10 of My Favorite War Films!

WELCOME to my list: 10 of my top war films. I have plenty more but I'd like to share with you these ones.

I would write paragraphs and parapgraohs of bullshit for why I love and chose each film, however I just want this take to be a quick, simple take. Thanks for reading and enjoy the videos! :p

1. 300

*How could I not add this! :p*

2. Black Hawk Down

3. Braveheart

4. Cold Mountain

5. Defiance

6. Enemy at the Gates

7. Gladiator

8. Last of the Mohicans

9. Master and Commander

10. Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan

Again, I'd add more but 10 is enough, I also wanted to add Saving Private Ryan, the Patriot and my more...

916

Most Helpful Girl

• Only seen 1 war movie and it was Fury, which I really really like, but I have no way to gauge if that's a good one.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 15

• Thumbs up for including "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" on this list! It's almost criminally underrated, lol.

It was overshadowed by another seafaring movie that year (the very first "Pirates of the Caribbean"), but it was a very different movie, of course: a more serious movie, and about naval life and warfare in the Age of Sail. Also seemingly a simplistic plot about two ships chasing each other around, it was actually a very thoughtful story about a lot of enduring human conflicts and trying to find the balance between: hierarchy vs. equality, professional duty vs. personal relationships, war vs. peace, discipline vs. kindness, etc.

And especially for 2003, it also did some INCREDIBLE things with CGI. Some shots were entirely CGI and yet feel just as "physically there" as the actual physical shots, not just because they had great artists, but also because they used CGI in all the right ways and places. It was truly the use of CGI in movies at its BEST, and probably the single most underrated aspect of the movie.

www.joblo.com/.../...e_far_side_of_the_world-1.jpg

• Oh yeah, it was called the "Acheron"! And Russell Crowe's ship was the "Surprise". xD

• haha the irony :P

• Enemy at the gates was awesome and underrated!

Saving Private Ryan
    We Were Soldiers
    Waterloo (1970) - 15,000 extras not a fig of CGI :P Makes ya wanna go play ETTW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97dBfdNrf9A

• I know ! it's so good and accurate I should have added Waterloo too!

• Tried medieval total war 2 witht he LOTR mod? Its amaaazing. I wish they'd update ETW, their best game so far. There's something so satisfying about defending a fort against 4 full stack armies, and ur down to ur last batallion

• Hhahaha I'm the exact same! I love to play as the Dutch on very hard campaign and battle settings, and defend with elite swiss inf, the blue guard and Holland guard xD While focusing on India and america ;)
      Haven't tried the LOTR mod yet!

• Das Boot
    Letters from Iwo Jima
    All Quiet on the Western Front
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Midway
    Glory

• Me likey le list. Regards for including '' Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan'', I haven't heard of it or seen it. Looks good, downloading it now

• Very good Take, my favorites here are Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan, Braveheart and 300.

• Gladiator is the absolute best. One of my top 5 fav movies of all time.

• great list man. i have not seen all the films. i will check out the films that i have not seen before.

• How could you forget saving private ryan 😢

• Lone survivor was great too. Not really a war film per say but kind of fits the genre. Couple I haven't seen on here, I'll have to check em out

• Thanks for reading man, really appreciate it! Which ones haven't you seen?
      I'll check out lone survivor now

• Hahaha yes with the same actor xD
      You should definitely watch 9!
      Going to watch lone survivor thanks for that!

• I'll have to check it out

• I'd like to add Admiral: Roaring Currents

And I so agree with Braveheart and Black Hawk Down

• What about The Patriot bruh?
    Saving Private Ryan?
    American Sniper?

• What about me and my friends? How dare you ignore "King of the Rings".

• 300 always gets me

• 300 is basically what a war movie should Always be. A representation of what Courage, Strenght and Pride = what a Man should be.

• No Troj? :D by the way nice list.