Why are there negative feelings about white guys who date East/Southeast Asian women?

I've generally never heard this stuff said about any other interracial combination. Comments like:

"Yellow fever"
"Creepy"
"Fetishist"

816

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's because some people assume Asian women are submissive and 'obedient' because of their small stature and their facial features and body type in general. But it's not really creepy unless the guy goes out of his way to only date Asian women because he thinks they are more submissive and easy to control.

• The irony is that they are usually not submissive and easy to control (ask a guy whose Japanese or Chinese wife insists on full control of the family's finances). The reason for that stereotype is that it's considered very bad in East Asian cultures to lose your temper (being emotional is tolerated somewhat more in Korea).

• So are women who only date taller men and go out of their way to do so creepy? It is pretty much the same thing.

• No of course not because the dating world is riddled with doubled standards and injustice

• My best friends are all Asians so I guess I can answer this. The negative comments arise because the truth is there are a few of white guys who date Asian girls solely because of their race. This is coming from my Asian friends. I have this Chinese friend who dated one white guy just to find out that he dated her just because of her being Asian. He ended up cheated on her with another Thai girl but eventually married a Russian girl. My friend almost commit suicide because of him. This is just one story. I know more from my Asian friends.
    However, of course not all white men fetishize Asian women. There are many who are just naturally attracted to them.

• @desidoll- have any of your friends had good experiences with white boyfriends or husbands?

From what I understand from Chinese friends, cheating on or even breaking up with a Chinese woman is viewed as deeming her as not worthy as a girlfriend rather than merely the cheater's personal failing.

• @WalterRadio Hahaha yea these two nations both want to stand up for their own bahasa.

• 7d

Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Guys

• It's the image of the old fat bald white tourist in Asia looking for a wife because he's not high value enough in his own western country. It's probably the only interracial combo where it actually happens?

It's a little different to white guys dating western born Asians they get much more of a pass because it's seen as a more *equal* deal.

• That type of guy will indeed only have bar girls interested in him, but there are also older European women that do sex tourism or get husbands in a somewhat similar manner from Africa or the Middle East.

• Here in Germany, the most common scheme is to marry an older woman around 50 or so in order to get permanent residency or citizenship (sometimes they will even pay her), then divorce her and marry a woman from their own country (often being paid by her family to do it).

• 7d

Ty for MH!

• I don't get it either, I just think people are sad, bitter and jealous and take it out on people and try and make people feel bad simply for what they find attractive.