I Really do Believe in Love at First Sight

I had to write this anonymous because I have to get this off of my chest, but at the same time, I don't want my account to be DM'd to death on. I've never admitted this to anyone in my life, so I figured I would write this as an anonymous take.

Let me give you some background: I'm 27 years old, straight, and I'm probably the least romantic person I know. I'm a disgusting man, I'll admit it. I pretty much only care about sex. I don't care about dating. I've paid for hookers, and I've never really dated anyone. I'm just a dirty dog, and I've came to accept I wouldn't be marriage material, and I wouldn't be a good father.

Now since that's off of my chest, I have fallen in love before, and it was at first sight. Literally one time in my life. I was 14 years old, and I was on vacation. If the least romantic person of all time is telling you there is a such thing as love at first sight, there is a such thing as love at first sight.

Picture it: It's the summer of 2005. I'm in Panama City Beach, FL on vacation. I'm just a carefree 14 year old, where my biggest struggle was beating Super Mario 64 DS 100%. At this point, I'm obviously still a virgin, and as I already stated in this take, I've never really been romantic. I would ogle at women at the pool, and I still enjoyed objectifying women. At the pool there was a girl there. Just in case there is some snowball's chance in Mexico of her seeing this, her name in this take will be Jane Doe.

Jane was my age, and she was a cute brunette girl. She had a good body for her age, and her personality was wonderful. She approached me in the pool, and asked me where I was from, she told me straight from the start I was "cute", and it was like I hit the jackpot. But aside from the fact she was stunning to look at, her personality also won me over. And to this day, it's the only time I've fallen in love with a personality. We spent six days on vacation talking to each other every day, and we were in love. Yes, it seems a bit cheesy as 14 year olds but we were in love. It was real, and it makes me tear up just thinking about it.

What happened? Well, she lived in Mississippi, and I'm a lifelong Michigan resident. We did get each other's MySpace profiles/user names, but we didn't message each other much. The last time I messaged her was when we were 20 years old. She still enjoyed talking to me, even though she was dating a guy she met in college at the time. She was a student at Ole Miss, and I was a student at Michigan. We still lived nowhere near each other.

As most of us know, MySpace was abandoned, and it's now a ghost town. What happened? As crazy as this sounds, I can't find here on any social media websites at all. I've tried IG, facebook, snapchat, twitter, youtube, and even googled her first, and last name in hopes to find her on some social networking platform, and I still can't find her. Even though she very well might be married by now, I figure I would at least find her at sometime, especially since facebook recognizes maiden names in the search bar, even if their names have changed. I've been searching for about 6 years now, and still no luck. The crazy thing is, her first, and last name is pretty rare(a very unique name altogether), so I know she's not just lost in the pack of name searches.

The problem is, I'm still not fully over her. Every blue moon, I think about her. There have been times I thought about her during my loneliest moments, and cried myself to sleep. Fuck, I'm a straight dude and I just admitted I cry myself to sleep sometimes.

I know I know..."she's probably married", "she could be dead", "what if she's a drug addict", "get over her." I know. But I can't help but think we were destined to meet each other, except it will probably never happen.

And that's the saddest part of it all.

1617

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe take a trip to where she used to live and ask for phone books from that time period and call the number (in case she moved, got married, etc. since then but her family still lives in the same house). Have cards with your name and contact details on it and ask around; the high school she attended - in case some of the teachers might remember her and know what happened to her, Ole Miss - talking to those professors, university staff, etc., the local post office - if she used to live in a small town/city, etc. Let everyone know you'd appreciate it if they could give her your details (you're not asking for hers - in case they might think you're an ex who's a stalker).
    If it's meant to be that you should find each other, then you will. But maybe you need to "clean house" first; become a better man, not be a dirty dog - be the kind of man you would want your daughter or sister to be with.
    And it's ok to cry. It just shows you're human - and that's a good thing. 😉

• I already contacted Ole Miss, and they said it was against the law to give personal information about current, or former students. I know she was slated to graduate in the spring of 2014. I've literally googled "2014 Ole Miss" graduation videos/articles/students, etc. with her first, and last name, and I can't find anything. Then again, she could have dropped out, postponed her graduation, transferred, etc. Anything is possible, and that's why this search is pointless anymore.

As far as traveling, I barely have enough money to travel 100 miles away, and this girl lives about 1,000 miles from where I live. I barely even get enough time to travel. I wish I could afford to travel, but I've never been able to afford to.

For the record, she lived in Biloxi, Mississippi when she wasn't in college. While it's not a big city by any means, it's also not small enough to be its own town where everyone knows everyone.

I'm trying not nasty, but I seriously never feel romantic.

• I can sympathize. This happened to me. In my case, I was 17 and going to university. I totally had this feeling for this guy I worked with. Just something about him just made me feel different. I was with another guy, so I shrugged it off. We became friends and he became friends with my ex as well. Still something I could not shake, it was powerful and hard to control the attraction. He was amazing. He listened to me, we would talk all the time about everything, but something about this guy told me my heart was changed and in big trouble. We all became roommates as well as his girlfriend too. My ex got relocated, so we moved three years later. We split up and I moved back. We met up for new years eve and ended up in bed together. He told me how much hed loved me from afar. He was such an awesome guy and I did not deserve someone like that. Someone who wanted me to be happy even if it wasn't with him. He got all forever on me as I confessed my feelings as well. I felt way too much for this guy and it scared the shit out of me. I ran. My grandpa died and I ran back home. We didn't see each other for almost ten years. I got married to my ex (we reconnected when I moved back and after revealing my history with my best friend and our old roommate, he wouldn't allow me to contact him, which I obliged) But even on my wedding day, I thought of him (shameful I know) and for four years after I was married, he still didn't leave my thoughts. I looked for him everywhere.. he had no social media and lived 25 hours from me (last time I checked) I ended up stumbling across a LinkedIn profile and it was him. I saw he went back to school and was so proud he got into counselling which he would be awesone at. My ex ended up getting into drugs and I left. I went back to the town where I met him and while I was house hunting, I got these goosebumps on the street, looked up and there he was staring at me shocked. Not sure who moved first but it was insane we were at the same place, same time a decade later. We wrote emails and letters to each other until I was able to land a job and home in that town. When I returned he told me that he couldn't commit to his girlfriend of five years because he always hoped our story would finish. I didn't compare so he didn't bother looking. We've been together four years and just had our first baby 8 months ago. So my advice, check linkedin... don't marry the wrong person while someone is still in your heart. The words what if can haunt you forever.

• I loved your story, because it's the closest thing I've ever seen similar to my story. It's awesome you guys met though, and you've been together!

Note: I checked Linkedin, and I had no luck there. And again, her name is so rare, it doesn't make any sense. And again, even if she's married, many girls on their social media pages will put their maiden names on there, and make sure it comes up with a search.

• Haha you'd be surprised. I hired a PI to find my dad. They just see money lol.

• Interesting. I thought by law, it had to be for a legitimate reason.

Most Helpful Guys

• Guy: Look officer this is a huge misunderstanding!

Bob (Cop 1) : sir we received a report from a. Woman that you followed her all the way home and you've been doing this for a month. I am obligated to place you under arrest while my partner reads you your rights.

Guy: look officer you don't understand, it's my business! I saw her one day, and I knew she had to be the one, but she rejected me, and I can't allow her to deny our destiny.

Bob (Cop 1) : That sounds absolutely ridiculous, Jordan read him his rights!

Jordan (Cop 2) : Bill... With all due respect I...

Bob (Cop 1): Spit it out private!

Jordan: I... I think this stalker might be my soul mate!

Bob: Wh... What are you?

Jordan: I can tell, destiny brought us together! He was meant to stalk that woman so me an him could meet, don't you get it? We're destined for each other!

Guy: I... I don't...

Bob: Jordan what the fuck are you-

Jordan: I can't let you throw him in jail, he's my soul mate, I just know it, I can see it in his eyes!

Guy: Just... Take me to jail at this point...

Bob: Jordan read him his rights or I'll do it!

Jordan: *pulls out handgun* I'm not letting you take my man to the slammer!

Guy: WHAT THE FU-!

Bob: JORDAN PUT THE GUN DOWN THIS INSTANT, DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS! *takes out glock*

Jordan: *Grabs the guy* SHOOT AT ME AND YOU'LL RISK HARMING A CITIZEN, ARE YOU GONNA TAKE THAT CHANCE LIEUTENANT?

Bob: *BANG BANG BANG*

*Jordan let's go of the guy and drops dead, while lieutenant Bob drops to the ground in tears, the guy gets up and walks over to Bob.*

Guy: You partner... I'm sure they mean a lot to you...

Bob: More than a lot... You see... Jordan... was my soul mate!

~Fin

• GOOOOOO for it man.

Read my post. I'm in the same boat as you, except my situation is 100000 times more difficult.

Go read Jeff Bezos little post about not telling someone your true feelings.

• I can't find her lol.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 14

• Pff, no one will judge you about this, and those who do, are assholes.

I don't think we meet people by accident, but sadly, sometimes they are just a lesson and when they end their time... that's all. Be proactive and look for her, but do realize you may not find her again.

If is destined to be... it will be.

• It's just weird, because I've never fallen in love before.

• Don't listen to those, who say it's bullshit. It's not. It might be infatuation or you got really attached to the idea that she's the one or maybe she was zhe only one, that showed you direcrly that she liked you... I don't know the reasons, but you feelings are valid. And who knows... maybe she IS your soulmate...

• Maybe the reason why I have no romantic interests is because this soulmate I met at 14 has stayed with me my entire life, and blocked out any other girls?

• Great take, I really want you to find her now, it seems like she was made for you. But that wasn't love at first sight. Of course you assume it's love, what else would you associate the feeling with? Like you said, you don't really date and you're not a romantic person, so you've never had the chance to feel an ounce of love for someone else. You can't tell me you're the same person you were 13 years ago. You were a clueless, hormonal boy. Inexperienced people in general mistake infatuation for love. I will say though, maybe you did end up "loving" her after talking to her, but not at first sight. That was attraction.

• Thanks!

This just happened to be the only time I feel sorta in love (if you call it that) with anyone.

• I don't know... id be interested in what someone looks like in first site, but its not love at first site for me at least... in my experiance its always been infatuation..

hey, your story is sweet, but i think its time to move on, or at least start dating other people, she clearly has, maybe... try to date other people and meet other people before u settle for her

why wait for a person to look you in the eye and then find its true love? they might not even be who you think they are. make friends with them find out who they are, know that if you date them... they will never abandon you or leave you hanging

i dont want to offend you, im just telling you my perspective, pls tell me if u dissagree

• Was this written by a Disney Princess?

• No, I'm a nasty pig lol.

• Good take

• That's sad. Hope you will find her.

• Interesting lol

• I never had love at first sight...😞💔😭

• Yo remind me of some though acted just like you... interesting 🤔 he was odd just like you but I had some deep sexual emotionally spiritual feelings.

• You never know till you give it a try

• awe this is so sad :(

• Nope

• Don’t wait your time love isn’t real

• The reason why you don't think love isn't real is because males between 18-30 are idiots. I've noticed older men are more into actual love.

• So do I date a 30 y/o? What about the girls my age that get boyfriends and shit guys only look at me like I’m a literal object

• What age of guys do your friends date? And who says they're good guys?

I'm just saying most males under the age of 30 aren't very bright.

• You guys had the chance to talk to each other on MySpace, but you didn’t talk much. I’m guessing the longer you would’ve been together, the less you would’ve felt for her anyway. She’s likely just something that’s in your mind because you didn’t get closure.

Anyway, I’m not saying love at first sight doesn’t exist because infatuation is a form of love. You loved her looks and it seems like you loved what you knew of her personality. I also think this can happen for you with others, although you’re probably not going to feel the same high you felt during puberty. Hormones are raging during those ages.

• I'm not sure if you ever had a MySpace, or remember MySpace, but MySpace wasn't like Facebook, or Twitter. Most people on MySpace would "decorate" their profiles more than anything. DMs on MySpace weren't that common. On top of this, she had a boyfriend, so that's why I didn't message get much anyway.

I suppose you make a good point. However, I can promise you her looks were only part of the equation. She was a solid 7/10, but far from the best looking girl I've seen. There was just something about her... I just can't explain it. It reminds me of the movie "The Notebook"-I just HAVE to be with this girl.

• I believe in love at first sight too, I ve experienced it throughout my life. Awesome take. I hope at least one day you will get to know where she is and what she is up to in life.

• She just wasn't meant to be yours since you both kept in touvh from 14 to 20 years old so, time for you to realize that there is someone else out there for you, she was a lesson for you to know what love was all about so you can recognize the familiar feeling when you meet her (somebody else) someday.

What Guys Said 15

• That's all nothing but a bunch of delusions. It's completely misleading and all in our heads. Think of it as that "spoon" scene from The Matrix:

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon—that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?

Spoon boy: Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Am I right my bros? @unit1? @decentguy?

• Too long description I didn't gone through that.. I would just say first site is attraction only many times it happens that you say you are in love with her on first sight but that was only attraction when you came to know more each other than you realize it is not love.. With Me it happens mostly.

• 14yo is probably too young an age to be "in love". Hence I would rather say that was your "infatuation at first sight".

However, I do believe in love at first sight, because I think my wife and I fell in love that way.

We were of marriageable age although we just entered the job market.

But separated by an ocean, we met, we "felt" and we just like being together. There was no sex, but great romance. I proposed after 3 months and after nine months we were married, as virgins.

So I wonder if you would classify our love as "first sight". (I literally put aside my career and stay in her country and got my driver's license there. And she quit her job just to marry me.) What say you?

• How can this be love at first sight?😂

Even i had such friends.
    I guess most people went through some similar situations.
    You are missing something...

• Anyone who says they love a, person at first sight is wrong. You may love how they look but you can not love tge type of person they are without getting to know them first.

• You need to move on since you have not found her and it being seven years since you last messaged her.

• You can love more than one person; you just need to find that combination again

• It's lust at first sight

• She wasn't that good looking. She was cute-but not drop dead gorgeous. Even at 20, she looked almost exactly the same-cute, but nothing too special. On a scale of 1-10, I would say she's a 7/10: Hot, but not THAT hot.

I've seen much better looking women, but never had this feeling.

• Thanks for sharing. I do not.

• I believe it too, great Take.

• 1000% yes absolutely I believe in it..

• Wow with the exception of not falling in love, you sound just like me to the T. I feel in love with a girl when I was 9 years old, she was 10. Over the years, just like you, I have searched for her and cried too. Her name also rare. I'm glad I spotted this, I don't feel so alone anymore.

• Ridiculous.

• No, that's nonsense

• How do you explain my case then? I've already admitted I'm not romantic at all, yet, I've experienced it.

• You're infatuated, not in love, there's a difference

• That... isn't love at first sight though. That's plain luck and then bad luck due to location. She approached you to talk. You didn't spot her from a distance and immediately develop a crush, you got to know her. Just take it as a good memory dude. If you can, message her just to say hi. If no reply, go ahead and move on. If one girl calls you cute, chances are, another one may as well. Let em. Don't go chasing as that's a waste in my opinion. I think a woman that's worth it will be the one to actively talk to you and make approach. Approaching women these days and really just in general made ZERO sense from the start. Now it's no wonder many women suspect any approach is secretly about sex. Men of all time who act shitty towards women make the men actually polite suffer now. And yes, there are women that like abusive men, but they are often trash and gold diggers, so they aren't worth the trouble from the start. Those types won't often be the ones to approach either as they want options, so again, a woman who approaches or is open to talk a lot casually as if you are another gal friend is a good sign. If no women never approaches, well, sometimes we are unfortunate to be placed on Earth where we are when it comes to finding a special somebody, so it's best to say fuck it and find other things to focus on, namely a good career you love. If you have a good career you love and no woman still, fuck it! Just say fuck it! Keep your casual other single friends and have good times with em! There is NO LAW saying one MUST have a family. You can't help being geographically disadvantaged in finding a woman to relate to. Hell, it's why I'm willing to form a gay relationship. If there's a guy that shares interests and really connects with me, why SHOULDN'T I date him? Idc about the sex part. If I want that, sex bots will be a thing and self pleasure does the job pretty well and anytime ya want. Yes, a woman that you can connect with may be nice, but again, geography sometimes simply sucks, so whoever you can keep close to you as friends/allies/buds is great, men or women.

• Since girls are at first not attracted to any gender. Women does not experience sexual attraction until they form a emotional connection with someone. In general, Women are not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender, but if an emotional connection is formed with someone else, they may experience sexual attraction towards the specific partner (s).

Then muscular body is just nice looking as like nice painting or it is something that attract you? Because before forming emotional connection you can't feel attracted to muscular body even muscular body would not attract you

• I feel attraction instantly !

I just won’t be interested in Persuing it until I get to know if I like him as a person.

• I rarely feel attraction deeply I feel it mildly a lot.

• The kind where I feel a bit tingly is common the. The kind where I feel all those other things and fall in love , is rare.

• In my experience I like a girl like crazy from the beginning and then from their I either continue to like them as much as I originally did or I find personality flaws that make her more and more ugly.

So basically I'm the most in love with a woman when I first meet her and it can only get worse from there...