Is Tinder a good idea?

I really want to be in a relationship, by that i mean I've been really lonely and i really would just like to have someone whos there for me and someone who can make me smile and someone I can call my best friend and make out with whenever i feel like 😂( so that last point was obviously my teenage hormones speaking)
Anyway I'm a bit of an introvert amd its really hard for me to start new convosatsions and meet new people which is probably why i haven't had a boyfriend yet.
I've been cinsiderimg starting tinder in order to meet new people but im affraid all the guys on tinder are just there to try hook up woth multiple girls and aren't actually looking for something serious. So what are your thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating pretty much does not work from me and my female friend experience. It is a shallow way to meet people. Especially for girls. Most are just on there for attention and to see how many men actually like them. After they go through a ton of pointless messages they feel validated and dont respond. Now the guys go through every girl they find hot and send her a message hoping she. Picks them which rarely happens.

0|6
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys on dating apps are just looking to get lucky. Some are hostile. Some are mentally unstable. Tinder is literally like a box of chocolates, because you never know what nuts you’re going to encounter and which ones may pose a risk to your health.
    I wouldn’t recommend it for you. If anything, join some clubs at school, go to school sports games, just get more active on campus and it will be more likely that you will meet someone at school.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 47

• Use Bumble or Match and if you don't like someone just block them and move on.. Skip Tinder!

0|1
    0|0
  • Just play video games, it’ll make all your problems disappear, also, then I’d have someone to play video games with. Just messing around, as a lonely person, I was considering this too, but as a guy, I do recognize tinder as the hookup app it is.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm keen! I have a play station 4 and my brother is always playing on it and it does look fun. I use to play a lot of COD and I love Minecraft and Guitar hero, but haven't played in a while and I've never played online before so you might need to help me out alittle 😅

• I too play PS4, but only Call of Duty out of your list.

• Were you serious about me helping you out, cause I will.

• Ehhh... be careful. Tinder isn't a good idea in my opinion. I might be paranoid but personally I wouldn't want you meeting somebody else online in person if you've only known each other for a couple of days.

Secondly the loneliness? It will get better, I promise you. You don't have to have the hottest guy (or girl. Whatever you're into, I don't judge) around to be happy.

Lastly the introverted side of you can be helped. I used to be an introvert to the point where it disturbed my mother, but now she complains about my friends trashing my house.

I helped my grandfather teach some classes for primitive skills, and I was forced to talk to people I didn't know. Honestly, it was a living hell for me lol, but after I got comfortable with it, things got easier.

Next time you're at the gas station or something, ask the clerk how their day is going. Volunteer for something at a local pet shelter, whatever really.

Talking to people is easy. A lot of them want to talk about themselves, so ask them questions about themselves and you'll be surprised at how little taking you will be doing lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly, tinder is probably not the best, but works well enough for girls. For guys its not going to work unless you really are top of the bunch. But you can try it out as long as you're carefull enough. If you want to ask something about tinder or just want someone to try and keep a conversation with just shoot me a pm (and no don't worry, I won't try to romance you, its not what I'm here for)

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is DEFINITELY not the right place to go for a relationship lol. Especially if you're 17. That app is basically made for quick meet ups to have sex. I recommend meeting people irl, even though it might be hard. Either that, or as coachtanthony said, Bumble or Match is usually a bit better at this kind of stuff. Feel free to DM me though if you want more advice ^^

0|1
    0|0
  • For a woman that's just trolling for cock, or a man that's either Thuggy McThugtrash or a professional rugby playing neurosurgeon male model, sure, Tinder is fine.

For anyone else, it's a waste of time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty much what sociopathvictim said. To try and go out more. I've had no luck on tinder. One message and I get unmatched. You can try if you want, but it's hard to find anything that's not a hookup.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your reasoning for wanting a relationship is pretty kid like and immature. Sounds like you need a couple close trustworthy friends, really and not so much of a relationship. Try friend meeting sites/apps like "Meet me". Maybe you'll run into someone, be friends a bit and it progress but seeking never works.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is only for hooking up.
    Everyone knows it.
    Pof would be good for trying to find a relationship but also used a lot for hookup.
    There are many ways to meet people but you have to put yourself out there a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • For you as a woman, I would pick Bumble instead. NOTE: With Bumble, YOU have to make the first move, so that is up to you, but you won't get bombarded with attention so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • introvert.. well you'll need to start getting out a bit so look into a social club for girls your age. A girl i know.. ok it sounds a bit daft.. but she liked it, she joined a nerf gun club and met a guy there. Girls like charities and are usually around your age so you might find a guy there.
    Another way is just meeting up with your friends and you might find yourself talking to a guy in your meetups. teenagers hang around at malls.. you could sit next to a guy you like... i sat in a mall and a girl sat near me and eyed me up so i said hi and we became friends and she wanted to do all the things you said.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its good for pretty women. If you're pretty you'll hook up a lot. If you want a serious relationship, use a serious site like match. com. even if you're not that attractive, you'll still get more matches than any guy on tinder so yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do tinder. It's not for relationships. Hell, it barely works for getting a regular date lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Yer likely Gona get the same on any of these other dayeing sites as well. I know I haven't gotten a legitamat date yet from the dating apps but I keep trying

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay, you are 17... so presumably you are in school so there should be plenty of opportunity to meet new guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is only a good idea if you don't mind filtering through the 95% of guys who are on there only to get in your pants.

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all, no because you are under 18.

Second of all, no because Tinder is primarily for hookups.

Wait until you are 18, then try eharmony.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you are really lovely and need some one than you start by making friend first than to a relationship. This way you get to know the person before coming into relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of guys are that way. I'm not very sure on how to weed them out. But I'm on tinder an I want something real so I'm sure there are other guys like me out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a waste and there is no nothing wrong with bieng introvert coz in outside world there aren't lots of people whom u can trust and depend on. take your time everything will come around

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• Try OkCupid instead. It's free, has comprehensive profile, good matching system so long as you put effort into answering questions, and is a user-friendly website/app.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is a great way to get laid personally I didn't like it much it's addicting, I met up with one guy and then he stopped talking to me , I worked out he was full of shit and lies , so I wouldn't recommend it unless you just wanna get some

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it
    Just be careful with who you trust
    There are some very creepy guys on tinder

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether it's a good idea for you or not entirely depends on how you go about it and what your expectations are.

0|0
    1|0
  • First of all. Yes there are a lot of people there that just want to hook up. BUT my boyfriend and i met through tinder and we are now living together for almost two years. So yes there are some people that want the same thing as you do.

But you don't need to start a relationship because you want one. And you really don't have to search for one. It need to happen naturally, if you force it it will never work out. My boyfriend and i were friends and it developed in something more. If you find the right person everything will work out just fine.. but if you start 'searching' you will be disappointed in the end. And i don't want that for you to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'd be better off here on GaG

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for an relationship

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes