Why do guys talk to multiple girls at once?

why do guys talk to multiple girls at once and tell them the same things? do they ever feel bad about it? currently in this situation and cutting things off today

1673

Most Helpful Guys

• Because it’s better for guys to keep their options open at the early stage. Talking to girls individually early is not a good use of time, only once you get closer to one of them.

• Yeah we are close enough to the point he should NOT be talking to other girls. He doesn’t want me talking to other guys but he can do whatever he wants? BS

• Okay but those are his rules. You have the freedom of choice not to be a part of that and you are cutting it off. So I don’t understand the angry tone, there are plenty of guys out slug it out one at a time, I hope you find who you’re looking for in one of them.

• Yeah i know eventually i hope.

• Hunter gatherer relationship in dating. Guys offer themselves to women, and women either reject or accept. Rejection is more common than acceptance, so you don't "count your chickens before they hatch".

If you haven't started officially dating I can see where the guy is coming from, otherwise he's just an ass.

• We had talked about us both not talking to other people, but apparently he is. He’s said he wants to be with me and made all these promises so it just makes me sick

Most Helpful Girls

• The more people you talk to, the higher your possibility of getting laid. Also if the guy is still on the market, he can talk to many women. He isn't committed to anyone. I don't see why they would feel bad about it.

Did you and him commit to each other? If you haven't, then there is no reason for him to limit his options (and the same goes for you).

• Going through the same thing doll and wondering when or if it will stop and at what point. Do I wait it out or call it quits before I catch too many feelings.

Are we both not on the same page? Am I over reacting? Is it all innocent?

Who knows I don’t think he will be completely honest as if he is I would walk I’m not here to fuck around or be fucked around too many fish in the sea for that even if he is a pretty rad fish and we get along amazingly, I just have learnt my lesson by now and no more heart breaks for me!

• You’re not overreacting. If you’ve established not to talk to other people (like we have) then it’s really not fair and it’s disrespectful. I would say to ignore him and see if he tries to come back or even notices if you’re gone lol. I was going to cut things off with my guy today i told him to call me he said he would but never did so I’m just going to not talk to him or try my hardest at least.

• We haven’t had a chat about what we are or are not. So that also means we haven’t discussed if he’s talking to anyone else or not. But I’m not stupid, I’ve eyes and ears and mostly intuition.

I have on the other hand said a few things to make certain things pretty clear, but I think guys are very good at wording their phrases between the lines so if you ever say, um but you said this or that they can say no I actually said this.

Look he can do what he wants as everyone has clearly stated until your committed and official and had the talk, BUT there is still respect decency and what’s right and wrong based on time spent together, where you are at in your courtship, how intimate you are with each other etc that I feel should just naturally mean your not fucking around with anyone else.

That’s how I feel and am, but I’m loyal and rare I guess

• Ps good luck with your sitch girl xx I know how much going through this sux.

Do you have a feeling what will happen if you stick to your guns and don’t contact him?