Why is my ex boyfriend mad at me for deleting him off of facebook (he broke up with me)?

My boyfriend broke up with me almost 3 months ago, we had been dating for 3 years. Roughly a month ago I decided to delete him from facebook because I was having trouble moving on and I didn't want to see all the new 'friends' (girls from high school 6 years ago, and one of his ex girlfriends friends) he was adding and pictures he was tagged in. Two weeks after I deleted him on facebook he text messages me saying "blocked me from facebook eh,classy". I decided not to reply.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the answer is in your title. He is angry because you deleted him. Whatever other reasons why he would be angry shouldn't be your problem. It is just his reaction to you deleting him. Other people may have not cared but obviously he did. Good that you didn't reply. Forget about him and it's your choice when you deleted him. Let him stress on his own. This is not your problem.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• He just likes to feel in control and doesn't WANT you to move on. Your first step in that direction caused him to realize that he has really lost you, and you are ready to find someone else. Let him be angry, *he* is the one who dumped you, you shouldn't feel any remorse for deleting him, you really did nothing wrong. And if he didn't care, he wouldn't have messaged you. ;)

Let HIM suffer the consequences of his actions.

• I wasn't expecting a message like that from him. He usually doesn't act that childish. I did chase after him the first month after he broke up with me so maybe he's in shock that I've decided I'm done too. If he can give up so can I.

Thanks Seraphine :)

• He's just hurt. I wouldn't worry about it... if deleting him off facebook helps you move on you shouldn't feel bad about it.

• i understand by deleting him you were trying to move on, but sounds like he was trying to be friends. Deleting him was kinda an immature thing to do. so, I can kinda understand why he was upset. maybe consider adding him again when you feel like you're starting to get over him.

• I can tell you right now, you not texting him back pissed him off even more. Lol who cares what he thinks. He broke up with you, you deleted him from your life. On to the next one :)