10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Not all dates have to be expensive where you have to pull out all of the stops and empty your pockets.

Thankfully, the summer brings the heat and love really doesn't have to cost a thing for your dating life.

Check out a list of 10 FREE date ideas below to bail you out when you need to romance your girl, but your bank account isn’t loaded.

1. Volunteer At The Humane Society Or A Pet Shelter Together

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Not only will you impress her with some community service, but a little puppy love can only work in your favor.

2. Movie Night

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Throw in a movie with some homemade popcorn and icees.

3. Cook Up Some Fun

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Whether you find a recipe on Pinterest or take a stab at one of your favorite recipes, cook a delectable dish together.

4. Picnic At The Park

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Make sandwiches and bring some fruit and chips and your date will love the romance and the view. After you eat take a stroll through the park together.

5. BBQ For Two

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Be ready to grill the weenies and the buns and she’ll bring the fire.

6. Water Fight

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Combat the hot weather and stay cool with water guns, a water slide, and/or water balloons. No this isn’t a ploy to see-through her shirt, but hey, we can’t help it if she’s wearing white.

7. Star Gazing

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Thank god the galaxy doesn’t charge. Grab a blanket and drive a few miles away from the city lights. Set up on top of your car and enjoy the stars. Maybe bring a few pillows for extra cushion too!

8. Go On A Hike

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Not only are hikes free, but they also get your blood flowing and your heart pumping. Plus, you get to spend time with your date and squeeze in a workout.

9. Sunset or Sunrise

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Watching a sunset or sunrise is not only romantic, but it's priceless!

10. Game Night

10 FREE Date Ideas For The Summer

Win her heart by playing the classic board games or video games, but if she's up for it, play "Cards Against Humanity" or a game of strip poker.

Great dates don't always have to cost a fortune. Do you have any free date ideas? What some free dates that you've been on that were a bust?

137

Most Helpful Girl

• I love free dates because they're always the best dates. There's no pressure to impress with how much money you can spend or who picks up the tab, and they're usually the kind of dates that force you to interact with each other instead of just sitting across from each other at a table.

I love movie and dinner dates at home, and I love picnic dates. My husband proposed to me on a picnic date in the park. I loved it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would do the movie night/game night/cooking thing if I lived by myself. And those other things are pretty obvious. But okay.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 12

• First Date/Blind Date Idea: Go browse through a bookstore together. Not only will you find out if your date even likes to read (big turn off for me when I found out a guy didn't read), but also WHAT they read. If they seem to gravitate to a certain section or authors you might find if you have common interests or authors that you like, or maybe they can open you up to books you never had heard of. Either way, it's a fun and interesting way to get to know someone on your first date together!

• Love the bookstore idea, what a great and unique idea... thanks for sharing.

• I also love the book store idea!

• nice mytake! these are all really fun summer activities. and free dates are awesome. nothing like saving money and spending time with your loved one haha

• I just loved this take. One of the most refreshing takes I have read so far. Now you made me want to do all these with my boyfriend :D

• Wow. Cheapo. ;D

Kidding. These are awesome ideas. But a water fight as a date? Lol.

• I love these ideas. Now I just need a boyfriend. Lol.

• Excellent list! Really want to do some of these, haha.

• I like the free dates better anyways much more fun, love all these iideas.

• This is an awesome take! These are great dates!

• Yes to water fight and game night! 💧💧

• this great!! and you had me at BBQ! ahah :)

• nice ideas

• 11. Ride
    Traveling with bike will be nice :)

What Guys Said 6

• This was really cool. 1. is especially original I'd love to do that.

• I would never do number 1. Did the rest

• These are all good dates😊

• Hey! Look at all the things I'll never get to do!

• Cute ideas.

• I thought 5 said BBC for two lol