First date, his birthday, who pays?

I've been talking to this guy now for 3 and a half weeks and things are going really well. We hang out a lot and text everyday. I like him sooooo much! We're going on our first official date, other than just grabbing breakfast. It's his birthday so we're going out to dinner. I feel like I should pay because it's his birthday but then again it's our first date. Do I fight to pay or just offer but then let him pay cuz knowing him he'll want to pay

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Offer to pay, but make sure he knows you mean it, something like taking the cheque book when it comes to the table. If his pride were to be genuinely hurt by you paying for the first date he will make a big fuss about him paying. In which case you should let him because a. Free meal b. Guys get real funny about pride sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• You asked, his bday, you pay

What Guys Said 2

• Who asked?

• Girl, you asked him out, plus it's his birthday, plus you like him "sooooo much" and you're still not sure whether you want to pay? Stay away from him, he deserves better.

What Girls Said 2

• He pays for your slice of cake and you pay for his.

• split the bill, but maybe cover a desert or something