What do you guys think is a good first date?

A restaurant would make me nervous I think a public subtle place like a park with picnic food would be a good first date for me.

730

Most Helpful Guy

• I always like Dave and Busters and other places like that. Even if you're not into each other, at least you had a good time.

Movies don't allow communication, so I'm not really getting the chance to get to know you better. Dinner places too much pressure on the conversation, because that's all there is to do and it becomes forced and uncomfortable.

Having "Games" around lets conversations develop naturally, and there's other stuff to do so that you're not sitting there focusing on awkward silences.

Most Helpful Girl

• - home cooked meal
    - drinks at bar
    - walk at park/beach
    - sports, like swimming, cycling, rock climbing or whatever floats your boat
    - picnic is great too, but can feel a bit intimate

Having a fun activity to do whenever it gets awkward is great to break the ice. Try to make the date include an activity (strolling, eating) instead of just about a place.

I like to take my dates (and friends in general) to a certain park with a playground, a lot of water and a zip line swing across the water. It's a beautiful park, but the playground makes it fun to be there if we end up with nothing to talk about.