While in a relationship is it ok to give the opposite sex compliments?

5075

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what really. I think it is innaproprite to for example tell another guy or girl how hot or attractive they are. This seems out of place and a strange thing to even want to say someone else (why notice enough to care about telling them). But if it is like on their academics or work related or in general then I dont see the issue.

• So even if it's someone you are in a completely platonic relationship with you're not allowed to compliment them about looks. What about a relative? lol

I see where you're coming from but your opinion is a bit extreme. Can a heterosexual woman give other heterosexual women compliments on their looks in a relationship? According to your opinion they should not.

Not to mention physical attractiveness isn't the only thing that matters obviously so there could be complements that aren't about looks that could be inappropriate.

• You've never been a completely platonic relationship with a person of the opposite sex who is heterosexual? Not even someone you don't want to date?

• Outside of work? No not really. When I was in school yeah but as I have gotten older it becomes harder to find men to just be "platonic" friends with and now that I am in a relationship I really dont desire or feel the need to invest in platonic friendships with guys either. Like there is no need for me or desire. I have my boyfriend, female friends, gay male best friend and family and co-workers to keep me social and happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look the only difference in the spirit of your question is INTENT. What is your intent when giving the compliment? If it's just a compliment then fine but if you have an intent on the compliment going somewhere else well then the answer would be A BIG FAT FUCKING NO. Don't be a creep. Hope this helps.