My boyfriend wanted me to get a manicure and a pedicure. Was it reasonable to ask him to pay for it?

I'm pretty broke and he knows that. He has a couple of hundred dollars on him. However, he really wanted me to get this done. After a few arguments over it, I agreed to pay for it. He ultimately ended up paying for it and then asked me to give him $15 back while we were in the car which kind of made me feel not valued. Did I have a right to feel this way?

Was I wrong in asking him to pay for it? We got into a pretty heated argument over it too during dinner.
How should I make him forget about all of this?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• no you're right. if he wanted you too he should of paid for it and treated you like a right guy would of.

• Did the fact that he asked me for $15 back mean that he doesn't love me?

• by the way, we're not an official couple. And he was pretty broke too. Not as broke as I was, but he had to borrow money from a friend.

• maybe he's a little cheap which is okay, but what he did was wrong if he wanted you to have your nails done. he should of paid. but hmm okay interesting, maybe he was just havibg a bad day?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not sure. I wouldn't have asked my boyfriend to pay for a service that was being done to me, however he was the one who insisted. I am sort of torn because I wouldn't have gotten one in the first place if I were you

What Guys Said 3

• It seems logical that he would pay for it if it wasn't something you normally indulged in.

• Ok for starters why did he want you to have it done so bad? He should pay for it since he wanted it so bad

• We were going to a special event together.

• He did pay for it in the end, but then asked me to give him $15 back when we got back to the car. Does this mean anything?

• I don't know, if it were me I would have just paid for it in the first place. It's kinda dirt bagish in my book to do that. But I've never heard of a problem like this.

• you should always keep your nails looking good, healthy and no fake shit nails.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd pay him back and let him know that that was the last time I was getting either of those done so not to ask me abotu it again.