Wife material or hookup material?

I just read an article about what makes a girl wife material and what makes her a hookup. Some guys said if a girl doesn't have a lot of passions in her life or give back to society she's not wife material. Honestly I love what I do (helping to take care of the elderly) but other than my job I come home, workout, and watch tv. I'll hangout with family and friends when I can but I guess I was curious if that's all a girl does in life, will a guy not see her as wife material?

417

Most Helpful Guy

• sure a girl having ambitions and doing things for the world is great, but all i really care about is how she treats or cares about me. If she doesn't want to do things for society then that's cool idc just as long as she is dedicated to me, and of course it goes both ways, the guy also should be dedicated to her. I don't really look up for hook up girls anymore tho either, but to me a hookup is just some drunk bitch from the bar or party that seems easy. This can even lead to weeks or months of just booty calls. This is why I would never date a girl i met at a bar or party. So I wouldn't say its about how passionate you are about certain things (even tho it helps) but more how you present yourself, and do you seem at least responsible for yourself. I like to see a strong, responsible, disciplined girl, and i don't mean strict, i just mean that if you do go do fun stuff or party does she have any self control. It's the ones that dont that are easy to become hookups and end up in some wierdos bed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wife material you have emotional connection and you know they'd take care of you

Hookup you find them hot

What Guys Said 16

• helping taking care of the elderly certainly shows that you have ambition and you are contributing to society!
    you're passionate about your job and some day you will be passionate about your husband (and possibly kids).

Don't worry you will definitely be wife material!

• It's just not that simple. Relationships are complex and there are just so many aspects to it. Like, I can think of women where we got along fabulously but for some reason when it came to viewing them sexually, she just didn't do it for me. Or women that were unbelievably annoying but for some reason, I was always ready and willing when it came to them. It's not just one thing or even a few things. I will say that personality is a million times more important thank looks, but these are all things that vary from person to person. To say that it's all about whether or not a girl has "passions" is greatly oversimplifying things.

• I'm not sure what article you read, but it wasn't written by a guy. That's for sure.

The first (and possibly only) thing that defines whether a girl is wife material or not is her sexual past. 90% of the guys won't marry a girl who's been sleeping around. Hookup material is any girl who had too many one-night-stands. Or was in friend with benefit relationships.

• Whether you're wife material or not, has more to do with your personality and how you treat him and others, than on your schedule.

• A girl is wife material if she is not vindictive and won't rob a man's life if they get divorced.

• Wife material to me depends more on individuals morals, values and ideals then anything else.

• All this wife material and hookup material is a load of bullshit. its the same shit lmao. they would fuck anything that moves.

• to me : if the girl is very mature, modest, loyal, honest, then she's wife material to me

• Wife material

• you're completely marriage material honey

• Your good in my books.

• When a guy pretend to be broke and the girl is still by his side, then that is a wife material.

• working out, and watching tv. aren't hobbies though

• If you enjoy helping people for a living, that's wife-material enough.

• You are cute. I would hookup with you.

• For me, the difference is a girl that is wife material has more to offer in a relationship than sex and emotions. It's pretty simple, doesn't have to be specifics.

What Girls Said 3

• No... don't listen to everything you read. Sometimes studies like that don't take in too many people for opinions. So it's inaccurate.

• some men may notice and appreciate the giving back to society part but i don't think it's the key factor that makes them want to wife her

• If a guy really likes you, then he will wife you. If not, then you're a hook up material. After all guys can have sex even with girls they're not in love with.