Do you like sappy girls (or guys)?

I met this guy online and we’ve been talking for half a year now. He’s more reserved but on certain occasions he’ll say sappy things that take me by surprise. I’m not sappy because I’m just not by nature and him being more serious I don’t really initiate sappy stuff lol. He tells me to say “i love you” and call him pet names but that’s occasionally. At first I felt like he wouldn’t like that but then I realized that he himself says some pretty “fruity” things that make me go like “wow who is this?” lol Should I just be more sappy? I mean I’ve started. I started saying I miss you and that certain things remind me of him. Do guys like these types of things?
This isn’t me asking if I should be fake lol. My question isn’t if my guy would like it. I say what I want to say to him regardless. My question is whether or not guys (or girls, but mainly guys) are into the whole mushy “I miss yous” and sappy talk. Most girls seem to think guys don’t want romance, just the sexual part. So the question revolves on whether or not you guys actually like the romancing with words part of a relationship.

1537

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m into more of a laid back relationship... tbh romance is cute but only on an occasion. Honestly I wanna go roller skating and race or go paintballing or watch movies... I don’t want a candlelight dinner. But, that’s just me. We all have different wants and desires.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yah we like that kind of shit but if you're looking for things to say about the person then honey you're not in love with that person, it comes first nature when talking sappy or it's not real.

• I never asked what to say. I asked if guys like mushy things