He's 40... I'm 19?

I'm so painfully infatuated it almost hurts

Older guys, private message me your opinions and thoughts thanks 😔

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I generally say age doesn't matter but sadly sometimes it does. He is in a different phase in his life than you. Either he wants someone to sleep with or he will seek a permanent relationship. You would not be a good solution for the second part because of the different stages you are at. Even if you are together for a long time at some point you will want a baby and he is too old for it. Also in our age things are not very stable, we study, find new friends, move around and go from one work to another. He is already settled for the most part.

I understand how you feel and it's difficult to listen to what people say about this now. You can do what you want but I just think you will be hurt in one way or another. It's going to hurt less now than if you get deep into it then it will hurt like hell.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Nice bait

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to private message you on this as clearly there is a huge age difference here and make sure you can handle a man who is 21 years older than you are in every single way. What's the matter he can not find a woman of his own age? Best of luck to you with this...

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a big age gap yes. You said it's infatuation, so it will eventually go away.

0|1
    0|0
    • It's been 4 weeks...

• Okay, infatuation can also last for a few months as well. However the good thing is it will go away.

• You know like how guys are creepy for making moves on girls... well this is the equivalent
    I think you have issues you need to deal with - and I say that in the nicest way possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Run away. Sorry. He is probably married and even if he is not... it still seams me like a bad relationship. Sorry again :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you want it? Do you like it? Go for it and let people who oppose it talk alone. It's your life, nobody has nothing to do with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he doesn't have kids yet, he will probably want some in the near future. Are you ready for that? And to either work or go to college locally to have a family life?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, thats a big age gap. You may think its ok now but when he's 60 and you're 40 you'll think differently.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gross is my opinion, but if you wanna do it go do it..

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes