Would you date someone with a criminal record?

Say before or during a date with someone that you fancy, they disclose to you that they have a criminal record. Is this an immediate deal-breaker?
  • Yes, I'd give them a chance.
  • No, I wouldn't associate with someone who's had legal trouble.
  • It depends (e. g., on the offense (s), whether they've been pardoned, etc.)
    Vote C

1727

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the offence. all make mistakes and you need to give them the chance to be better in the present/future. no one has the right to judge and condemn for we are all mess ups in some way, or many

Unless it is a woman who is thinking of dating a NONCE/Rapist. Those people deserve no respect, even after contrition

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I would ask them to explain what happened. I'd appreciate their honesty but I'm a strong believer in the fact that we're all creatures of habit. If they had a history of violent crimes or were compulsive thieves or addicts, I doubt I'd be willing to continue things. I know all too well that there are cruddy people who will happily lie under oath as well, though (some convicts are victims). I'd listen with an open mind and make the best judgement I can.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE