Does a perfect body really matter to you?

Does having a body that is ideal to you matter to when it comes to guys/girls you date despite their face? Or does it not matter as long as they have an attractive face?

I honestly care more about a guys face than his body. As long as I am extremely attractive to his face, I could care less what his body looks like. To me the portrait of the face is what draws me in.

Most Helpful Guy

• not at all. perfect bodies are just boring. i mean sure i have preferences but those preferences are not one thing. like take for example boob size. i don´t want D cups. for me everything from B-F is perfect. less ore more than that is also fine and not a turn off. same with many other things. it´s a big range of bodies that are attractive to me though there are of course bodies outside of things i like too. don´t think so much about it. it´s much more about connection on a mental level and if your body isn´t really an extreme deviation of the average, you should be fine anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• The whole thing matters.

• Bu would if you could only get one I've the other and everything else about him is perfect?

What Guys Said 140

• For me outward appearance is the ultimate thing I'm attracted towards, but "outward appearance" is not strictly physical shape (though that's included).

It even has to do with some things people call "personality", but a more outward kind of personality, like how they talk, how they smile, how they laugh, their posture (friendly? guarded?), the sound of their voice, their demeanor and mannerisms, etc.

These are the types of things that create the image I form in my mind that symbolizes the girl, and it's that image I tend to fall in love with and become really attracted towards.

Deeper aspects of personality which are more hidden without very intimate communication and doing things like facing hardships together is what makes me stay with a girl.

• As for the question, I don't believe in a "perfect" body in the first place. I do have some conceptions of what constitutes a "healthy" body that's more suitable for certain physical actions that I find more attractive than those I believe to be "unhealthy" and ill-suited for such actions.

• Yes, actually she changed so many things from broadening my taste in music to finding more women (even celebrities) who looked more like her more attractive. In her case, she was a slim girl with very small breasts, long arms and legs and neck (somewhat lanky), a somewhat plain-looking face, and not exactly the roundest butt. I fell so deeply for her in spite of initially not finding her body to be that attractive that it totally broadened my horizons in ways where I suddenly started finding that type of body attractive.

• That's interesting. Shows that the person themself despite their physical appearance is what you're really attracted to.

• No a perfect body on a woman is not something that is needed to make me happy, but a good personalty, and other people skills are what drew me to a certain person to start with.. and if some guy says.. hey you are not perfect.. it just may be time to walk away and cut all ties from a person like that.. you may never be good enough for him or them.. take care now and have a great day and the rest of the week

• the embodiment of perfection lol
    https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aL2K6YW_700b.jpg

• There's no such thing as a perfect body. There is such thing as a body you find perfect for you. For me, I have to have that physical attraction well as a mentally attraction. But, I understand that perfection is a falsity in the way we view perfection. Also, I love a bit of imperfection in a woman in looks. It gives her character and then she doesn't look like a plastic doll. Like if your body is just to perfectly proportioned, (video game boobs and butt a little too oddly rounded and waist just a bit too small for the shoulders), I'll question if it is all real or not in my mind, and then it's just distracting and it will make me question how real in other areas such as personality are you.

But strive for your feeling of "perfection" and if you fall short, you'll still be amazing.

• Yes i meant the individuals idea of perfect. And I agree. As I wouldn't want a fake guy eitger.

• I don't care about body nor face.
    If it's love none of this matters. Love doesn't know numbers or shapes and sizes. I care about personality than anything else.
    An ugly inside destroys any outsider beauty.
    Prefect doesn't exist. Nobody's prefect. Everybody has flaws. And those flaws are part of who we are as a human and they are part of our definition. When someone loves another, they will accept them the way they are.

When i fall in love with someone or start to like them. Automatically everything about them turns beautiful to me. That's how it works for me.

• that's beautiful and well whoever you love is going to be perfect to you because that's YOUR idea of perfect. perfect does exist to every individual as far as out own ideas of perfect.

• Yes you are indeed! :)
      It's been pleasant to talk to you.
      Wish you all the best :)

• thank you and you as well, sir :)

• Using an objective scale, no woman I've been attracted to has had a "perfect" body. I found her body attractive and I found her attractive hence my attraction but objectively she was not "perfect." Typically the men who pursue quote unquote "perfect women" are dating for status not to try to form a connection. If you let your feelings guide the way rarely are they going to direct you towards somebody who is perfect looking.

Men are more visual by nature. But the idea that men only care about looks is false. If men want a trophy wife looks will be valued above most other things- if they want a relationship, looks are one of many factors.

• Well everyone has their own idea of perfect. Perfect itself doesn't exist because we all have out own idea of perfect. Whatever you find attractive is your idea of perfect so they were perfect for you.
      About men being visual is bogus. Everyone is different and some men aren't visual and some women are. It varies to the individual. Our nature is human beings and if one is visual and the other isn't then we're not compatible.

• all bodies are appealing once I get to know and like the person inside. sure, some bodies are more attractive to me initially than others, but the range of what I find appealing is far wider than the prevailing definition of a perfect body. what I am unattracted to is somebody who is overly concerned with what their body looks like whether that manifests itself in the form of preoccupied narcissism or an overly protective low self esteem. I like people who are warm, welcoming, and cuddly which encompasses a nicely varied range from thin to large. also, the more I get to know and like a person, the more I'm attracted to what might be normally considered their physical imperfections. these become often, their cutest assets. this applies to men and women both. although I am primarily attracted to women, some guys turn my head as well. in either case it's a person's energy and personality that really draws me in.. their face, their facial features and expressions, their voice, the way they carry themselves, the things they say and do, their charisma, and their warmth towards me and others... all these factors are much more eye catching to me than their physical fitness.

• You don't have to be perfect.

• What is perfect? People have different views on perfect, what is perfect for you may not be perfect for me. That's why I don't care much, no need to be perfect.
    However I'd like someone who cared about her body enough to keep it good, if I do it with my body I think I'm not asking much (since I'm asking something I do myself).

• The real question here, is why is she holding her arm with the measure tape so far away from her body? That part doesn't matter, She's supposed to be looking at it by her waiste... Which she obviously isn't doing because she's so arched back that her own bewbies are in the way to see it makes no sense

• I don't know lol I didn't upload a picture for this do I don't know how a picture always appears

• The whole idea of a "perfect" body is so subjective anyway. There are an infinite amount of ways that a girl can be attractive physically, with widely different body shapes/sizes, breast size, height, etc. And the same goes for facial attractiveness too. So when I'm attracted to a girl, it's just an overall kind of thing and there isn't just one kind of "look" that I find attractive. And if I like the girl, I'm naturally gonna like her body.

• perfect it whatever your own idea is of perfect. if you would have read my description.

• not a perfect body but at least an average is desired. I'd too much to ask for?
    also I am having a better than average body.

• No. I care more about face and personality. I am attracted to girls over weight as long as they have nice boobs. I am attracted to skinny chics as long as they have a nice round butt. I value curves. my ex is actually obese but with nice curves. Sex was better with her than a bony skinny chic.

• an actually healthy body matters to me. if you can take care of yourself, that's attractive.
    You are not healthy at every weight.

• priorities. it's all personal. i don't really care much about persons body. a normal face with a good and warm attitude would be nice and enough tho

• It matters that I'm attracted to her body, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

• Well personality honestly trumps everything. Then a nice face can make up for a not so nice body. So a perfect body is probably the least important of all three.

• No, not at all, there are many more things than a body in a girl i Look for, i Look for someone i get along with, a good understanding and respect.

• Nope, it's about how you make me feel. But even that's not on you. It's about my experiances in life. Always consider the man who looks at your eyes first. He want's to know your heart.

• For the face to be attractive, the guy's probably gonna need to be trimmer anyway, though. So you're killing two birds with one stone.

In my case a body I'm attracted to can make up for a sub-par face and vice versa.

• The sad truth is, yes of course the shape of one's body matters. Physical attraction comes before you fully become attracted to their personality.

There are two reasons.

1. You would not pursue if you were not attracted in the first place. The truth of the matter is that we see people before we hear people. This is why first impressions matter so much, first impressions being how we look.

2. The second reason is nature. Humans are still animals, granted we are civilized and intelligent, but our instincts guide an important piece, mating. If left to the mind, our species would not make the best choices, perhaps picking an unhealthy mate. Instincts are important when mating as they are what tells us if they will continue our species or not. The whole point of mating is to keep your genes in the gene pool and to have a worthy heir to do so. Physical attraction immediately tells us how healthy a human is, and if they can be a potential mate or not.

The sad truth is, physical attraction matters. And for me personally, I admit it so too. For me, however, I also look for another quality and that is personality. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of health for a mate with a mind as that is what I value most. We are not perfect and so a few sacrifices in certain areas have to be made.

• Humans aren't like that. We aren't like animals in that way. We have love and don't "mate" to just continue our species. We're not endangered. We have children with someone we love because we love them as want to have children them. I dunno where you get that strange idea from but the human mind is not like that of an animal. We're deeper than that. Animals mate because they have predators and need to keep mating to keep their kind alive. But there are other animals who only have one mate and stay with that mate. They don't look for attraction in the way humans do because most of one kind looks the same. A person appearance doesn't determine whether they are healthy or not. You can be fit but be very unhealthy. It matters on your diet and you're not going to know someone's diet just by looking them.
      You can't be attracted to someone who looks but had a terrible personality. You CAN however become attracted to someone who isn't as attractive but has a great personality.

• Well is God good or evil? Is the devil good or evil?

• Are we talking about an impersonal God, a personal God, etc? Really depends on what sort of God we refer to. If we are talking about God and the Devil like in Christianity, Islam, or Judaism then God would be good and the Devil evil.

Depends on the idea we're exploring here and where you'd like the discussion to head to.

• the way i see it is that women are lime paintings. if you have a picture why narrow the options down to one color (aspect of a body) why not mix colors (haveing a nice face, body, butt, legs ext) for instance my girlfriend is perfect when it comes to looks, and therefore is a rainbow of colors all in one Beautifully drawn picture, perfect face, hair, legs, nice butt, sexy body, everything matters, cause its the details that win or loose battles.

• because not everyone you will find attractive will have both so its either you're looking for love or sex.

• I think in the most cases, the body really matters to all guys, but for me it doesn't really, actually it makes the difference, but a beauty and nice face it's what you see in the morning, in the finish, the body matters as an optional (but if u have a good one, is more than just a single "thing" to get, you know..)

• Perfect body doesn't matter to me. And who am i to demand a certain body type for my partner, I'm human just like them and dont expect them to have the perfect body.

• it doesn't have to be perfect that would be setting your expectations to high. I rather the girl have a pretty face because that's what your going to be looking at more often but she can't be fat I can't fuck with fat chicks. if she also has a nice body that's a defiantly a plus I girl with a cute face and a banging body would be great.

• Personality more important, than the face, than the body. Also it depends on what our view is on a 'perfect' body. The one in the picture is a turn off for me

• I need to see a cute face (particularly nice teeth and nose), some kinda boobs (not completely flatchested), and some kinda ass (even if its tiny, like i need some kind of curve, not a pancake)

• Fair enough pretty face is nice and a hot. Body is good to its a matter of opinion tbh but I prefer a kind face to a hot body but then again not trying to sound like a dick I like a active girl someone who will go to the gym and hikes with me and generally speaking they have good body's

• It doesn't have to be perfect because you have to eat perfect and always be at the gym training plus you have to be born with good genes. But if you're lean with curves Its a big plus to me

• a perfect body is more of a myth ! if you are things people ask why are you thin, if you are fat, people say you need to lose some that. so that means a perfect body is only having abs is perfect? and that is something required by professionals are those who are fond ! so I conclude not a perfect body but good fitness does matter.

• More from Guys
    110

What Girls Said 59

• No, the only requirement i have is that he feels comfortable in his skin. And why? Because society and media has made us hating our bodies even if we're perfectly fine. Hating that bit of fat that has no impact on our health. Hating that skin because of the cellulitis but still being able to do lunges and squats. But you know that doesn't count, you still have cellulitis.

I've once read: If your biggest fear is to gain 5-10kg then you have a fucking good life.

I wish that people would start embracing their bodies and working hard to improve, not to lose that fat or make those abs shine through, but to be able to lift 5 more kg or do a faster sprint.

• I also think personality > face > body.

Personality is what first gets me attracted to a guy. If we click and have fun together then honestly it doesn't matter what he looks like. The only reason I even care about how he looks is more to do with what everyone else will think. Face is way more important than body too. I don't really like the whole abs and 6 pack look. I prefer a bit of a chunkier/average guy. More like the "before" image kind of look lol.

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ge-m-16_1437124430615.jpg

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...64000005DC-38_634x538.jpg

www.comfortsurf.com/.../10%20-%20Copy.jpg

• Interesting. I think in that order too. Face over body.

• Yes for me in the sense of the person's activity level. I was never turned off by my ex's body, but seeing how much food he could put away and low level of physical activity, I know in the long run, he is going to pile on the weight. When you are young, you don't really gain weight that fast, when your metabolism slows, you put on pounds as you get older. Becoming very overweight in the long run means shorter lifespan, less energy to do anything, prob a very limited sex life etc. I need someone who actually takes care of their body. My routine is not the best, but I walk everywhere and I don't eat a lot. They don't need the perfect body (ripped bodies are kind of a turn off for me), but I know if they are piling on the pounds now, in the future it'll be worse.

• I like a guy who takes care of himself, my ex didn't workout and had a bit of a beer belly but I fell for his sense of humour and the connection I felt. Then he wanted to get into fitness himself without me even mentioning it and lost some weight and toned up but that was because he wanted too. I loved him either way.
    If someone was morbidly obese I wouldn't find it attractive myself and you can only date someone you're sexually attracted too. Also it could cause them health complications eventually.

So for me, someone who has a balanced lifestyle and looks average 😊

• I actually like the petite look much better on females. Its flattering and compliments almost anything a female chooses to wear. I feel like having a big butt and big boobs are a distraction to men. But hey thats just me. I have a nice shape, and do not feel that my shape is distracting. However, just because a female is on the heavier side I feel that she shouldn't feel insecure about her body nor looks.

• No. I prefer obese tall guys. I'm 5'9 and curvy (not fat) so I love guys that can make me feel small but it's kinda hard to find.

• I have no problem dating someone with an 'imperfect body'. Beauty is subjective, we all like different things and our tastes definitely change over time.

I'm also attracted to many different things. So I tend to like different body types. I too though am a lover of faces :)

• Yes face is everything.

• personality>face>body
    As long as they aren't overweight or repulsive, them having a personality that is compatible with my own, as well as the obvious good chemistry, is far more important than whether or not they have a six-pack or look like a male model.

• I agree! That order exactly. A bad personality is definitely a turn off and doesn't make you attractive even if you are physically attractive. I've never been able to find myself attracted to a guy after I see how ugly his personality is.

• I care about having a body that's as perfect as possible, but I don't care much about the body of my partner (s).
    I'm currently dating a girl with a bmi of 32 and although I don't find plus-sized people attractive in general, I couldn't love her more. Her face is beautiful and so is her personality.

I also dated guys with all kinds of physiques. Normal to buff to extremely skinny to "dad bod", hairy or not, pale skin to brown. I found them all attractive, not because of those things, but because of the people they were in total. I can admire elegance as much as strength, intelligence or kindness.

Funny how I'm still extremely vain myself.

• I think its more important to have an initial attraction to their face and then if they've got a good body thats just a bonus. I tend to date men who have good bodies because I also work out so most of my previous relationships have been formed at the gym or likewise but I'd be open to dating heavier guys and have done in the past.

• That's 👍 It's also good to have a guy that would workout with you.

• I never pay so much attention to one's physique when dating. More on the face but even then Im more into his personality it seems because there's always someone that comes up and say "why him? You deserve someone hotter" and I'd just laugh it off 😂

• For me, I wouldn't say a perfect body, but a satisfactory body to me. As long as I see that the guy cares about his body (He's active in sports, eats healthy most of the time, has abs😊😅) It's good enough plus an attractive face of course. I wouldn't want to date a guy who just literally don't care about his body. I want someone who can motivate me to have a healthy lifestyle and who I could workout with☺️I've been obese since childhood and lost like 20 + pounds about 3 years ago but unfortunately gained it back. I want someone who I can work with to keep being fit and all. I wouldn't like it if we're both not in good shape for example.

• I would say that I care much more about my own body; if I don't look good in my clothes/stay in shape, I feel awful.

As for the guy, in terms of appearance, the face would mean more to me, he doesn't have to have a six-pack, I don't expect one. As long as he takes general care of himself, I'm fine.

• Yeah it matters to an extent. I won't date a guy who is a bean pole. I'm just not attracted to it at all.
    Also, if he's built up top but has chicken legs or just has legs that splay out at exteme angles -pretty unattractive.
    I've actually known a guy who had stretch marks on his arms. It's not a deal breaker cuz I still wanted to get with him lol

I always find it super unattractive if the guy has a smaller torso than me or if his arms are shorter than mine ( I'm 5'7)

• No, not really. I'm more attracted to a guy's face. As long as he has an average male body (not shorter than me, not super skinny or super muscular), I'll be attracted to him.

• I want a decent body. That's it. Functional genitalia.
    Not fat, not skinny, tall enough.
    If he has some good amount of muscles it's a bonus, not complaining haha!

• A healthy body is important. I work to keep myself in shape. I expect the same from my partner.

• Nobody is perfect. Yes, you may have models who look to be perfect, but often times they're not. They have to do extreme training and are taking in very few calories. And plus, a lot of "perfect" people don't have very good personalities.

• It doesn't have to be ideal, neither body nor face, but I wouldn't say I don't care at all if they're too thin or too chubby. It does matter to me and I link it to being healthy and what kind of genes would my children receive in case we stay together.

• not even looks I go for what's on the inside but guys who are cute are a bonus lol

• I agree with you, sparkly eyes, pearly whites, that smile and even hair is bonus. I notice that before I notice anything else.

• I have to be attracted to their body.
    But my idea of perfect isn't someone else's idea of perfect.

• That's the point. It's about your own idea of perfect but you definitely pick body over face?

• I don't know haha I mean face is probably more important because you can always change your body through exercise.
      But I mean, gotta like both. Hahah

• Yes lol also the face is what you're going to be looking at the most and waking up to after all xD

• I need to be attracted to everything to want to have sex with you and if I don't want to have sex with you, I don't want to be in a relationship with you.

• I'm the opposite. I can look past an ugly face if their body is the type I'm usually attracted to. I really don't focus on facial features all that much -- I mean, if he's got a pretty face then great, but an ugly body would probably be a dealbreaker whereas an ugly face is not.

• I care more about his face than his body yes, but I don't care for his body as long as he loves me (I'm not perfect as well and most of the guys I've dated had belly fat). He shouldn't be obese though because that significes for me as an unhealthy, lazy person.

• I like guys that have a good physique. He doesn't have to have a six pack to have a good physique. He has to be healthy. I don't care much about the face though it does matter to a small extent. Also, personality matters THE MOST. I won't date a guy who's rude, stubborn, forceful or impractical most of the time even if he has supermodel looks. Also, to me, a too muscular body is a no-no. That's just me though.

• I do not have a perfect body. Who am I to demand it from my partner?

• perfect doesn t exist

• No but everyone has their own idea of perfect. I have mine and I'm sure you have yours but that doesn't mean yours is perfect to me or vice versa.

• Its cool ^_^

• 😊😊

• Body matters to me, face matters too. I don't want to be with anorexic or obese person. I don't wanna be shallow but a person should try to be healthy as much as they can.

I saw one very handsome guy in local shop and despite him being chubby, I'd date him immediatly. I think that face matters a bit more than body.

• It doesn't have to be perfect. A healthy, in shape body is fine with me - not too overweight/underweight. To me, the face is much more important.

• More from Girls
    29