Why do guys always ignore me after showing interest?

I swear guys hate me or something because every guy that has ever showed interest or even told me they liked me has ignored me all of a sudden and stopped talking to me. Like there was this one guy I was talking to for a long time met him online we finally met in person and it went well he told me he had fun and that he liked me a lot and doesn’t wanna lose me. We talked everyday all day and stuff. One day he told me he got his new job that’s full time I don't know if it has anything to do with it but after that he stopped talking to me completely like he won’t tect me and stuff at all. I tried texting him first and he replies back like once or twice and stopped. I don’t get it what did I do wrong? This happens to me all the time too with every guy I meet that shows interest. When I usually meeet them they all text me first after and say they had fun and blah blah. (We didn’t hookup or anything) but then yet this happens. I don't know what I’m doing wrong but prob explains why I've never had a boyfriend before. I’m thinking of giving up now Why do guys always ignore me after showing interest?

This is a pic of me. Personality wise I’m friendly, nice, chill, easy going, people say I’m fun to chill with, alwsys up for laughs and a good fun time. Like watching sports, playing games and what not. I’m not clingy or anything like that. I’m also ambitious and have really big career goals.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, but really look within yourself and see what you do differently.

I can relate though. What I've noticed is that I can show a lack of confidence sometimes and that is what holds me back and can get paranoid too lol. Things i'm working on but there must be something you do differently to initially attract them then change once together.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most men get upset when they have to stop working to deal with their phone. Try texting or calling them after work. Remember after work you can be tired so times, go to sleep, and not wake up tell you go back to work so don't push to hard for an answer everyday they might be sleeping.

1|0
    0|0
    • I did once with this guy and he replied back but then stopped repluing 3 texts later and I don’t wanna text him first again because he’s clearly not interested in talking to me anymore and I don’t wanna annoy him/be clingy

• Try on your next chance to only text information. Men feel like they already went through there day and don't wanna relieve it. We have feelings like a craving for chicken wings. If you text him a schedule when you're off after your first date and nothing more you won't seem needy. You can text him back if he talks to you but seeming busy seems professional.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You look great and those losers don't know what they are missing. It might be they lack social skills to really talk to a beautiful woman. I know some of my freinds do.
    Don't give up someone will make it worth the searching. Maybe they lose interest when the chase is over. Though it is dumb some guys just want that. They might also just want in your pants and when they get they are not getting it they give up and move on.
    Very sad but some guys just want sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • You have made a point by yourself... You're being friendly with guys.. Maybe guys expecting other stuff from you.. Looks wise you are good looking.. Don't give lot of space for guys.. Appear yourself as a tough girl.. It's good that you're being positive and ambitious.. Just work on your strengths

1|0
    0|0
    • So I shouldn’t be friendly/nice and be rude?

• I don't mean you should be rude.. be friendly but give tough time for guys.. Reply to their texts lately.. Make them to ask you why are you replying so late.. Be friendly and don't give yourself up very easily..

• Think and reflect.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think you're doing anything wrong just do yourself a favor don't sleep with anybody until you're sure okay. And just get back out there start dating simulator you'll find the right one

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean it’s not even about finding the right one haha it’s just that I feel like maybe there’s something wrong with me if that makes sense but I’m so done with dating now I know why everyone does the casual thing lol

• Trust me there's nothing wrong with you. And you shouldn't stop dating get out there k but I have fun with it that's the most important thing live your life hey young too young to be home alone. Where you from I'm gonna adopt you as my little sister

• Most guy that you meet online are just looking for a hookup. So when you meet them and don't hook up with them they kind of give up.
    Maybe you act completely different in person then you do when texting.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're cute so it's to bad you're having no luck.

• I mean I’m shy when I first meet someone. Honeslty I’m thinking fuck that (dating) and maybe just do the hooking up thing like everyone does because that way no feelings/no getting hurt and because no guy would ever wanna date me anyways

• Dont rush love. It will find you eventually, you are young, plenty of time.

I've found that its hard to find the right person when you are searching for them but by some strange fate, the right person finds you when you least expect it it

How many times has this happened to you?

You are pretty and seem to be fairly desireable, just relax, enjoy life and wait for the right person to find you

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what these guys problems are, but if you're being honest and accurate they are being fools. You're beautiful, intelligent and obviously on track to be an amazing woman. Don't give up, you'll find a lucky man that deserves you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it is not the right guy yet but one day u will find the one u heart desires

1|0
    0|0
  • I love all people I don't like being lied to good poll though

1|0
    0|0
  • I would love someone to show interest lol. They're probably jerks so they did you a favor.

1|0
    0|0
  • How can he do like that to a beautiful girl like you

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi, don't worry about that. U just trying get them comfortable with u

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you don't show interest back?
    Or you can't keep their attention.

0|0
    0|0
    • I do show interest back I think? I don't know how to flirt or anything like that tho. Why can’t I keep their attention

• Show All
    • I’m too shy tho haha

• I can tell by the picture of yourself.

• Maybe you can't hold a conversation. Or maybe you're a catfish. You'll know better

0|0
    0|0
    • I hold a convo if anything it’s the guys that don’t. Wait what how can I be a catfish I’m real asf

• Show All
    • Send me a text. I'll show you what you do wrong

• Trust I’m a pretty decent texter

• you are unlucky

1|0
    0|0
    • Ur right I’m unlcuky in everything literally 😂😂😂

• I can't tell cuz I don't even get to that dating point anymore like I'm not doing anything wrong I can only laugh about my situation and I bet you do that too.

• I never ignore u i like u i want to talk

1|0
    0|0
  • Wait
    I've seen this before lol

0|0
    1|0
  • You have nice hair.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you are not what they expected

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know I never change tho

• Message me we will try to find out together 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • When I ignored you😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people have a type, do you have one?
    Maybe if it's shy, down to earth guys, they'll want you to be forward and leading. If it's out-going guys, they might prefer a girl that's more shy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nope I don’t have a type

• They just wanted to flirt for fun.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes