Why did my ex delete me off Facebook?

After about 4 months of being apart (she broke up with me for her ex)...moved back home out of state with him. She wanted to be friends and said she loved me when she broke up, I agreed. We just haven't contacted each other in over a month. I wasn't ready to just be friends, so I was waiting. But today I notice that she deleted me and my friends/family off of facebook. Except for one of my good friends (they don't have any emotional connection). She lives out of state now...why would she leave him as a friend, but delete all of me and my family? I don't get it.

As soon as I was feeling a little better, and moving on this happens...she is the sweetest girl, and after talking over a month ago, she mentioned her ex and how he might propose and everything. I said I still wanna be friends and I really mean it. I didn't get emotional, as I promised I wouldn't bring us up in that kind of way anymore. What are the possible reasons for her to do that, without even an explanation...now I am all messed up again..ahhh. lol

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me explain this to you. She used the "friendship" card to ease off of you slowly until she was over you and done with you. It wouldn't mattered if you would have tried to stay in touch with her, it wouldn't have happened. You should have moved on as soon as she suggested to be "friends". You fell for it and now you are experiencing the consequences that many men go through. Now you might be thinking, "no she is not like that, she is nice sweet and caring". STOP defending her and see things the way they are. She is your EX because she went to ANOTHER GUY when she was done with you. Lets think about friends for a minute. Friends go out, talk at least weekly, do things together, have fun, and try to hook friends up with someone. Guess what, she wasn't going to do any of that with you for long or not at all reguardless of any distance. You boosted her ego by agreeing to that friendship crap. She KNOWS how you feel about her. So not only was it going to be on her terms, you have basically told her that you will always wait for her. Now you are swimming to shore, alone. The last time you were drowning in your feelings you helped her swim to shore, but look at your situation. Loving and missing a girl that has moved on from you completely without remorse, haven't moved on from her totally, fell for the "friendship" line to try to get her back someday or just keep her in your life, and all you can do now is move on. That's what you should have done in the first place when she told you that crap, move on and move forward to other girls. NEVER communicate with her again, even when she tries to talk to you or else you will be back at square 1 as far as being confused, especially if you have a new girl. Block her from facebook and all other social sites, don't text, don't call, and move on. She will try to talk to you when she has problems and thinks you are the only one that will be there for her, but ignore her when she does. Why? It's simple, you would become the emotional tampon and who needs that crap? You don't need an explanation. She left you, totally. She is done with you. The other guy filled in all the gaps. Cry your rivers, build your bridges, and get over it. There are many women out there, but you won't find them if you keep putting your life on hold for someone that doesn't want you. Move on, and remember this experience.

What Girls Said 3

• My ex dumped me and a few weeks later I deleted him from Facebook. It wasn't to play a game, or to seek some odd form of revenge on him, I just needed SPACE. And separation. He dumped me and I didn't need to see a billion status updates everyday, and I knew myself too well and I knew I would constantly "check up" on him and it was keeping my head and heart intertwined with someone who wasn't going to be in my life anymore. Who knows why people do what they do. Don't try to over analyze her actions. They aren't about YOU, they are about HER.

• She wants to cut things off. Think about it...if she stays friends with you on FB, she'll always want to check on your wall to see what you're up to.

• I hardly write on my wall. She is keeping one of my friends on her friends, so she could easily check up on my status anyway. But, I don't want to play games, if I knew that she never wants to keep in touch, I just want a goodbye or something. I don't know if I should send her a message or not. I kinda feel like I should, because I was feeling better until now. I thought I had my closure, but now this brings up more questions again...just when I thought things were getting better. lol...

• she want to get you out of her life, she must keep thinking about you. so she cut out out and your family. and your friend is just one of the ways to keep you in her life. a small connection.

hoped it help! :)

What Guys Said 4

• I know, I know just how you feel. The fact is that she is also trying to move on from you and still has some residual feelings. . Deleting you from her FB is probably so that she won't be so able to see what's up with you.

You did not say how long you guys were together... I am going to assume it would be measured in years. After that much time, as you know, people become bonded. Even years latter one will still have feelings.

She wants to move on with this new guy... but she still has feelings for you.

All you can do is just...try to let go as best you can.

• Yea.. I want her back, but I accepted her decision and moved on...but why does she have my other friend on there? She doesn't want to let go completely? Wish I would of got a goodbye or something...wonder if I should say anything to her.

• Yes FB is strange that way. By having a mutual friend on there she can kinda keep a tab on what your doing. Keep her distance...but still take a peak... and you can do the same unless your blocked.

Like I said feelings are complicated. Like thetheme said she has moved on to another guy. Moved to another state with him etc.. Just let go as best you can, try to think of other things. i.e. answering other peoples questions on here is a good distraction.

• She removed you so you can't tabs on her. An Ex is an EX, don't ask girls these questions, ask a guy! Sorry but, you're not worthy that is why the delete. Anyone who keeps an EX on their FB or even in their phone contact list is an idiot and just asking for trouble. Men and women both, delete your ex's, be smart.

My name is Ralph BTW

• May be her ex (current boyfriend) doesn't want her ex's to be contacted.

• She keeps her other ex's on facebook. But the questions is...why did she delete me and my friends/family accept for a few...this doesn't make sense.

• may be she doesn't wanna recall the memories. By keeping you in her fb, she could go through your pictures and stuff which will bring back memories. May be that's the reason she deleted you and doesn't wanna be in touch with you anyhow.

• she probally kept thinking about you so she deleted you so she didn't