Is it OK to ask my ex's friend for advice?

OK so I am currently a sophomore in college. I was with a girl exclusively (but not officially) for just about my whole freshmen year. We split at the end of the semester in May, and it's been really messy ever since.I'm unsure about whether or not I'll be able to win her back. I'm thinking about going to Australia next semester, but at the same time I love this girl so much and don't want to completely abandon my attempts to get back with her. We didn't communicate that well during our time together so it's hard to get a read of where she's at. So, I'm thinking about contacting her roommate and good friend at school (who is friends with me through her and has no issues with me) to ask for some advice about what to do next. I think this might help point me in the right direction. What are your thoughts? And tips, advice, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Ladies please don't be shy! I don't have any close friends who are girls, so I could really use some female insight regarding all of this!

43

Most Helpful Girl

• well you can still try and be friends . communicate that way . and tell her you still like her. if she doesn't bother , don't give a damn . infact my theory is if you love someone you gotta be there for em . love is unconditional . accept tht . move on . its hard but try geting busy . oh and maybe do something which she always wanted you to do . like play sports probably ? and do ask your friend , she mite be able to help you . if she still doesn't respond be friends . be the best friend she ll ever have !
    its all my opinion . I mite not be rite but this is how I think it is.

What Girls Said 3

• You said you didn't communicate well so your not sur ei fyou really love her.. this is just what it sounded lyk to me. love is a hard thing to understand and they have said it make syou do crazy things so why not do something crazy :) do somethign sweet I hate romance but one year my ex he laid a rose petal path from my doorway to a park by my house he was there waiting with flowers in a tux asking for me back :) it was the cutest thing of my life and this was 3 months after we had broken up. sometimes that "out there thing " is THE thing

oh and I agree don't aks the rooomate girls are lyk that all the time yu may think oh no she's not but don't take your chances :)
    GOOD LUCK :D I'm sure you'll figure this out

• Honestly don't ask the roommate, because being a girl myself. Girls tend to prey on ex's so she will tell you lies on how to win her back just so she can have you herself. Its the way of nature. Now if you really want to know how's she's feeling talk to her yourself. put yourself where she is. Also make sure you two are alone, that way she can feel safe to talk about her feelings.

• Go for it, but don't completely open yourself up to them. I wouldn't trust my ex's friend...they know your ex longer than you have (you said you two became friends through her in the first place) and so s/he might give you false advice just to throw you off track or something, all in her favor.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey man, similar to you my girl dumped me in July we nearly got back afew times everything was going back and forth, I know you are hurting, I love her so much and just like you over the course of the break up I sought advice from her friend it did me no good, think about it she is going to tell your girl everything and your ex might view this as being weak, like you I'm going to Australia in the new year although I love my girl deeply what can I do, she contacted me and was upset when she heard I'm leaving but I tried for weeks, for now we ain't meant to be maybe in the future who knows, hope I helped you I advice you strongly against going to her friend.

• Since no other contacs so you are left with no other choice. This might be a good move .

• I don't think you should contact her friends for advice.. It sounds like you really really want her back. I was in a similar situation but messed up. You only got one shot at a second chance.. try writing her a letter instead.. This guys has some good tips ==> link