Adult jokes in a kids show? Say it isn't so!

In the 90's and early 2000s we had some of the best cartoons ever made. But, plenty of times there were adult jokes that flew right over our heads. Let's take a look back at some notable ones.

Adult jokes in a kids show? Say it isn't so!Adult jokes in a kids show? Say it isn't so!

I can't believe these adult jokes and innuendos actually flew over our heads. But, That still does not stop me from enjoying these shows, but rather watch them to see how many adult jokes they get away with. These aren't even the worst offenders! Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy were the ultimate place to go for adult humor on kids tv. Do you remember any of these?

#Notforkids?

#Adultjokes

710
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, as a kid, none of this impacted me negatively. It's put in there for the parents. Until it starts becoming super obvious or encouraging things like pedophilia then I think it's largely harmless. I think we gotta be more worried about how accessible worse things are to kids these days just from the internet alone.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly they're a lot of them I don't get...
    Plus I don't think it's that bad to add that to child show, they see much more "hardcore" stuff in movie.

• I remember all these. 😂 Loved these shows! And omg Rocko's modern life was fantastic. The fact he worked as a sex phone operator. Amazing.

• Even cartoons today like Gravity Falls, Loud House, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Star vs The Forces of Evil etc... are chock full of innuendos

• They are but it's not the same.

• The finger Prince, Timmy masturbating and dropping the soap one XD wowowwowowowowowo

• lol I was so innocent when I was little... I never even noticed these things.

• All of these flew right over my head as a kid.

• Is it weird that I still don't get some of these

• like which ones?

• Therest pretty much are sex/ masturbation jokes

• Hmm okay thanks

What Guys Said 9

• Lol I remember the Shrek one. When I first saw it I was like "Oohhh because he's short hahahahah :) ".
    Now I'm like "oh 😯... ;) "

• ROFLMAO! Me too

I always knew SpongeBob was bad, but some of the other ones... I thought I got the jokes at the time... But I wasn't even close

• This whole scene of Ren & Stimpy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe7driNrW9k

• Ahhh Ren and Stimpy!!! Classics. Disney cartoons are chocked full as well.

• we had that in the 80's i'm sure even before then it was happening

• You wanna see some serious adult stuff in an old cartoon.
    How about the WHOLE movie of the first "all dogs go to heaven".

The plot:
    A casino owner German Sheppard escapes prison in order to be reunited with his partner "carface". Unfortinatly greed has taken over his partner and the pleasure of women so he decides to get him DRUNK then MURDERS him and dumps him in the ocean. He gets a second chance to be reborn and change his mafia-like lifestyle.
    Man, the movie is loaded with prostitutes and organized crime.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHB8Z35H29k

• Lol anamaniacs "finger prints"

• hahaha memories great times

• I use to laugh my ass off still do 😂😂

• 😱 this ruined my childhood