Would you date a super religious Bible thumper and you're not religious? How would you deal with it?

super religious male vs. non religious female The religious guy wants a relationship and the non religious guys don't. Should I give him a chance? He's not that attractive but treats me nice.

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, let me advice you emphatically that you don't want to date someone that you don't find attractive, no matter how nice they are. You can't invent chemistry and whatever rocks your boat with regards to physical, intellectual, and emotional intimacy, your partner MUST have. We can try to look past someone shortcoming's because they are nice or intelligent or even good looking, but if they don't have the whole package that we need, it will end eventually. I can assure you.

I've had clients date men that they thought were hot and that's why they dated them but the ultimate lack of intellectual chemistry killed the relationship.

I've had clients date men that were intellectually awesome but lacked the emotional availability to sustain a long relationship.

You want, and NEED, the entire relationship PIE (physical, intellectual, and emotional) not just one or two slices of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Look. As a Christian who doesn't believe in religion, you need to understand what his values are and why he is interested in dating you. At this point from reading one of your comments, I will tell you that if you can't respect his beliefs it will NEVER work out. Because if you stick with him because he's nice then your using his kindness, and it will be abusive. You're not attracted to who he is as a person and what makes him up as a person. There is a difference between being nice and being kind. Your being secular have 0 to do with how you chose to treat a person who thinks differently than you. Again, it's not going to work if you can't respect him. Because when you disrespect what he believe's, your disrespecting everybody who believes what he does as a whole. We each handle how we believe differently. If you can't tolerate that, forget it. And I say this for anybody regardless to if they are religious, non-religious, believers in Christ, or not.

What Guys Said 13

• No, god is a man made construct. A way to deal with unknowns. Religion ishe gathering of people of a certain faith, but will I wouldn't. Most people who are super religious are dillusional. Dillusional or crazy, or possibly have untreated spacial needs, which is t their fault, they just gravitate to what they like.

• Super religiose is something i really really don't want and if they didn't have much going for them i wouldn't find it exactly compelling.
    But if you are finding it very hard to find someone that want's a relationship then it's up to you to decide whether or not you want a relationship with them vs maybe finding someone else maybe not.

• nope

• hun you are almost 40 and you don't believe in GOD
    better hurry up hun

but for your answer no he should not even waste his time on
    you are not worth it

• I absolutely would not.

• Nope. They be crazy.

• No never. Don't do it. Please

• Super religious people are borderline crazy I find. Step carefully.

• Ladies if he drives you and others insane... Just put them in trash. It happens.

• What exactly is it that you're afraid of with the religious guy?

• Heck No, I do not date the moral police and want to force her evil religious views down my throat.

• Nope I would not date an super religious bible thumper would drive me crazy

• Nah. Don't defile that guy. Get someone more like yourself who'll destroy that bum.

What Girls Said 6

• No, because while I don't mind letting him have his religious views and stuff I know for FACT no semi-legitimate Christian will stay with a girl that won't even pretend to go through the motions. Even if in the beginning he seems fine with being with a non-religious person, he's gonna be harboring some hope that he can change you and when he realizes he can't, he's gonna dip out.

• nope.

• Nopeeeeee.

• Hell no. If I can't stand my family I'm pretty sure I couldn't stand someone else. 😑

• If they have the ability to compromise who knows maybe, there are worse people one could date such as a psycho who pretends to be normal until you see the dark side of the right?

• This is sorta a tough situation, if you really like him I'd say go for it. But also make sure you respect his religious decisions because I'm sure it's important to him.