I normally don't do this, but watching is learning, and a few people here could stand to learn from this show. In the scene above, young Bruce Wayne summons his courage to try to make a move on young Selina Kyle. He struggles, but then follows his instincts and succeeds well enough. Watch the video and note these points.
1. 0:09 Bruce uses a lame excuse to try to get Selina alone. His nervousness shows as his eyes dart down, failing to meet her gaze and hold it. Fail.
2. :024 Selina, a strong willed girl, senses his weakness and shit tests him with an insult. He looks down again, nervous. She gives him another insult and then starts walking away.
3. 0:36 Bruce manages to find his nerves. He doesn't follow Selina, which would be a mistake--he calmly speaks to her and she returns to him. His inexperience shows and he starts being too boring, instead of cutting to the chase.
4. 0:54 Bruce finally manages to spit out that he wants her, he holds her gaze, and her eyes change. Even if you aren't 100% the best with words, girls will give you respect for being direct and calm, for having the guts to make a move.
5. 1:09 She shit tests him again, challenging whether he likes her, and insulting him. He allows *some* passion and emotion into his voice, but only some. He closes the distance and stays calm and confidant that they have a bond.
6. 1:50: she throws out another challenge, but he's passed well enough and she kisses him. The day has been saved and she's happy.
Main dating lessons for you from this scene:
1. Be bold. Be direct. Cut to the chase. Girls will respect your boldness in an age of cowards.
2. When, not if, she shit tests you--stay calm and confidant. Women are smaller than men, weaker, and usually unarmed. Treat her shit tests like you would treat an angry declawed kitten you're playing with, amused playfulness.
You wouldn't bitch slap a kitten that hissed at you, would you? No, duh. Or as an ex of mine told me, "You don't put up with my crap... I like that about you."
3. Body language. Meet her gaze and hold it until she looks away. Don't chase after her--make her move to adapt to you, just as Bruce refused to chase. He stood there and waited for her to walk back instead of following like a lovesick puppy. You have to be stronger than the girl you want to be yours--she needs to want to follow you, to want to be around you.
Remember--wolves pursue their prey, and they pursue the female they want as their mate. Clingy toddlers chase after their parents or older siblings.
I would add something about dressing well, but I think that's understood. Farewell!