4 of the Best Horror Movies on Netflix: Queue 'Em Up For Halloween!

It's October and you know what that means; it's Halloween season and what is sad is that you have to go out of your way to find the good horror films on Netflix. But here are four that I rather enjoyed.

Jaws

This is one of those films that literally everyone should see. It is a near perfect film. It's the perfect mix of Horror, Drama, and Adventure. It really is just a truly amazing film and Chief Brody is one of the Greatest Horror Movie Heroes.

https://www.girlsaskguys.com/entertainment-arts/a30138-my-6-favorite-horror-movie-heroes-of-all-time

Let Us Prey

This is a very remarkable film. I don't want to reveal any more than bad people get what's coming to them.

The Babadook

This is a very old-school horror film. It doesn't rely on blood and guts. It's honestly very good and definitely worth watching. Though it's more about getting over grief than anything else, it's still absolutely terrifying at times though its definitely not for anyone with a phobia of insects.

Hush

This is one of those films that is utterly perfect in its execution. This is a home invasion slasher film about a deaf-mute woman. A year ago If you had told me one of the best horror films ever made would be a slasher film made for $70,000 and released straight to Netflix, I'd have told you that you were smoking crack. But that doesn't change the fact that it IS one of the best horrors ever made.

I firmly believe that along with the original Halloween and Jaws this is another Horror film that everyone should see before making a horror film.

#happyhalloween

1711
Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Jaws is truly one of the best films I've ever watched, and I really don't like older movies. No matter how many times I've seen it, if I'm flipping through channels and it's on, the flipping ends! I'll have to check out the other 3, somehow I've missed them, thank you!!!

• Fun fact,
      My high school psychologist is in jaws.
      He was vacationing in marthas vinyard and that scene where everyone is running out of the water he is in that.
      Spielberg came up to people on the beach and asked if everyone wanted to be in a movie, when people said yes, he said, when I say, everyone just run out of the water.
      He was like five or so

• That's pretty awesome!

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't seen these except for jaws but I'll give em a shot.

Though I will add that the new horror movie about that blind guy looks promising

You know what would be the best horror film ever though?

Either this

HELL NO
    https://youtu.be/olEbwhWDYwM

Or obviously At the Mountain of Madness if it was a real movie :( because let's be honest few do horror like Lovecraft his stuff is really disturbing regarding cthulhu.
    https://youtu.be/vw3tuiND_xk

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 16

• I recommend:

i.ytimg.com/vi/U-hy09TS6gM/maxresdefault.jpg

www.freedvdcover.com/.../....getdvdcovers.com_.jpg

Carrie, in which an abused/bullied/tormented social outcast's first period, for which she is shamed and humiliated both at school and home, brings with it superpowers to eventually overcome her tormentors and abusers, by setting the entire town on fire.

Stephen King said in his book Danse Macabre that Carrie is "largely about how women find their own channels of power and what men fear about women and women's sexuality... which is to say, writing the book in 1973, I knew fully what Womens Liberation implied for me and others of my sex... The book is... an uneasy masculine shrinking from a future of female equality... [Carrie] is Woman, feeling her powers for the first time and, like Samson, tearing the temple down on everyone in sight... and destroying the whole rotten society."

The poor girl is so beaten, broken, and abused; most people love to see her get her revenge.

• The Exorcist
    Jaws
    Hellraiser
    Children of the Corn
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing and Happy Halloween to you too, @Waffles731 xx

• I've seen all but the second one.
    Jaws - more of a Summer movie for me - for obvious reasons. xD
    The others - pretty boring to me, but hey... people who get easily startled or are not that familiar with the horror genre will surely love them.

I propose The Conjuring 1 and 2, Halloween (all of them), Suspiria, The Exorcist.

• I loved Hush! So amazing! I loved the concept, absolutely terrifying! I also loved the Babadook. Another film which was really creepy!

• I'll have to watch most of those, I've only seen Jaws. They all sound good though. I love the jaws movie, even tho I have a phobia of Sharks lol

• my high school psychologist is in Jaws,
      He was on Martha's Vinyard when it was being film and spielberg came up and said to everyone on the beach, "Anyone want to be in a movie, if so, when I say just run out of the water."
      That scene where everyone is running out of the water."
      My high school psychologist is one of the little kids running out of the water

• I'm not able to watch any of those movies. I would spend a week or a month without sleeping Lol
    But they seem good for someone who's actually able to watch them.

• Jaws - boring. Babadook - weird and boring, though it has an interesting meaning.
    Hush is an awesome film, I recommend everyone watches it.
    Let Us Prey looks interesting.

Watch some Saw films on Netflix!

• Haha I really don't like the Horror repertoire on Netflix, the only show I like that kinda goes into the horror direction is Stranger Things :P

• Yeah for the most part it utterly and completly sucks.
      but these ones were good

• Jaws, the Perfect mix of Horror, Adventure, and Drama.
      Easily one of the hundred greatest movies ever made

• Not at all haha, I don't like the monster movies so much in general :P

• I can't watch horror flicks at all, they give me terrible nightmares for months sometimes even years.

• and you still remember it?
      i was 7 and it was scary movie 3 that girl from the ring scared me for 2 years i had soo many nightmares

• @Terry_Himmler Yes and I wake up in a cold sweat completely terrorized.

• I'm not much into movies, but I'll perhaps check them out

• Liam Cunningham!!! Must watch then!
    Hush looks great too, do you remember the rating? R, PG13, etc?

• Dead silence was really good but I'm not sure if they still have it...
    I vary much so have a love/hate relationship with horror movies... so I might or might not watch these.

• zGood post

• Hush is the best movie I ever seen! The other movies I haven't seen yet.

• As someone who enjoy horror movies so much, thanks for this list! I have watched hush. The part where the guy stepped on her hand 😣

• I have only watched one horror movie in my entire life which was the grudge. My aunty made me stay up until 3am to watch it when I was 6. Never forgotten it since then.

What Guys Said 10

• Jaws is the classic one here. The only one I recognize the most since I had seen it when I was a kid.

I think I'm going to check out The Babadook since it's more psychological than the overused gory effects in various horror films, in particular the "slasher" subgenre of horror films.

• I think The babadook can be a hit or miss. Personally I found it to just be plain bad and not scary in the slightest, even made my girlfriend laugh cause of how not scary it was. But not gonna spoil anything here why I think it was bad and really not scary, just fair warning instead, maybe people would enjoy it more if yeah didn't have any expecations like that.

Did like Hush though, thought that one was alright, not sure I would call it horror really, but probably is in the horror category anyway. Would at least recommend that one yes.

And haven't seen Let us Pret so gonna check that one out.

• I don't know if it's on Netflix and I really don't watch horror movies, but I actually liked The Descent. Mainly because of the psychological angle, I guess.

• Insidious, though the latter half is hit or miss, the first half has its scary moments. You can do without Insidious 2, though 3 has some good moments too.

The Others is pretty good as well, and lastly I'd probably recommend Let Me In.

Of the ones you mentioned, Jaws is definitely a classic but so is Alien. The first Alien film is one of the greatest sci-fi horror of all time, very different from the rest which are more action sci-fi films.
    The Babadook was a bore to me, tbh. I saw it because it has some very rave reviews, but I was disappointed all in all.

Haven't seen Hush or Let Us Prey.

• Jaws is a movie I saw but I'm not at all a horror guy.
    I'm more into realistic movies, for example those based on true facts.
    Favourite movie: Apollo 13.

• If only I had the balls to watch horror.

• Someone recommended hush to me. I recommend the VHS movies if they're still on Netflix.

• The Babadook was alright, so was Hush. Jaws is a classic. I still need to see the other one.

The Taking of Deborah Logan wasn't bad. V/H/S had like one or two decent pieces, there was a twist in one of the stories I wasn't expecting.

• I don't watch horror films. They just don't entertain me.

• Not even Jaws, its not just a horror film,
      Its an Adventure film and a Drama

• That's horror? I wasn't scared at all. I always assumed it was just action.

• Being in a relationship is enough of a horror movie