Is it a deal breaker if a girl has daddy issues?

137

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, I don't have a huge number of women to reference in this case, but the one that comes most to mind is this girl Madison, a girl who worked for me as a part-time nanny. When she was 11, her father renounced his rights to her and her brother in exchange for immediate forgiveness of all of his back child support. She was in the court room when it happened and talked about how she was completely shocked when he made that choice. To this day, she hasn't spoken to him but she admits that she'll look at his Facebook page from time to time and wishes that she could message him to ask him if she could come over.

I'll say this -- Madison is an incredible girl. She not only does part-time nanny work, but works full-time as a CNA where she cares for the elderly at an assisted living facility and even has time to do spot work for a modeling agency. She's responsible, funny, caring (my girls love her), and I just see nothing wrong with this girl at all. Does she have daddy issues? No doubt -- we talk about it all the time. In fact, she has said that when she sees me with my girls, she gets a bit jealous but at the same time, she wrote this wonderful declaration in support of me during my divorce.

I mean, this is just one example and maybe Madison is an aberration, but I almost think that having a crap father made her stronger.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow that is really great to read... thank you for sharing sir

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a guy but I don't think it would, no. If you're working through some psychological problems your partner should be respectful of that and if they can, help you work through them.

Some guys might be uncomfortable with you calling them "daddy" and all of that, and if they are, then you shouldn't do it. But having some issues is no problem, everyone has some kind of issue.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you thank you for the opinion!
      No I won't call that way just like that.