Is no contact for 3 months normal?

It seems that most people on here contact each other after they split and maintain at least some contact. My ex and I have not spoken for 3 months. It's been hard but I've maintained the NC to try and move on. I'm just surprised that neither of us have given in. I know I should be grateful that we have the space to move on but it kind of upsets me that she hasn't been in touch. It feels as if she doesn't care. We broke up mutually and didn't fall out so it kind of feels like she never really cared. Obviously I'm doing the same thing so she may feel the same. Has anyone else felt this and would it do any good to get in touch again?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You may be right that she's feeling the same thing as you are. If you want to get in touch, you should. But I'd be prepared if she didn't want to talk that long with you or continue being in touch with you.

I don't know if it's normal for NC but, I've been in NC for the last 5 months. It feels as if I never existed, that I never meant much, that I was probably the rebound who only was good enough as a back-up girlfriend. The 'break-up' in my case was not mutual, though. I left. and I think maybe he was glad so he could go hit up other girls.

What Girls Said 2

• i agree with sunnybebe but if she's seeing someone else, don't freak out! just be like oh OK, sorry I bothered you and hang up, then NEVER call back, and she eventually will.. dude I just hate how us humans use reverse phycology to get someone back! I just wish we can be totally honest with each other and stop wanting things or people we can't have... I'm disgusted from myself, because ofcourse I'm like that too! its just the way we are.. oh well.. that's my advise to u! Goodluck babe

• Im really stubborn and so is my ex. She could defintley feel the same. I think its a pride issue and neither party wants to be the one that breaks nc. I also think the reason is because usually one or both still care for each other deeply and has already heard its over and are hesitant to out theirselves out there again to be potentially hurt. I say be the bigger person and if she is someone you care about and want in your life then after 3 months of Nc it is resonable. Good Luck!:)

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with the NC rule, but you're thinking too much about the outcome. NC also means moving on and forgetting about your ex..