My boyfriend feels weird calling me babe, yet he'll call his friends babe. What does this mean?

The other day I called him out on calling his friends babe more than me, and that's when he said that calling me it feels weird. Him and his friends (that he met on Xbox) are as straight as a ruler, and the one he calls babe the most has a girlfriend who I occasionally talk to. I don't think he means it in a romantic way to them, but why does it feel weird for him to say it to me?

57

Most Helpful Guy

• "Babe" is his comical term of endearment for his buddy. You are his girlfriend and serious, not a joke. So he doesn't want to call you the same thing. Just ask him to call you "hun". Problem solved.

Most Helpful Girl

• Since he's known his friends for a long time maybe, he has gotten real comfortable with them and is comfortable enough to call them babe. However, since you are his girlfriend, its probably different. he's not comfortable enough to call you babe as he is with his friends. Guess it just takes time