My boyfriend is calling other girls ‘love’ or ‘darling,’ is this okay?

I’m not sure if this should bother me but my boyfriend calls a lot of girls ‘love’ or ‘darling’ whether it’s female friends or randoms. We aren’t from England where I know it’s very common so I’m just wondering if it’s okay. It does bother me a bit and I’ve asked him to stop and he keeps doing it - I don’t think intentionally.

815

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe it's something he does?, I forgot where I went to, but I was at this state working and the men out there ( the ones I had to talk to, for business or just shopping ) will say " sweetie, honey, darling, or love".
    So if your boyfriend does it a lot, he probably can't help it. The manager I had to she called me honey and her husband will say darling to me.

• Sounds like he can't remember people's name, and who doesn't like a friendly flirty guy, that makes you feel special. Especially if he does it properly. I wouldn't let it bother you until he stops taking an interest in you, you know the signs he's met someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like a habit rather than intentional flirting. I don't see anything sinister in it. Perhaps, as another user has suggested, if you start calling other guys babe then maybe he'll get the hint.

• Yeah I’m sure it’s not flirting, he’s definitely not like that - I’ve tried explaining to him that he wouldn’t like it but he claims he wouldn’t care

• You might just learn to live with it. I mean, the main concern is that he is faithful. If he is then there's not much else to worry about. Perhaps if you suggested that calling everyone babe or darling is a little camp it might change his attitude, lol.