Is it bad if your boyfriend shows vulnerability?

eg by taking down mental walls, crying once in a while (like once in 6+ months), being submissive, putting their head in your lap etc.

• Good
  • Bad
  • Other (comment please)
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

261

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely love when a guy can show his emotions! It doesn't make him weak, it makes him real. I'm just not sure about the submissive part though. In what way do you mean? I like my man to hear what I want and be open to it. I think it's awesome when a guy will help his girl out with the work, but it shouldn't be one sided unless she's sick or something. Don't just take orders from her, but neither should she, I don't think. As long as you don't have some big issue with what she wants, give her way a try... And she can give yours a try too, or find a happy middle. In a relationship, it should always be both working together to make it the best for both.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls say they want a guy to be vulnerable but it's the exact same as guys who say they like the "natural" no make up look on girls.

They have this idea in their head of what they think it is and it's beautiful and romantic in their fantasy but then whey they actually see it they are super turned off.

So don't be vulnerable. I can't count the amount of guys who lost their GF's soon after being vulnerable with them.

What Girls Said 25

• hun that's not vulnerability, you're essentially asking if it's okay to act human. No shit. We all have our days. We all need a shoulder to cry on, we all need time to let our emotions out, we all have walls that eventually crumble down. If your (future?) girlfriend isn't okay with that, then she obviously wants a robot, not a boyfriend.

• Isn't that normal? I can't imagine someone who won't cry in front of their partner at least once in a while... it makes us human

• That's not bad! I want him to show his feelings. Though I like men more dominant sexually

I couldn't handle someone who's emotional all the time, but I couldn't handle a girl like that either so that's not due to gender.

• If this makes him feel good then I am there for him whatever. I am supposed to be the one he can show this side to. And let's admit, men do have that side and if I can provide a healthy outlet then YEAH

• It's bad if he never shows any vulnerability.

• How is that bad? It shows that he's human. I'd rather have a boyfriend who is open to sharing his emotions with me rather than someone who is closed of.

• Most women would prefer a man who is open about his emotions. If we didn't, we'd date robots haha

• nothing bad about it

• i wouldn't want an emotionless wall. I would want him to show emotion. sure, I wouldn't want him to be crying all the time or submissive all the time to me. you need a good balance. he needs to show emotion to me.

• i'd love it if he puts his head on my lap. as for the rest, well human isn't it.

• I wouldn't say bad but I would just see him as a little brother to protect than as a partner

• Not at all, I have a thing for guys who are vulnerable to me.

• No its good shows he's human and not a robot

• My husband never cries (not that I want him to), but he does lay his head on my lap, and he loves to cuddle, he sometimes shares with his feelings with me. He's honest about how he feels. But he's also pretty manly. He's found a good mix.

• how often does he talk about feelings?

• A few times a week, but usually not without me starting. He's a toughy. lol

• It's good.

• no of course not

• I don't want a super sensitive guy but crying every once in a while is fine and normal.

• I love it, makes me fee closer than ever.

• Your only human.

• I like that my boyfriend can be submissive

• I would think that would make him more attractive to me personally to let that guard down to cry

• I love it when guys show feelings. It shows that you trust the person you're with.

• It's totally fine, if it doesn't happen too occasionally, and that he doesn't take me down with him. Other than that, it is perfectly fine! And even strengthening to both me and him :)

• He might be mentally unstable (watch out!)

• yes because crying makes you mentally unstable. lmao who tf even are you? because you're not the brightest star in the sky

• it is good

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!