Is Tinder a good idea?

I really want to be in a relationship, by that i mean I've been really lonely and i really would just like to have someone whos there for me and someone who can make me smile and someone I can call my best friend and make out with whenever i feel like 😂( so that last point was obviously my teenage hormones speaking)
Anyway I'm a bit of an introvert amd its really hard for me to start new convosatsions and meet new people which is probably why i haven't had a boyfriend yet.
I've been cinsiderimg starting tinder in order to meet new people but im affraid all the guys on tinder are just there to try hook up woth multiple girls and aren't actually looking for something serious. So what are your thoughts?

848

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating pretty much does not work from me and my female friend experience. It is a shallow way to meet people. Especially for girls. Most are just on there for attention and to see how many men actually like them. After they go through a ton of pointless messages they feel validated and dont respond. Now the guys go through every girl they find hot and send her a message hoping she. Picks them which rarely happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys on dating apps are just looking to get lucky. Some are hostile. Some are mentally unstable. Tinder is literally like a box of chocolates, because you never know what nuts you’re going to encounter and which ones may pose a risk to your health.
    I wouldn’t recommend it for you. If anything, join some clubs at school, go to school sports games, just get more active on campus and it will be more likely that you will meet someone at school.