Guy chose her over me and still wants to be friends?

Why? He lead me on

224

What Guys Said 24

• He either wants to "keep you around" as a "back up", or, he genuinely likes you as a person and still wants to be friends.

• Well, if you want my personal opinion based on the information provided, i would say the fo├Âlowing:

1. You have been dumped, so that basically means that he sees you as a person that he will not take to be his girlfroend, because at the moment he feels for some reason that the other girl is somehow better than you.

2. It is common to say that kind of a thing to you, in a situation similiar to all of these kind of things

I have noticed at least two things that i believe would be accepted as being true, if this kind of situation would be processed by statistical methods.

A) He wants to keep you as a backup. So, if things will not pan out as he has planned with the girl that he really wants over you. He will try to make sure that he will have q fallback girl to comfort him and fulfill his needs. Usually, if this is the case, after recovering from the real crush with the other girl (not you), he will again start to search a girl that he sees as a better choise than you to him. So, if this is the case, there will not be a happy ending for you, I am sorry to say this to you, but i have witnessed this so many times that i feel an obligation to share my experiences with you.

B) He is still too immaturate to be trutful and tell you the truth to your face. So, in this wituation, he says that he wants to be friends with you, but in reality you will not hear from him ever again, if he does, it is not because he loves you or has a crush for you. It really is about something that he wants from you or he will want to use you in some way to benefit his own life and he will make you to do the things that he wants. You always have the right to believe him and even if you trust him, i am afraid, that you will not get anything for your efforts, even just to say thank from them to you would surprise me...

• I am not sure, sorry though. Cheers, try and move on

• Move on. There is a high chance he wants to keep you around as a back up, or to boost his ego.

• He just wants so stay friends.. it's odd to see a girl get friend zoned though but shit happens.

Worst case is he wants you as a "last resort" but that's only if you're assuming the worst of someone

• Did he actually lead you on or did you just delude yourself into thinking he was all but fucking you? It seems pretty common nowadays.

• Be his friend

• DUH cause he needs a back up..

• Abort, run away, it's not worth

• It's a trap.

• He likes you as a person but never to be together

• Stay away from him

• He likes you as a friend

• He wants his cake and to eat it too

• Back up booty for when the missus is away

• Dont talk to him he's a jerk you deserve the best and he's not the best

• He wants a back up in case it doesn't work out.
    Go find someone who only wants you.

• He feels bad for fucking you over

• He might honnestly want to keep you in his life.

• because he is a dickhead dont bother both sweetheart

• He still wants to fuck.. sad but true

• That's what you call a "player".

• No obligation to be his friend... fuck him!

• right though?

sounds like he's tryina be a player

What Girls Said 2

• You are an option just in case his relationship didn't work.

• he keeps you in case