What I Look For In A Guy

What I Look For In A Guy

I am going to share the things I find attractive about a guy.It will mostly be personality traits I find attractive.

1. Intelligence

Honestly intelligence in a guy is the sexiest thing ever.a guy who can pick up on things quickly and can explain things well and in General a smart man is just very attractive to me. And this is one of the most important traits in a guy for me.

2. Has a sense of humor

This is also the second most important thing,I guess most guys know this.women love men who can make them laugh.having a sense of humor says that you don't take everything so seriously all the time. It also shows to an extent that you're intelligent . Having a sense of humor to me is super attractive.

3. Has goals in life and will stop at nothing to achieve them

It's okay if someone is still figuring themselves out and don't know what they want in life but a guy who knows what he wants and when he wants it and will do whatever it takes to get to it is also very attractive to me. Having a passion and a dream and following it makes anyone attractive,it shows that you have a drive for something and people in general like that in anyone not just the opposite sex.

4. Isn't an asshole or a 'bad boy'

I'm not into that, I know that many young women will go for the hot,mysterious and super arrogant guy or 'bad boy' but I'm not into that. You don't have to be that way to be attractive. To me,a real man is firm and upfront only when he has to be but in general doesn't need to give off the bad boy vibe or whatever that is.

5. Confident and knows himself well

But not overly confident or arrogant but also doesn't have very low self esteem and can't recognise his good traits. It's very attractive when a man knows who he is and his self worth and won't let anyone shake that(ladies who are reading this confidence is also sexy in a woman,lots of us have low self esteem and it's time we work on it!).

6. Hard working

A guy who is hard working and gives a 100% into what he does is so sexy.i have often found myself staring at men who are going here and there with their work,giving directions to everyone and working super hard and all their focus is on what they're doing without a single thought in the world for the other things going around them. That to me, is very attractive.

7. An honest man

Now what I mean by honest is a guy who calls out something the way it is. He doesn't fall for bullshit or lets things by him even If the other person is lying or so.lol I hope this made sense.i like it when someone is honest and doesn't care about the societal norm to let things slide of whatever.i also don't want a man who is a liar since were talking about honesty.

8. A man who shares things with me

A man who doesn't keep things from me or doesn't talk to me about big desicions. Now I'm not saying he should tell me about every little thing but at least in the major desicions we should be able to discuss them together and come to a conclusion then. I understand that men want to lead and be the one who makes the desicions, but it's nice when he asks for my opinion on things too.

9. A man who is considerate

Now I'm not saying he should treat me like a princess or something. I don't need to feel special,cus I ain't special and neither is the rest of humanity. But he should at least be nice when it's appropriate to be and to at least remember anniversaries or birthdays and just enjoy those things. I don't expect gifts or money from him or whatever just because we are dating,but remembering little things that we did together and looking back at them with him to me is the best gift of all.

10 . A man who treats others well

This is one of the important ones to me too. I always observe how the man I'm interested in treats other people. Because if he treats me well and others like shit that means it's only about time till he starts treating me like shit,or is giving me special treatment.

11. A man who accepts my flaws

I don't need him to tell me he likes my flaws, they are flaws for a reason. But I also don't want a man who tells me about my flaws or picks on them everyday.thats just harsh and pointless and causes insecurities for no reason. A person who is secure in themselves won't feel the need to pick on other people's flaws. Also,a guy who doesn't belittle my insecurities if i share them with him.

12 . A man who isn't super outgoing

Now there is nothing wrong with being extroverted and enjoying the company of other people and I won't stop him from doing so.but I would really like it if he was a little bit more introverted,because I am too and if he would rather stay in and talk all night about something that interests him or me or us both or play video games with me or learn something together rather than go out every night that would be nice. I'm not very good with social skills and I'm super shy so it would be difficult for me to go out and do all those things.but id be willing to compromise if he was extroverted and I really like him. This is just something I prefer and not really a deal breaker.

13. Have some things in common with me

This is also just a preference but not a problem for me.but it would be nice if he was into learning new things, science,books or mysteries,or any of the other things I like.

I think I covered most of the things I want or would really like in a man. As long as this take is and it seems like I'm saying I want a lot of things in a guy,I really just want a decent human being I can have a conversation with and he would understand me, respect me and love me and i would do the same back. As for looks I don't expect a chiseled jawline, 10/10 model tier or Hollywood looking dude. I'm actually attracted to a variety of different looks and have no problem with many looks,I'm not that good looking so why would I think I'm entitled to a really hot guy?

What did you think about this take?What do you look for in a partner?feel free to share your opinions too!

831

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a nice insight to a girls mind. For me it cleared out so many beliefs that I had! Like for I am an introvert, I always felt that girls would hate me. Cause girls always like a guy who is good in social scenarios..
    This helped me clear a lot other beliefs as well..
    Thanks!

• Glad you liked it! and i am an introvert myself and i like introverted guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here girl, same here. I want him to be religious as well, mainly because if he is even a bit more or less religious than me, we WILL have struggles.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 30

• Seems in the city I live in most women just want a jester "someone to MAKE me laugh, bonus points for a witty remark". I can appreciate a women who enjoys a guy who has a sense of humor, but when you absolutely expect your partner to have a body like Michelangelo, IQ of Albert Einstein, and the humor of Robin Williams.

You're just setting yourself up for failure.

• I am your guy! 😱 Oh, wait, nope... I thought you said labrador.

• Yes, people really need to be much more like golden retrievers! lol (I miss mine so much...)

As for the serious parts, I need more self confidence and need to work harder, but it seems I’ve got the rest easily in the bag.

• Good take and thanks for sharing. Something I am learning is that women have all of these personality traits on their list. But unless you are acquaintances or interact with a person at work or school, you will never get to know these things. So ultimately, you have to be attracted to a guy as #1 on your list to get in the door. Maybe that is why when we get older we have trouble meeting new people? And of course, co-workers are supposed to be off limits, so that's awesome too.

• That what we all want , I won't tell you this man doesn't exist he exists but he may change his behaviour due to circumstances in life maybe he's upset or angry from work after all we don't act the same all the fine and that's good because elsewhere it would be boring

• holyshit a decent woman.

They still exist? DAMN IT PRACTICED BEING "BADBOY" for no reason :(

• I am really sorry about your post: I am taken.
    You put in a good effort. I like your views. All the best

• Except for number 3, this is exactly what I look for in a woman. Well, chemistry too, but otherwise this is it.

• What if he looks like this tho? Still gonna look for him?

• I'm unsure if I this man achieved his goals or had none to begin with

• The problem is that I hate to share my food -_- like.. I ordered 2 pizzas for a reason (!) and I asked you which pizza you want me to order for you. Yet you still want a piece of mine. And dont say you're not like that, everyone says that they're not like that until I find out that they are and then they simply giggle and keep eating..

The other stuff would be a perfect fit though. Especially the staying a home comfortably stuff. I love to stay at home at philosophize about life, the universe or about ethical things. Unfortunately Im currently not interested as I want to keep my pizza for myself. Too bad.

• Are you a second hand girl, who has been used by tons of bad dudes in past and now wants to settle down with some nice guy?

• This seems like okay wants in a guy, and i think i both agree and would add all these points in my list. Just add a line in the "staying indoor paragraph" about binging shows and movies. Then i'm all in ;)

• l would love to be your lap dog please l will always be loyal to you as long as you look after me l only need some food and water each day and lots of loving and l will always love you lolyour full time loving pet

• I wish you the very very very very best in any relationship you are in.

• You don't want a guy.
    You want a Dog. Or a servant.

• Never heard of a "cute nose" being a quality that women want, but whatever... but yes, everything listed is true to form.

• You just lifted a lot of guys' hearts ;)

• So Jimmy Stewart then... ;)

• I don't think I have any of those traits.

• You pretty much just explained me.

• I'm here!

• We should date

• I'm almost a few of these things. Almost.

• What about the physical?

• Liar

• Ummm yeah that’s right

• how old are you
    &
    do you have kids 😂😂😂

• I notice you didn't list height?

• Most of these are just trends, including this wanting intelligence crap everyone says now

• No women like badboys. Also most white women only like black men because they want big dick

What Girls Said 7

• Nice list, I'm with you on all except for the out going. I don't know why but I've always wanted an outgoing guy , maybe because I sometimes despise my shyness

• A man who is Alpha!! No gossiping, no partying, no drinking, no drugs, no smoking, etc.

• Yep my boyfriend meets all those points

• Same

• #3 and #7 are probably in contradiction.
    But then again, such man doesn't exist.

• What are you talking about? They're not in contradiction at all.

• @dragonxbars
      Of course they are. A man who won't "stop at nothing" to achieve his goals, that surely includes some lying, deceiving, lack of principles and who knows what else.
      Very different from just 'goal oriented'.

• You're looking at it wrong. "Stop at nothing" just means he will do whatever it takes to achieve his goals while still standing by his principles. So he will stop at nothing EXCEPT not being honest.

• I actually like light eyes in a guy, blue green or hazel so no

• Good