Neil deGrasse Tyson Please stop talking

sjoes006
Neil deGrasse Tyson Please stop talking

Though we share an alma mater and have a common professor on the topic of Astrophysics, even that professor, who is a Nobel Laureate in particle physics has little support for this man.

He's a Pooscientiest who hasn't done anything to stay up to date with current research in any field of Astrophysics.

He was on Chelsea talking about Hawking and back to the future. This man is a conman. If you want someone to speak English to you onvthe current research and theories involved in Astrophysics try Brian Greene. He actually still works in the field and while he isn't a discoverer he is up to date and those who and and what is going on.

Shame on you Neil.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Please stop talking
6
1

Most Helpful Guy

• HungLikeAHorsefly
    I think Neil is fine. He may not be actively doing research in the field, but he is making astronomy and physics popular among the masses. In the United States at least, there's a cult of ignorance when it comes to science and he's one of the people out there trying to break that down and make people more scientifically literate. It doesn't matter if what he says isn't cutting edge; what matters is that what he's saying is correct and he's getting people to listen.

I've got a number of colleagues and friends who are astrophysicists and other types of scientists who have worked at CERN and Fermilab and SLAC. I'm certain that most of them have favorable opinions of Neil's work.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    You can't be serious. I love Neil.
    Why don't you go on national television and explain astrophysics or set up a blog or a twitter account? Oh right it's easier to shit on someone than you actually putting yourself out there. Smh!
    Is this still revelant?
    • sjoes006

He's a pseudoscientist I learned from real professors who are up to date on CERN and theory. He doesn't even know CERN exists.

• Anonymous

Well go on national television and explain it to everyone. What are you scared off?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

05
  • zagor
    Tyson is about explaining the basics of science to the general public, not being on the cutting-edge of research.
    • sjoes006

He's explaining science from the 1980's. Not acceptable. There are many others who can break it down on the current state of CERN in common speak.

• Dumbbong
    Wow, you are really upset.
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    cool story, bro!
  • Anonymous
    Spare me. Can you not think of any better way to get attention for yourself?

Neil is fine; you're not.
    • Anonymous

Tyson's audience does not need him to be on the cutting edge of science. We both know it doesn't make bit of difference to them, but that wasn't your point anyway because your only purpose for posting any of this was to try to convince us you know a thing or two about astrophysics.

Neil is fine; you're not.

• Anonymous
    You're an astrophysicist?
    • sjoes006

Nope but I studied Astrophysics, self study and attend bi monthly open meetings with Steven Weinberg.

This guy is making 'Mercia dumber.

• Anonymous

I know this is your opinion on the matter but do you have any critiques from the Laureate against Tyson?