What's the most important thing in a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• MONEY, SEX AND FOOD.
    In that order. The image has it wrong :)
    Well, maybe for some, sex would be last... lol

0|2
    1|0
    • Get your priorities straight, yikes.

• Gold digger

• @Ainoaa @abc12341
      Sorry, both of you misunderstood me, I didn't mean these were my priorities, I think these are the priorities in the majority of relationships, but not for me.
      First, I don't need any money, but money is among the 2 main reasons for breakups in relationships, that's a fact, not my opinion, so it is an important factor.
      If couples stress out over money it creates a big strain on both parties.
      I hope you don't still hate me.

• There is no most important THING. It's a bunch of things that are important in a relationship.
    Trust, Communication and of course Love. Without those 3 things a relationship will just die, maybe not at first but it will slowly fall apart over time which will just end up sadness :(

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd say respect. Also for a long term relationship and/or marriage, make sure you are compatible in at least these three areas: kids, finances, religion, politics, intimacy.

1|1
    0|0
  • It sounds shallow but the real answer is physical attraction. Physical attraction to each other is the foundation that relationships are built on.

Communication is super important but good communication means nothing if two people are not attracted to each other. Personality is also super important but again, nobody is going to care about your personality if they are repulsed by your appearance.

Things like communication and personality are extremely important for a relationship to be healthy. However the relationship will never begin in the first place without physical attraction.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 67

• being able to understand that people don't always stay the same... that change is constant and that the person you initially fell for is going to change... and you should accept it and not only love the person but also embrace the constantly changing version of him and of your couple

0|2
    0|0
  • Communication and making the time to stay connected. Cuddling, hand holding are a huge connection factor if your partner is into it. Even if I haven’t seen my lover in weeks. Simply snuggling me to sleep will speak more loving words than anything.

1|1
    0|0
  • A realization that nothing lasts forever and it’s normal from love to evolve into familiarity.

Love evolves with age and there’s nothing wrong with not being able to feel the butterflies you did when you first started.

Love is growing old with you and companionship beats spontaneity.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most importantly, Honest open communication. With that comes trust to develop loyalty and respect along with love.

0|1
    0|0
  • Communication. If you can't talk together for hours and hours without it getting boring It's not a good relationship

0|3
    0|0
  • Giving your girlfriend money and calling her pretty.

0|2
    0|0
  • Love
    Communication
    Forgiving
    Accepting
    Trust
    Honesty
    No cheating
    Having faith
    Loyal
    Etc

0|2
    0|0
  • Taking good care of each other and telling each other your deepest secrets and not judging each other. When my boyfriend is my best friend and my love at the same time, I know I got lucky :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust and communication.

Also keeping the spark alive and not allowing the relationship to burn out. So dedication from both parties is necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust. If you don't trust each other then there's no point in being together.

1|2
    0|0
  • Trust is the by far most important thing ever in a relationship if you can't trust them then it's not going work and trust takes time and don't jump to conclusions if you can't gain it the first date

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust
    Honesty
    Loyalty
    Communication
    Love

Sorry, I couldn't stop with just one 😊

0|2
    0|0
    • i'd add mutual exclusive lust for each other and then the list is full for me too

• forgiveness, communication, trust, loyalty, willing to put in effort and do whatever it takes to make things work instead of just giving up easily, etc. t

0|1
    0|0
  • Love. From that other important things as trust, follow.

0|2
    0|0
  • Communication and making time for eachother, and trusting eachother.

1|2
    0|0
  • Honesty. Hands down. Without it, relationships are built upon lies.

1|2
    0|0
  • Honesty, loyal, making each other laugh and smile, always talking about your problems never yell

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust, if u don't have that bond with the other person whats the point

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all it's love and understanding each other, being there for each other. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust and Communication without Can’t do much more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honesty, loyality, communication, respect and love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love. The rest follow automatically.

1|2
    0|0
  • Love, trust and communication.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sex lol 😆

0|4
    1|0
  • Communication

0|4
    1|0
    • I agree. With good communication comes trust. If you’re more open with your partner, they will trust you more.

• @Marinevet84 communication makes all aspects of the relationship better from. Trust to sex to understanding each other’s needs in the relationship.

• I agree completely. We don’t have to be into the same things but if there is clear communication at acts as a bridge between two different places.
      We are after all two different people and there are things we can both learn from each other that makes both of us better than if we were alonee.

• Love, trust, loyalty and honesty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Comittment and communication

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust and loyalty

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust and love

0|1
    0|0
  • Chemistry.

0|3
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 91

• To focus on working for the advancement of "us" instead of "me."

1|2
    0|0
  • Compatibility, because everything else flows from that, including trust and communication.

0|1
    0|0
  • Communication, effective communication. Without it, there can be no trust, humour, love or anything else.

0|1
    0|0
  • Communication is the key to open trust, honesty, love, passion etc...

0|2
    0|0
  • the man having to keep the women happy.

think of it like those tomogochi's where you have to feed, walk the virtual pet and when you don't. your virtual pet dies.

its the same with women men have to make them happy or they leave

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication, the ability to trust each other, loyalty, having (some) common interests, the ability to make each other laugh, enjoy each others company. Etc. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Acceptance. Accept the other person for who they are, how they want to live, what their opinions are. If you can't accept them for who they are it won't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • chemistry, communication, trust, loyalty. can't lose with if you have these.

0|1
    0|0
  • Physical attraction which leads to passion; passion caused by physical attraction.

0|1
    1|0
  • Trust, similar personality traits, sexual attraction, similar interests

0|1
    0|0
  • 78.media.tumblr.com/.../...05IrGA1t45pbyo1_500.gif
    A good relationship is like summoning Shen Long the eternal dragon.
    One must first gather all seven dragon balls and only then will he manifest. A single dragon ball, though valuable in essence, is useless when divorced from the rest of the dragon balls.

Similarly qualities such as love or trust are intrinsically valuable however when combined they create something magnificent. And a strong relationship is a combination of multiple qualities.
    The way in which they are joined is also important. Like the fusion dance, if not executed perfectly or when out of sync the result will catastrophic.

0|0
    0|0
  • being a good, honest, genuine, awesome, helpful perosn

0|1
    0|0
  • Love and trust are key points, everything else is decidable

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't been in a relationship. The so call "grifriend" is made up. I feel that no one should be in a relationship untill they are married.

0|0
    0|0
  • For men respect, for women desire. Both can be achieved through communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love, loyalty, honesty, good communication, great sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • What is really the most important: love, communication, trust.

What poeple usually value the most: attraction, spark, chemistry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Character over reputation.. Character is who you are.. reputation is who people think you are

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect. Which then leads to trust and everything else

0|0
    0|0
  • Attention i think, giving attention to each with love and caring

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say loyalty, if there isn't any loyalty then there is only worry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love, trust, and communication.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whatever you want it to be.

0|2
    0|0
  • Trust and honesty

0|1
    0|0
  • Loyalty if you don't have loyalty you have nothing

1|1
    0|0
  • If you ask me trust is very important

1|1
    0|0
  • Communication, trust, respect, loyalty.

0|2
    0|0
  • Loyalty

1|1
    0|0
  • Trust.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not cheating like a little bitch

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys