Do guys like girls who have a higher intelligence than them?

662

Most Helpful Guys

• I haven't met any, recently, but I would love to!! My mind is turning to mush, at the mundane job I do, and I have no intellectual stimulation, and I usually prefer that, from women, as they are more open, and adventurous with their intellectual challenges!

• Depends how they utilize it, I suppose. I used to be a member of Mensa but I was on the bottom end, just at the entry level in terms of IQ. So almost everyone there had a higher IQ than me.

I didn't really get along so well there with many members though, as I liked too many low brow things, interrupting a guy trying to talk to me about the plausibility of Singularity by talking about a girl's butt while getting pretty drunk. :-D

The one exception was a girl I met there who was a medical researcher, and I liked her since her intellect came bundled with a really cute sense of humor. She ended up going to night clubs, for example, to "research human sexual behavior" (her words). I liked her a whole lot and had such interesting conversations with her, but she didn't let her intellect get in the way of her humor. Most intellectuals I met tended to be a whole lot more serious and maybe a bit on the antisocial side, but she was a fun-loving, easy-going type who loved to socialize.

Just depends on how well we get along.

• My wife's also quite the intellectual, though I'm not sure who is smarter (I would claim I'm smarter but she'd probably claim she's smarter). :-D I'm from the STEM side (computer science) and she's Arts and Humanities with a Master's in Literature. So we focused on very different areas of specialization. But it wasn't our intellectual interests that brought us together so much as having a similar idea of what's fun and having a compatible style of communication, and she's also not very serious as someone with a big sense of humor.

Most Helpful Girl

• When a girl and guy hook up and stay together awhile they tend to pick certain traits up from each other, that's what makes a good relationship.
    Some guys aren't open to a girl who is above their intelligence level, some guys believe they have all the answers, so I'd say no guys don't like girls with more on the ball than them.

• lol i'm just curious how many creepy DM's do you get with that picture on :D

• Haha, Well there is an option to turn the dms off I think

• It's no problem really, I'll give any guy a chance to prove he's not a creep, there's no second chance it's block time. Believe me there's a lot of immature guys on GAG, I must say there's a few guys I talk with I wouldn't mind knowing them in person.