Ex messaged me and called me 'sweetheart'. How much should I read into this?

I haven't spoken to my ex for a long time, and then last night he messaged me and called me 'sweetheart'. It was just a simple message asking how I was. I know I'm probably jumping to conclusions about this, but what do you think?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• could be a number of reasons- from him actually wanting to know how you are, to him being horny and hoping to get chatting to you again.

If you want to speak to him etc then message him back and say how you are doing etc.

If you want a bit of space/no contact again then just ignore the message.

Up to you how you deal with it.

What Guys Said 1

• he called you a sweetheart because he wants to play cool dude

nothing to worry he is not flirting

What Girls Said 2

• First question would be to him is "why are you calling me after so long"? What the motive? Don't let him back in so easily, make him work for it.

• I don't know just yet but slowly start speakign to him if you want to stay in touch with him. Don't get too hyped up because sometimes people initiate contact with their exes because they want to see if they still are liked or not.