Do you like sappy girls (or guys)?

I met this guy online and we’ve been talking for half a year now. He’s more reserved but on certain occasions he’ll say sappy things that take me by surprise. I’m not sappy because I’m just not by nature and him being more serious I don’t really initiate sappy stuff lol. He tells me to say “i love you” and call him pet names but that’s occasionally. At first I felt like he wouldn’t like that but then I realized that he himself says some pretty “fruity” things that make me go like “wow who is this?” lol Should I just be more sappy? I mean I’ve started. I started saying I miss you and that certain things remind me of him. Do guys like these types of things?
Updates:
This isn’t me asking if I should be fake lol. My question isn’t if my guy would like it. I say what I want to say to him regardless. My question is whether or not guys (or girls, but mainly guys) are into the whole mushy “I miss yous” and sappy talk. Most girls seem to think guys don’t want romance, just the sexual part. So the question revolves on whether or not you guys actually like the romancing with words part of a relationship.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m into more of a laid back relationship... tbh romance is cute but only on an occasion. Honestly I wanna go roller skating and race or go paintballing or watch movies... I don’t want a candlelight dinner. But, that’s just me. We all have different wants and desires.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yah we like that kind of shit but if you're looking for things to say about the person then honey you're not in love with that person, it comes first nature when talking sappy or it's not real.

1|1
    0|0
    • I never asked what to say. I asked if guys like mushy things

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes guys can like that sort of stuff. I think when the guy is more serious then they will be more into romantic sappy things. But I think everyone likes to hear that they are missed and that someone has been thinking about them when not together. It’s nice to hear. You should say those things as long as you mean them. And he will enjoy them.

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend surprises me too. He’s not great at expressing how he feels so I think he doesn’t miss me through the week or doesn’t want me to sit/cuddle with him. But then out of the blue he’ll cuddle me and say I missed you. It makes it so much more special when it surprises me

1|0
    0|0
  • The ssppiness is a way of showing his affection towards you, and it seems he just wants to know you appreciate it and you feel the same towards him. Sometimes you have to compromise and come out of your comfort zone, but don't do sacrifice who you really are.

1|0
    0|0
  • He wants reassurance to know if you love his company and if he makes you happy, sometimes when we sappy guys see that our partner isn't showing much love and/or affection, it doesn't hit our pride but it makes us worried that we're missing something that contributes to your comfort or well-being, so it makes us kind of anxious and we try to make sure that you're happy in the relationship by asking directly

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's genuine, you can usually tell when it's being forced

1|1
    0|0
    • So you appreciate it as long as it’s genuine? I think that’s why I don’t do it often. The first thing I said to him that was sappy was obviously that I liked him lol. After that we started talking a little less and I wanted to tell him not to disappear for long cause I’d miss him but I just said it differently so it wouldn’t be awkward... I think I told him something like that I have grown fond of him and that I’d notice his absence. He seems to just take it as if I was asking him about the weather, he never really reacts to it lol

• Don’t compromise yourself for someone else. Read about love languages, his is probably words of affirmation and shows it by saying lovey dovey things to you while yours may be something else. He needs to know that just because you don’t say certain things back you don’t love him, you just show it differently

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer when they're not overly sappy. If they say that kind of things to me once in a while I really like it. But if they're constantly repeating those kind of "words", I loose a little bit of interest in them. (P. s. not talking about in a serious relationship)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care it's the real them I care about, even if they don't show it so instantly. Like my current girl was being caring and poetic, but ever since I gave in she's been acting a little abrasive sometimes. Before then she was acting mushy believing in love between us every since we met a month ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop beating yourself up, just say what you mean in no uncertain terms, trying to extract an answer to a roundabout question from a bloke can be like dishing for a noodle in a bowl of spaghetti, save yourself and him the unnecessary frustration and just be straight up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sappy moments are sweet but not too many, as in every hour or every day, than I will need a bucket.

1|2
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. I'm a pretty emotional sappy dude, so anytime I would hear something loving, it would make me feel great. Some guys are scared of commitment though, so if they see you being attached to them, they may be frightened

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m an emotionally withheld person so yeah, I kind of really hate sappy/over-affectionate guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you aren't comfortable with it, tell him that. Unless both parties are happy when they're together, it's a broken relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy, but if he's literally asking you for it then yeah he probably wants you to be sappy. But it's more important that you be yourself than that you make him happy by being unlike yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's too much I think it's fake so I think I don't like it. Bottom line for me if I want it to be real.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends

I am sappy, it's probably the gay in me, but I'm almost certain guys can be equally sappy

1|0
    1|0
  • hell yeah, that shows they really care for u and I just luv stuff like that

1|0
    0|0
  • I like that stuff but it is more how you feel about it. If it is not you then don't do it often but occasionally to make him happy

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's sappy to be affectionate with your boyfriend. Just don't make it too sickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • have y'all met or na; you can't love someone you never met

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. But we’re long distance

• Show All
    • I not necessarily think that love is the only emotion to show. I’ve told him I like him a lot. And he has said that he enjoys talking to me. We’re both casual but we’re still exclusive without even trying lol. We express emotions just not like mushy 24/7. We just randomly say nice things and go on. Not make a big deal

• *last comment* I think it's ok; love makes you do stupid things. I find my self doing the same thing though most the time I'm serious.

• Yeah but sadly I think I'm to weird for someone to want be with

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. A little affection goes a long way.

1|1
    0|0
  • I hate shit like that role play and furry shit turn me off

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we as men love to be reassured that their woman misses and loves them

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a woman in middle can be sappy some time serious I like a lover with a sense of humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • S I like sappy girls we need to see her good Hart we neet to car and respect

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't get to involve unless i you can see him in person

0|0
    0|0
  • he's really sappy

1|0
    0|0
    • never really went into details on what he’s said soooo you’ll never know how sappy he really is

• Show All
    • What? I said you’d never know how sappy he is because I’m not gonna tell you. I’m not leaving him lol

• sorry
      so
      leave me lol 😂

• Yes, I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's a cute trait and makes me laugh or smile

0|1
    0|0
    • Be sappy, until he says it's enough. It sounds like he is enjoying. You might start enjoying it in a small way too

• Ew, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Genuine is good, but don't fake it.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's genuine absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • hummm i think so see where it goes

1|0
    0|0