What to do when a guy rejected you harshly?

I used to like a colleague of mine. I used to look at him frequently. However, he insulted me badly some days back and rejected me with very harsh words, saying that he isn't interested in me. I am very much broken. I never wished to get humiliated as a result of my naive liking for him. I was pure in my feelings. Somehow I daily see his face and feel hurt. I cannot quit my job. What must I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you like your job don't date anyone, or get the hots for anyone at work. If you don't care or can get another easily, then carry on. Just know that when it all blows up, and it will, one or both will likely have to seek work elsewhere.

There's even a term for it: "Don't shit where you eat."

The other thing I see here is some kind of self-importance, like just because you had some kind of feeling makes it somehow a requirement that everyone around you accepts or respects it. It's fine to like someone, whether they respond in kind or not does not change what they are as a person.

You're looking for some kind of if-then logic where there isn't any.

Gee, now you know how the guys feel when they're constantly rejected.

• Yep ex and I broke up and we worked at the same place and caused a lot of drama and made it awkward but hey its worth a shot for love. My best friend met his wife at work!

• you had a secretary when you were 29? I'm 27 and i have to share an office xD

• @cinnaminion yes two of them , we did lawsuits for a collection agency. She was 26 and I was 33. She was HOT!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• eh it happens. if you ask out a lot of people youd see some are courteous others are not. he at least showed you his true colors so you won't be pining for him. there's nothing naive about having interest in a person. you dont know him well so you ask him out. hats the point. you found out quickly he's an asshole. now you move on.

this really is best. you know he's not worthy of you and you won't feel anything for him.

What Guys Said 11

• This is why it's dumb to even attempt to date coworkers or if you simply like them telling them so. Congrats, now you are going to dread going to work for the next 40 years unless you find another job at some point or he does. In the mean time ignore him and look elsewhere for mates besides your workplace or even your apartment complex (in case he turns out to be psycho you don't want him knowing where you live). Birds are smart, they generally don't shit in their own nest.

• being rejected harshly is actually kind of a good thing. cause this way you can get over it better. imagine if he had been all nice about it. you might think you still have chances or so.

• I'm kinda in the same position (somewhat but not really😅) that must suck. but right now your only option is try to move on. It hurts now but you still alive😊

• Quit your job there is a millon other Jobs... Ignore him if has feelings at all he will come to u.. if not move on... your a chick you can get a lot of dudes

You always want what you can't have remember that. just like u r feeling now..

• I don't feel like seeing his face. I dont look at him now. Infact I feel more hurt to listen to his voice. So I put earphones on whenever he is around alone near me. I dont wish for him to talk to me again ever (as what I try to convey by putting on earphones).

• Ofcourse I dont want to. But I am just feeling terrible the way I was insulted. And I am so much traumatized.

• You gotta not worry about what other people think... there will always be someone that dont like u for some reason.

• forget him and move on.

• My heartbeat becomes fast and I begin to tremble whenever he is around me.

• Keep asking him out

• i find showing up at girls windiws to ask them out works well. especially at 3 am.

• walk past him in a lingerie with a lolipop. if he tries to flirt tell him he's broken.

• Have dinner and relax. There's nothing you can do about it. Lesson learned, I guess.

• try to ignore him then he will attract towards u

• Are you very pretty? If so he might just be down low. Nothing to do with if that's the case. Or maybe you just remind him of his sister. You never know.

• i suppose he has another affair and get it over with u... move on.. life has to go on..

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah people don't have to be a jerk when rejecting someone. Just try your best to ignore him and focus on your job, that's all you really can do.

• I think i remember you posted about this before. I have a crush at work too but i dont talk to him, i would glance but not stare. I see why you felt hurt and humiliated, i see his pov too, he is definitely aware of your interest in him, he didn't feel the same and he was having a bad day when you approach him. Just move on. I've been on both sides of the fence.

• ignore him

• I am sorry for you... you clearly didn't deserve that. Just ignore him. He wouldn't be good for you with that attitude of his anyway. Move on and when you're at work, focus on your tasks and talk to other colleagues. Good luck!

• screw him he missed out. if any guy rejects you like that then you just go and be you and do you forget him just remember if he is going to act like that then he is not worth you time

• What did he say exactly?

• "Why do you keep on staring at me? I am not interested in what you are. Stop thinking about me. You come here to work so work. And mind your own business."

• just out of the blue? jeez what a jerk
      what did you reply?
      you should have put him in place

• pretend that he doesn't exist

• Harshly? I would just move on
    Behaviours like that belong to the trash of the society

• Move on. Why put yourself in a position of rejection in the first place?

• Ignore him and laugh with colleagues. Meet a wonderful man who respects you.

• ignore him forever girl. I know it's hard to do but try

• Fuck some people can be horrible, show him what he's missing out on! Make him feel bad for being horrible to you. If thats not your thing then best you try and ignore him and just focus on your job !