talk to her then id think she wanted nothing to do with me. Duh

• But I told him I love him and the only reason why I'm leaving is because I cannot agree to just be friends with him. Because we were in a romantic relationship before.

• If you implemented the rule why would you want him to?

• Because he offered to be friends and said he wanted me in his life and I said it was too painful for me because I love him. And I left telling him that I will always wait for him to come back if his feelings change. And he said he will if they do but it's been 2 weeks and nothing.

What Girls Said 4

• Why would he reach out if you've made it clear you don't want contact with him? If you want to talk to him then talk to him.

• I can't because I told him to come to me if he realizes he's still in love with me. What's the point of reaching out to him if he just wants to be friends with me.

• Well then if he hasn't then it's probably best to move on. Don't just sit and wait around for that small chance he'll reach out one day.

• Yes that's what I'm trying to do. To forget him and move on. But I wonder if 2 weeks are enough for it. Maybe he needs more time or if it's his ego

• Keep going with the no contact rule. And still move on and there’s not a certain time it takes for an ex to miss you. Focus on you and work on yourself, he may or may not call. One thing I can tell you, if they do call you it’ll be totally unexpected. Move on, don’t waste your life away waiting for somebody to miss you.

• Thank you so much! Your words give me hope. Have you ever done the no contact rule? Did that work for you?

• Ok! I had to get my dates together. I started no count rule back in June 7th but in like 3 weeks (June 20th) He texted me and I gave in so I did it AGAIN and on July 26 he ft me apologizing for leaving me. So we was cool and talking then on August 4th he texted me and never heard from me again. He sees me in school but I act like he’s dead and walk right past him🤷🏾‍♀️

• Oh and the first time he said Hey, the second time he called, and the third time he said heyy. The third time was when i stopped all contact

• Yes. Move on. Bigger and better things.

• Thanks. I know I have to.. but he's still the biggest and best thing that ever happened to me and I screwed it all up.

• No.

You are the biggest and best thing in your own life. Until you can accept that, live it and breathe it, you will always be unhappy. Your relationships will always fail. We accept the love we think we deserve. You have to learn that are allowed to love yourself without it making you a narcissist.

• I think you should move on and he is probably doing the same thing that's why he hasn't reached out to you.

• Do you think 2 weeks apart are enough to came to the sad conclusion that he really doesn't want to have anything to do with me? Could it be his pride? Because his ego is too big