The lack of male attention I receive makes me feel less of a woman. Is that weird?

I don’t understand why guys think they always make the first move. In my experience, I always had to be the one to talk to them first. And now that I’m older, I’m just the friend. I’m not the one that goes on dates or a potential life partner. The lack of attention from males is making me feel less like a woman. I don’t really know how to describe it, but it’s like when my students call me Ms. so and so, I cringe because I’d rather just go by my first name. The female label of ‘Ms.’ has now become uncomfortable because I don’t feel like I’ve done enough in my life to be a real woman other than being born with female reproductive parts. Or dresses that I once thought were beautiful just don’t seem like they were made for me, that I don’t belong in them. But I’m not gay or neutral. I want a guy. And I want kids. I’m just not understanding what about me is so unattractive to the opposite sex. It used to be that I felt just not pretty but now I feel less feminine, too.

1877

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you think that it's possible that you're putting out a bad vibe? I think that's the problem with me, since i believe that i'm giving off an unfriendly vibe. Other than that, all you can really do is focus on improving yourself and focusing on things that are in your control. The truth is that guys are visual and go for looks at first. Of course we care about a girl's personality, but the first thing we notice is her appearance. I don't know how you are, but you're either giving a bad vibe or you could work on improving your appearance. I know the last part may seem shallow but it's the truth, guys want a girl who they find visually attractive. Like i said though, i don't know how you look or what kind of vibe you're giving off.

Most Helpful Girl

• No that's perfectly normal. I used to feel like that really strongly. Society has oriented us that women are to be "desired" despite modern movements that anyone is allowed to desire anyone. Most people still define feminine attractiveness and attractabilty in your perceived and real ability to be desired or to "get" someone of the opposite gender. It is completely valid.