What's the worst thing an ex did to you after you broke up?

Maybe because your partner wasn't happy you broke up, or maybe you weren't happy etc.

2|4

Most Helpful Guys

• I was still trapped in a lease with a girl I dated for 2 years. So we were living together in separate rooms. Once she vented at me in anger. She broke the window in our apartment. I myself was sexually abused by my mother and my ex said, "Why don't you tell me how your mother's pussy tasted. Did you like it?" I still cry about hearing that and its a year and a half later.

I am now in a new dating relationship with a girl who is wonderful and kind. She is so nice and wonderful I feel that I must have done something right in the eyes of karma.

3|8
    0|0
    • That’s so horrifically disgusting to head. It’s crazy to think that someone we once loved would say/do things to harm us. I’m really glad you moved on and found someone who deserved you. Hope it all goes well!

• Show All
    • @ObscuredBeyond thanks a lot. You guys are the best!

• Dude I've personally been abused by my mother and I actually am kind of a misogynist right now and I only want to see women suffer I even watch videos of women getting murdered and I jerk of to them my mother made me a fucking mess and im not going to forgive her for that

• After my ex left me after she cheated on me with her "soulmate" and he left her when she was 5 months preggo, she tried to come back to me and ofc i said no, then she spread lies and slander on social media saying how i left her on the street and how bad i been treating her and she wish she had a real man when she's the one who made bad choices and one of her friends told her "you had a real man that was willing to take care of you but you fked that up and cheated on him... that man loved you and you hurt him terribly. Learn to live with your choices.

4|8
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• He told everyone the reasons we broke up were: I slept with his dad, I was pregnant and I didn't know the baby daddy oh and also that I had numerous stds. Which none of those were true! Looking back I probably should of slept with his dad to rub it in his face 😂

3|5
    0|1
  • I personally don't have an ex but my mom on the other hand... this took place in the early 2000s, my mom was in a fight with my brothers dad over something i can't remember. Well my brothers dad was a construction worker currently living in an almost complete house he was building. He was out of town and wasn't getting home until 6pm the next day. Now like I said early 2000s, so no caller id or anything to identify people. My mom called his electric company, his water company, and gas company and got everything shut off. She called every delivery place she could think of and ordered food to his house to be delivered at 6. She called the local news paper and news station and told them to be at his adress at 6, that something big was going down. He had to pay for the food, tell the news that nothing was going on, and didn't get his power back on for 3 more days. To this day he thinks it was his ex wife instead of my mom.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 328

• Back story. Married to this woman for 5 years. We were doing ok, a little rough, she was distant.

We made good money, I had a good career, she was a nurse, but somehow she let her car get repossessed.

One day she goes to work and never came home. Kept promising to be home the next day.

She took my car, and I got rides to work but kept being late because my friend driving me went into work 2 hours after me and couldn't get up that much earlier, so i ge fired. Wife emptied the bank account. Me and my son lose the water, the electric, then get evicted.

Then she asks to see our son for the weekend. No custody order or anything. She promised two days and she will bring him back. She comes over, gives me back my car, because look! she bought a brand new Buick luxury sedan! Sorry about you losing the house hunny!

She kept out son 8 days. But she lied about it, she kept promising to meet me, then while the time gets close and Im waiting in a parking lot to meet her she keeps changing the times. Im crying, thinking I've lost my son as well as my wife. I have my first panic attacks, can't breath, shaking. For days she keeps me begging for my son back. Finally she gives him to me, along with child support, $20.

Then she doesn't see him again for one year and 2 months before she files for custody, demanding to have him. This, after she has a son with a previous husband that she totally ignores.

Thank GOD I smoked her in court. Judge couldn't BELIEVE she'd done what she did then expect to get the kid.

Now we fight for divorce. Three years after she walked out im nearly rid of her. My life still isn't recovered, I lost my career and work part time doing poorly paid bullshit and she is pissed she has to pay child support at all.

Ill never get married again, and I haven't dated since. No time, don't care. Not getting fucked over again. She ruined me.

1|4
    0|0
  • I had an ex threaten to file a false report with my professional licensing authority. Fortunately, she was stupid enough to make that threat in a voice mail message and I saved it for about 5 years after the break up. Nothing ever materialized from her threat; she was just running her mouth, as she was won't to do.

1|2
    0|0
  • Went to Sweden, made out with a complete stranger, then had her friend send me a picture of it. Another time, same girl, she took my glasses and chucked the across the room. Why the fuck did I stay with this girl for so long?

1|3
    0|0
    • You're free now. Be grateful, plus still young enough to move on. Good luck dude!

• Join the # me too movement and twist everything you did and done so every one she tells thinks your a creep. When she was the slut and latter making you realize that she was in love with the idea of me not really in love with me.

1|1
    0|0
    • Tell her to tell the truth,!!! is she's lying mate.

• Show All
    • @Dim - Not you, you're not (that) old. It's the geriatric i am refering to.

• ? Can you explain that a bit more?

• my first serious relationship. We broke up, I travelled to London for 3 weeks... she hasn't answered any phone calls messages emails even her house phone for 2 months. I had taken it as if she had moved on. So I had all my fun in london slept with 4 girls in 3 weeks. The day I came back home, upon entering the house my house phone was ringing it was her to my surprise... we spoke a lot then she asked me if I had been with other girls. Of course I always told her the truth. She said I thought you would say you missed me and closed the phone. I kept calling her sending her I love yous and I miss yous and anything you want... except little did I know at that time that I was being unattractive. Soon enough I found out every time I was contacting her she was sleeping with my friends friends. So I would walk around my friends knowing they knew who she was sleeping with and finally she slept with my best friend, and that I couldn't handle anymore. Although after all that I still messaged her once after months I miss you. We met on the street she hugged me I hugged her. And then we saw each other again 12 years later as friends. she enraged me But it taught me the laws of attraction.

0|0
    0|0
    • First rule I have is "if they aren't worth being with then they aren't worth being your friend".
      Also if your friends and 'best friend' knew she was sleeping around then NONE OF THEM are worthy of being in your life. Period.

• @AroundTheWorld very true. None of those friends remained friends till today

• Usually, it's them lying about me to someone. Lying to foreign nationals, lying to the cops, lying to my family, always making with lies - often ones that are all too easy for me to disprove! And when confronted with the logistical impossibility of their fibs, they all get pouty and defiant! They don't care that they're caught in a lie; they just can't part ways with me without burning my world down as they go. Because they feel a need to be cruel when they decide they want "better."

Granted, it's better than that time a gal abandoned me to join some cult that wanted to plot a revolution in Slovakia. Or the other gal who turned down an offer to date me to join a domestic terrorist organization. Or the other one that was scamming me trying to get an iTunes card, and sent me an unsolicited nude pic. And talked to me like I was a sugar daddy when she still didn't know me. (Which creeped me out!)

Several of them were stashers, and I hate being stashed. And if I would remind them that I hate being stashed, they'd get nasty. And I'd get fed up and leave - and then they'd paint me as a "rapist" for leaving them!

Another joined a gang after breaking up with me. And then she robbed a Subway store with a toy gun. And then she became a heroin addict.
    Still another pretended to read my letters, but never actually read them. And years later, blocked me on Facebook for no reason - after butting in on a conversation with someone else and making things awkward.

If I were to list every betrayal in detail, I'd write an entire book.

0|0
    0|0
    • What is a stasher?

• Show All
    • Yeah those ain't women those are little girls. Say away from those prepubescents.

• @fakewomen : It can get rather depressing, to see women age 28 who act like they're 14.

• Think the worst thing , and it was someone I really needed to break off with , as I wanted to see another , was send two guys to my house smashed things up a bit leaving out photos of her , taking my head shaver and a pile of coins I had , this was a particularly personal message. There was history in the items , I didn't report the crime.

1|1
    0|0
  • An ex of mine went around the semi small town we lived in telling various people I used to rape and abuse her and drag her around by her hair.

It got me excluded from bars, almost arrested and beaten up. I was 17. Persecuted fir months.

The irony is that she used to beg me to dominate and 'force' her into sex, I refused and that's why we didn't make it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose the worst thing is that she tried to act like we were just friends the entire time, even though we did things and discussed things that "just friends" do not do or discuss. Very hurtful, and for no reason that I can understand except she was trying to manipulate me.

0|0
    0|0
  • She was abusive and I finally sobered up and left her. She was mentally I'll though so I'd talk her out of suicide for 2 weeks every night on the phone for hours. Turns out during the day she was talking shit about our sex life to people I knew (even though she ended up raping me a few times). I never use the word hate except for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, nothing unless you cout not talking to me, but I don't really care I accept things for the way they are and I ask is this going to affect me moving on to being a better person than I was yesterday. Nope, have faith and keep pushing forward. You have endless opportunities ahead.

0|1
    0|0
  • She contacted my now ex and got her drunk and convinced her to break up with me, then she sent her parents to break into my house and steal everything.. not just expensive stuff like my TV laptops media player they took EVERYTHING my clothes silverware, pots and pans, the shower curtain... oh and the one that really crushed me my cat. And when they left they dumped all of the dirty cat litter all over the carpet... I called the police I got some things back but they "lost" my cat... I hadn't talked or seen my ex for 4 years and then she decided to flip my life upside down out of the blue. I wasn't a bad boyfriend either honestly never fought always let her have her way, woke up early every morning made her, her favorite breakfast from scratch. She made $200 a month I paid for everything $1100 rent $200 TV and internet, $150 a week on groceries. Bought her weed every week that got so expensive I just grew it oh ya they also took 2lbs of weed and 2k worth of grow equipment... But ya know fuck me right?

0|1
    0|0
  • Sayed first she would be there if I need her... then she dumped me and had a new boyfriend after a few weeks...6 moths later my mother died, she gave me a "im so sorry about that" but she was not there... nobody was there in that time

1|2
    0|0
  • She laughed and told people how funny it was that for a year she played me, by pretending to be in a relationship with me.
    The whole time, she used me as a diversion so that her parents would not suspect that she was maintaining a secret relationship with the bad boy former boyfriend.
    I was too young, naive and too much in love to see what she was up to.
    The pain of that broken heart and that insight into female nature changed me.

1|1
    0|0
    • Look man that's horrible and that's NOT human nature that's bad people in general nature. I stopped dating guys because they're all pigs to me but guys say I'm biased all the time! It's just who the person is I suppose!

• She ran off to California and became a meth addict and got pumped and dumped and then arrested for possession, so they took the kid away.

Oh wait, actually, that's pretty hilarious. It's like somebody spitting on you as they walk by only to trip and fall down a hundred flights of stairs.

0|2
    0|0
  • from my own experience its "breaking up with you but keeping you on the hook " its like torturing you and you have to remain quite about it
    it also stops the recovery process and it makes it take way longer time to get over your ex

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing bad really. The closest thing I can think of was her trying to contact me to tell me that she's getting married. I didn't pick up, nor call her back after leaving a voice message. I sincerely wish her the best, but she broke my heart back then and I'm not interested in, nor obligated to communicate with her, or any other ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Made me help her pay off her card, because it had some things on it, that were for my benefit. After paying over 2000 in rent for her place, and having my own place for 7 months. I didn't get any money back from her for any of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • We were coworkers and shortly after the breakup she started dating another fellow coworker and told other coworkers she went from dating a 2 to a 10. Also, whoever is closing the place designates out duties and she'd give me most of the work whenever she closed

0|0
    0|0
  • Marry the man who was twice her age she had been 'secretly' cheating on me on the day we were supposed to be wed.

Actually that isn't the worst as I dodged a bi-polar/manic depressive I-refuse-to-take-my-meds 50. cal bullet on that one.

Worst thing would be the one who decided to file rape against me, fortunately where I lived had cameras and showed I hadn't left the house the whole day that day (I was actually doing home improvement projects inside the house).

I filed charges on her.

1|1
    1|0
    • Women like that only need to be in two places:
      1) The asylum
      2) Prison

• Sounds like you have a nice way of picking and dodging

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 187

• They went straight to another girl and spread lies about me after telling me they would rather be alone.

0|2
    0|0
  • Lied to his parents that were never dating in the first place. They believed him and think I’m crazy still to this day. He also left me in a hotel room after I drove 8 hours to see him on Valentine’s Day.

4|4
    0|1
  • Was engaged to someone i didn't even love before as a traditional engagement..
    He did lots of things..
    Like i found his wifi bill on my phone i had to pay it.
    And he asked me if my best friend is still single
    Plus he lied to me that he was engaged before..
    Thats why i dont trust guys easily.
    Thank God i left him and walked away.
    I am blessed.

4|1
    0|0
  • He broke my glass door, threatened to kill himself, threatened me that if he sees me with another guy he’ll beat him up, posted revealing photos of me on the Internet, stalked me and tried to turn my friends against me.

3|1
    0|0
  • He actually cheat on me with multiple girls and even sext them. After he broke up with me he started to tell people that he fucked me and shit like that (and he didn't even do that) and When i got a relationship he started harassing me and called me that he wanted to get back. But I got so angry and kicked his flat ass.

2|2
    0|1
  • my dumb-ass ex just left me hanging and disappeared for like a year. It really broke my heart and I was left confused. then he pops up out of nowhere one day and acts like nothing happened. Instead of apologizing or something, he asks me for a fckn favor. Can you believe that? I got super pissed. I was like, "you've been MIA for over a year and the first thing you do is ask me for a favor? Are you kidding me?" I HATE him.

1|1
    0|0
  • • One of them hit me a few times (so he got backhanded across the face and ran off crying)
    • Another one told me to kill myself, that I was fat, that no one but him will ever be with me. He then rubbed in the fact he had a new girlfriend, but since he'd ignored me on Xbox to play shitty Facebook games with her, and had cheated on me with her, I didn't care and just left.

0|0
    0|0
  • He showed up drunk few days later, told me how he loves me and how he made a mistake breaking up with me, promised me the moon and the stars, begged me to forgive him, cried. I gave in and we had sex. He was gone with the wind the very next morning, never saw him again.

0|0
    0|0
  • He started telling people that I cheated on him and if someone were to ask him what happened between us he'd say I broke up with him which literally made no sense cuz I had the screenshots of him breaking up wit me. Everybody in school thought I was a hoe and it sucked.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I dated this guy for 2 years while I lived in New York and then I found out I was pregnant and told him and he was like oh awesome! Then one day I got home from work and all my stuff and his stuff was gone and there was a note on the kitchen bench saying: “Sold your stuff! Have booked your flight back home and P. S. I’m married!” That ass kept the money to from when he had sold my stuff!

0|1
    0|0
    • Gosh! Sorry to hear this!!

• Show All
    • Well I didn’t know where he exactly lived, I tried taking him to court but my Private Investigator couldn’t find him because he had a fake identity which I had no idea because all his legal stuff looked legit

• There is a court he can't elude so easily, with records of every breath he ever took. He'll see things that mortal brains can't grasp. He won't have a friend left anywhere in the w plane.

• I finally had the courage to leave my abusive ex. When I got out, he started blackmailing me, calling me such names, posting made up stories on his facebook account about me, even his family are saying bad about me. And I think that and THEY are the worst that ever happened to me.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've never had an exe. I've had guys who claim to be my exe even though I NEVER let them think we were involved. And that did one guy do? He told the entire town i was his fiance, when I told everyone that he was joking, he texted my sister saying I was a "Bitch" I avoided him for two years and when he finally saw me again, he literally pushed me so bad, I got this banging headache. He did it in front of a whole hall of people

0|0
    0|0
  • Stalked me, threatened, to kill my cats, threatened to torture me. He came at me one night, we fought and he died of a Heart Attack.

1|3
    0|0
  • When you think you're finally over them and they try to message you again to come back in your life. I seriously hate when an ex or even a person I dated does that. The boomerang folks I call them. That one ex- though hurt me soo bad the second time I let him back in. It took me another year to get over him again.

1|0
    0|0
  • We are both from the same social group, so there are a lot of events in which we see each other, which made things weird. I basically started to ignore him cause I am not confortable around him, but he sits in the same places as I do, interrupts me when I'm talking with mutual friends, sends my friends pictures of him and his new girlfriend... Seems like everytime I am having a good time he has to come around and make me feel bad.

1|1
    0|0
  • I found out the day after he broke up with me he tried to date a friend of mine (she shot him down), then tells everyone I knew we were both crazy. I found out later he only did it to justify being a douche lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Drove into my car multiple times
    Reported me for tax fraud (no I wasn’t but it was a pain getting investigated)
    Violently attacked me
    Stalked me

1|1
    0|0
  • I didn't break up with him, but my ex broke up with me and then 5 months later out of no where he texted me and asked if I can send him some money.

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont think there is a worse, but one time an ex lied to me saying he wanted to work things out but little did I know was starting a new relationship with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had an ex ask if I wanted to play guitar hero minutes after he just dumped me. I was crying in front of him and he asks "you wanna play guitar hero?". I just got up, opened my front door, and told him to get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes