Why You Have To Date An A$$HOLE!

Why You Have To Date An A$$HOLE!
Sometimes you gotta date an a$$hole..

1. They make you appreciate

Dating an a$$ makes you appreciate when you have someone good and worthy in your life. Sad to say, but having a comparison really opens up people's eyes. When you get treated well, you'll know it.

2. Reality check

Sometimes living life in a bubble thinking that all people have good intentions and are genuine is simply a fairy tale. You need a reality check to recognize that just because someone is dating you, doesn't mean that they are good for you and have your best intentions at heart.

3. Judge of character

People can all seem nice in the honey moon stage. By dating an a$$ you will be able to read people better and determine the signs in your next relationship.

4. Being cautious

Dating the ever-so-famous a$$ will allow you to learn to be cautious and keep your guard up before jumping into anything serious with a guy. You can't be an open book right away.

5. Many forms

Let's be honest, there are many different forms that an a$$ can exhibit. Knowing who is who, which is which means that you will be prepared, and less likely to be left manipulated by people in general.

Why You Have To Date An A$$HOLE!

3055

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• if you date an asshole, chances are you'll end up so broken that you'll never date a decent human being because you're afraid that they'll treat you like the asshole did.

i don't get women who willingly put themselves in this position. why would you date someone who's totally out to stomp on your heart?

• I know they always stay with the guys who treat them bad. 'Well he's a good person, i love him' no, no you don't you just think you can't get anyone else besides him so you waste the best years of your life, time you can't get back staying with this guy. Then meanwhile he's probably with many women and you haven't a clue, laughing all the way to the bank. What's sad though I'd think is if there is another guy showing you interest and treats you a world of difference than this guy and don't take him up on his offer then that's your issue. But if you do leave... actually like the guy, for him and not use him as a lifeboat

• you're both right; you should be with someone and like that person for who s/he is is, not for who s/he could be.

• Thank you very much.. finding that person is a monumental tasks these days

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 54

• True, girls who have self loathing go after guys who treat them bad because when there is a good guy who loves them, the girl cannot understand why someone could love them with their flaws because she hates herself.

A girl who loves herself is attracted to a good guy who treats her right.

• I feel like this Take is aimed towards all the immature little girls who haven't figure this out on their own.
    If your parents never taught you to hang out with people that bring you positive in live, people that appreciate you, and to be cautious of others, then I'm afraid your parents did a very shitty job :/

• Smart. Because I need to put my hand on a stove to appreciate NOT having done so...

Didn't bother reading past point 1. Surprised I got that far without getting stupider from exposure

• Well imho, you date asshole cause they have good qualities, they just make bad decisions with them.

Let me explain, an asshole who is going to sate people just for sex, use girls for his own interest and treats them as just a tool, that will cheat or date multiple partners at once can do that cause they ae most likely good looking guys with a lot of inner confidence and have a kinf of charm and aura.

So they have some pleasents qualities and can "enjoy" them and satisfy their ego and will do so rather than behave rightfully.

It is interesting for a girl, at least I believe, to go out with such men since they are more likely to have the qualities they look for.

How many decent guys are in reality asshole deep down in their souls?

I view myself as a righteous man with an high degree but I dont have all the qualities to turn out an asshole. Would my integrity will be the same if I had them? I dont know, I love to think I will but I cannot be sure.

All that for saying, at least make sure to date assholes who are true to themselves and avoid people who are not assholes but would be if they had the qualities to act like one

• So this is why girls build there walls so high. They know he's an asshole... Then when they see a guy who is not they dont know what to do. im introverted and shy and I must say this generation of some women needs to rethink there actions. It's 2017 and cycle is still the same.

• You don't really 'need' to fail to know what it takes to pass

Just like you don't really 'need' to date an asshole to know what you deserve. You set that bar based on your self respect and values

• So, basically, you need to date one of these only to be able to tell them apart?

The reason chicks go for these is because they have the better qualities they like in a man, albeit the human decency. I don't blame you guys, and there's definitely something to pick off of that.

• And it always goes like this, the girls like the wild and adventurous guys over a good guy if you will, and then eventually settle down with the good guy. I've seen it a lot, so if it doesn't make sense, if she's really important to you, just have patience and wait, and keep in contact

• @Blueeyes2016 Simp advice.

• @BubbleBoy69 i mean just keep living life, if it lights it lights

• The reason most date an asshole is because either the girl doesn't want to date a guy whos a quiet guy or she wants a attractive guy and the only one she's feels like is giving her attention is a attractive asshole. As for the girl wanting a guy whos talkative, many females think that part is very important. Many guys can't pull that off. Some females think a guy being talkative is one of the most important things. Assholes tend to be very talkative.

• Ha, shy good guys do not get dates period. A guy has to be an aggressive lying a-hole to get a date unless he is rich. Even then if he is too shy to talk to women he still won't get laid. I really think it's biological for women to only date a-holes. Deep down women hate nice guys. They do not respect nice guys at all. It's a turn off for them. The more responsible a man the more turned off she is. This is what I have seen my whole life.

• Im shy and i get laid

• i have two kids and just because your shy doesn't make you ugly and i live in Phoenix i don't have issues with getting laid but because im shy i have to wait for women to approach me first

• @Theforgottenlife If you are married with two kids that does not count. Who cares if you are shy and married. You are supposed to have sex when married. It's a requirement or get a divorce. Take a look at the mytake video on my profile. It says it all.

• Sadly... most people fall for this afore mention a$$...
    Also... the word "asshole" is only a point of view... a perspective. Usually after something doesn't go the viewers way.
    People call themselves little pet names while dating, then when it ends badly, the names change. One of those names is "a$$hole" and one of my faves "bitch".

Im an asshole, (self proclaimed, so people dont expect niceness from me) and i have fans. Just gotta keep the levels fluctuating. Keep people on their toes.

• Or you could not touch the burning hot stove to begin with. That's always an option. But I guess having second degree burns is more fun than having healthy skin.

• No not really, this is the perfect instance of learning through other ppl's mistakes. Why go through that agony?

• Why do i feel i want to not fuck a girl that has been fucked by an asshole... hmm
    I think if a girl has done that it makes me want her to go down a tick on my respect scale.
    It's just like... you are perpetuating their behavior and you genuinly believe you can change them?
    Don't get me wrong, i am an asshole with girls but I am thinking about the future.

• Women unconcoiusly are attracted to assholes. Say you don’t like such a man, and next day you are dating him. Very typical in women.

• I think they rather like self care, putting oneself first. But that doesn't mean the guy needs to be assholic.

• Don't set out to date one. Jesus Christ. Dating is a learning experience and you will naturally encounter assholes as part of that process.

• Haha yeah do all this and when you're so guarded and cautious about guys, they won't waste their time with you because of how fucked up in the head you are.

• I think you're trying to justify your reasoning for dating an "asshole" as being a positive life experience in the end, when you know you didn't really do anything but just screw yourself out of better opportunities with somebody else. Why do women have to date somebody bad in order to know that they deserve better? Men do not usually have these problems. At least not until after marriage. It seems like women are just more gullible when it comes to love, and get too quickly attached. This is probably why so many men take advantage of that, pretending to be a good guy when his motives are exactly the opposite. If girls stopped putting out so quickly, they'd probably see which guys are worth it.

• and sometimes you need to get your ass beat in life

• Well, as much as I hate it I have to agree here. Most people (this does apply to girls too fellas) that happen to find a good partner right away have no idea what an a$$ would be like. What happens? They treat their good partner like crap just because they can't appreciate the good thing they have in their hands.

• Why would someone treat a good person like crap just because they've never been treated like crap? That makes zero sense...

• @Sara413 Because they can't appreciate it. They dont know THIS person is great because they dont know any bad person. They dont do it on purpose, it just happens. And it makes good sense logically.

• Never thought of it like that. Interesting. Date him for experience and later for comparison to others. Get a better idea on what type of guys are out there and what you can run into. May help solve or avoid future consequences.

• The girls that date assholes usually never learn.

But hey, if you want to try, its your choice. Just remember that they might give you herpes, hiv , and if you are lucky, a baby to raise on your own

• Being young wild and free and hoping that when your looks start to fade that someone will clean up your life that is now a huge mess

• This can both ways girls can be assholes too. I wouldn't say everyone should date a asshole, but if they do hope they can learn some of these points you listed.

• This is the worst advice ever. I mean it's one thing if you date someone and then find out a person is an asshole or toxic. It happens to both guys and girls. All you can do is chalk it up as a learning experience and avoid people like that.

But actively seeking out people like that? Yeah let me know how that works out when your self esteem is shot and you think that's the best you deserve.

I've known girls like that who keep seeking or going back to abusive ex's and they still complain, objectify themselves, and act like anyone who's genuinely interested is just boring because that's what they've conditioned themselves to do. Not healthy at all.

• Also dating people who are emotionally damaged, unavailable, or abusive can take a toll on you, especially for when you look for another partner. Not worth it.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(d).gif

Naaaa, I wouldn't recommend it.

But if what you are implying that for a woman to truly know to what isn't good for her is for her to actually experience it then you are basically confirming a lot "misogynistic" claims many push women to all be like.

I think it is kind of sad. Women who sleep around usually sleep with these "assholes" when the reality is these guys are attractive and who women want to sleep with despite how repulsive their personnalities are. They are far ahead of the totem pole than these other guys who are "nice" or "good" or whatever.

www.court-records.net/.../miles-object(e).gif

Watch what people do. Not what they say.

• Most girls need to date 5-6 assholes before learning any of this LOL

• No one needs to date an asshole

• then they don't deserve the father material guys

• @ProfessorScrewEyes It's a mad mad world.

• This has to be the most messed up thinking I've seen in GAGS, and I've seen some doozies.

• "Nice guys finish last."
    And that is because of shit like this.

• This is sexist why is there picture of guys and no women? you trying to say guys are assholes and women are not?

• Show more from Guys
    24

What Girls Said 29

• I don't think you have to date an asshole for any of these reasons. Yes, we learn from mistakes, that's very true. But you can absolutely recognize and appreciate good guys if you pay attention, get to know people well, and look out for red flags. Plus, keep in mind that even a good guy who means well can end up hurting you. That's just part of romance and dating.

• I do NOT like ass holes, I don't have time for them and I most DEFIANTLY not dating one. You tend to learn everything you listed by observing, not dating these types of people. I can appreciate the people that love me without the extra drama.

• People are still going to continue to fall in love with A$$es and they will continue to stay with them, because some women are just BLIND.
    Yes, you make sense, but don't make it look okay to date an A$$ that manipulates women, this should not happen to anyone...

• "Why you *have to* ..." I don't have to date such a type of guy and get my life partly ruined as well as getting my heart broken just to learn all those things. You can learn from others mistakes. Besides, it really doesn't have to be dating, you can know all those things you mentioned from people you meet throughout your life, people who you think were "friends" and they turned out to be wearing masks.

• Meh we've all been there, just part of growing up really. Of course there's something to learn from it, but if you can avoid getting with that kind of guy then do that.

• Why are you to say who we should date? I like computer geeks.

• No.

Just... no.

I've never dated an asshole and it doesn't make me appreciate my man any less. I'm quite capable of appreciating him for the amazing guy he is without having put up with some douchebags bullshit before.

Being a decent dude is a bare minimum expectation. Dating assholes just makes a woman feel like that's the best she's gonna get and when she meets a dude who's even halfway kind, settle for him regardless of whether there is anything else about him that makes him a good fit.

No. Instead, we should all strive to know our value and date people who make us feel good.

• Preach. I've dated girls like that and have friends like that and it's sad. Some of them would objectify themselves and send nudes to guys they don't know in hopes of getting their attention and to like them but instead that does the opposite.

There's a fine line between being sexually active and confident and flat out acting like a sex object. But I agree we should go for who brings out the best not the worst in us.

• I believe that MyTakes need to have dislike buttons as well!

You don't need to date them for knowing what's good and bad for you. -.-

• Eye candy is awesome but I look at guys like that with only half the attraction because I know how guys who look like that act.

• I never liked assholes there isn't anything attractive about them matter of fact they turn me off and I don't know why some girls go for that kind of thing.

• I agree. And also add to that list if you hate yourself. Because its true.

• I agree with this actually... In general I think people should experience some kind of pain in order to really understand and appreciate good times.

• I agree that there are definitely silver linings to dating a jerk.

• I'd rather just learn from others experiences in this one

• You know... That's accurate. I've dated assholes before and I can read a guy faster than some girls can.

• Or just fuck him and then leave, just like how he'd do to you.

• I wouldn't say that a girl should LOOK FOR one, but this is kind of a positive spin on discovering you're in a relationship with one.

• I didn't know people dated jerks on purpose, lol. I thought they just found out too late..

• These boys were born to make us see what is actually good for us which means they're good for a temporary relationship , it's like a lesson

• Good but we won't be moving past first base... :p :p :p

• hahahaha
    some good points
    there are jerks everywhere even within your friends

• $$$$ cuz he's rich

• Mostly karmic

• Kind of an odd way to get guys to date you, OP.

• I dated plenty.. LMAO!

• I prefer nice guys

• I wish all asshole so handsome ! O. o

• what makes that guy an asshole? the fact that he's taking a shower?
    this mytake would make sense, but only to really stupid people who need to shove their hand in boiling water to learn that it's bad to shove your hand in burning water.
    you can learn all this shit from everyday interactions. and also by using some common sense and some discrimination.

• I say all the time that every girl should get involved with asshole, or a few. It's one of the biggest life lessons you can have & not all for bad reasons.

Most women are shaped by the men in their lives.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go & be alone with my thoughts of the guy in the photo!