Should my boyfriend stop talking to his baby mama?

I have been in a off and on relationship for the past 3 years. The man that I am with has a kid, but it is an open adoption. His baby mama is still in love with him, and constantly calls to talk to my boyfriend. She will tell him that she misses him, and that she still loves him. She tries to get him to hang out and see her. 2 years ago he cheated on me with her while we were going through a rough patch in our relationship, and since then I have felt as though they do not need to have any ties what so ever. I have recently asked him to either block her number or to change his number so that they do not have connection anymore, and because I am tired of the frequent phone calls. I feel as though because it is an open adoption, she is an ex, still in love trying to get him to cheat on my again, and because he has cheated on me in the past that I am fully right in the way that I feel. Am I wrong to be asking this though because they do have a kid together?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Those feelings of "Where is he", "Who is he with", "why is he not picking up." If those thoughts havn't already popped up in your head they will...and they will make you miserable. Do you really want to continue a relationship where you have to constantly worry and think of "Will he come stay with me?"

I would just let him go, better for you, and probably better for him. You deserve to be with somebody who hasn't cheated on you and wants to be with you all day every day. Your young, this is way too much baggage to be carrying at the moment, find somebody more stable, with a good job, and has their head in the right place. I'm not saying mistakes can be made, but your boyfriend committed a pretty big one and its one you will constantly have to think about, no matter how much you think you might be over it.

I wish you the best but please think this relationship over carefully and make a conscientious decision...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE