"Women Aren't Funny!" Or are they? A woman's perspective!

Well, are they?

Are women funny?
Are women funny?

I didn't check before to see how many myTakes have been written about or questions have been asked about this subject but I'm just going to type straight from my brain.

Women aren't funny!

I've heard this a lot—that women aren't funny or aren't as funny as men are.

Well, why do people say this? There must be some truth to it if it's a common saying, right?

Christopher Hitchens of Vanity Fair says, "The chief task in life that a man has to perform is that of impressing the opposite gender, and Mother Nature is not so kind to men. An average man has just one, outside chance: he had better be able to make the lady laugh. [...] Women have no corresponding need to appeal to men in this way. They already appeal to men, if you catch my drift."

Hitchens isn't wrong. And don't bother harassing him about that 2007 essay, Hitchens died of esophageal cancer in 2011, so your complaints will fall on deaf—or dead—ears. But that's just boring biological stuff. Are women actually unfunny?

When so many people still believe a woman’s place is in the home when a comedian’s place is anywhere but, an aversion or bias against women performing comedy is probably inevitable.

Speaking from personal experience, no. Women are funny too. But in a different way. The things my female friends laugh about would hardly force a chuckle out of our guy friends. However, sometimes the things my male friends laugh about aren't even remotely funny. Far from it actually. I just laugh out of pity, or because nobody else laughs and I felt bad. My friends of either gender all have inside jokes and stupid jokes they laugh about that wouldn't make sense to anyone else, but don't we all? Since inside jokes are insider for a reason, I'll consider them exempt from this.

Does a woman's humor have anything to do with feminism? Well, in an excerpt from Deadline’s interview with comedian Iliza Schlesinger, she says:

Women want to be treated as equals, and we want feminism to be a thing, but it’s really difficult when every woman makes the same point about her v*****, over and over.

Shlesinger said of female comics in the much-criticized interview:

I think shock value works well for women, but beyond that, there’s no substance. I want to see what else there is with such complex, smart creatures.

Female Comedians and Vag Jokes

She's not wrong either. Lots of female comedians make jokes solely about their v*****—Amy Schumer comes to mind—and that just gets old after a while. However, I'm not really into stand up comedy to begin with so I can't list off funny female comedians off the top of my head but I can't do the same for male comedians either. So whoops.

I don't really like comedians like Amy Schumer either, but I also don't claim that women aren't funny because out of over 3.7 BILLION women, at least a FEW at the slightest have to be funny. It's impossible for almost 4 billion people to all be utterly unfunny. Most guys or girls who claim that women aren't funny might just not have enough funny female friends. Or, simply put, enough female friends.

Dean Burnett of The Guardian sheds some light on this as well. "Women haven’t exactly been given much opportunity to say anything in the past, let alone make jokes," he says. "When so many people still believe a woman’s place is in the home when a comedian’s place is anywhere but, an aversion or bias against women performing comedy is probably inevitable." Unfortunate but true.

Putting it to the test (Sort of.)

I myself ran an experiment, an anonymous online survey/poll asking about if women are funny or not. A second question asked if the participant had more female or male friends. A third question asked who's funnier, men or women? Out of around 700 people, people who answered that they had more male friends were more likely to say that women aren't funny. People who said they had more female friends had much more random and inconclusive results, some would say women are funny but not as funny as men, some would say women aren't funny but neither are men... etc.

Well, in the end, it's just a stereotype that isn't true. Does it even matter?

Not really.

But also kind of.

I personally wondered this myself, and my own answer for a long time was "Yeah, women are funny, just not as funny as men."

Now that I've done research and written this, I've been reminded of the many times my female friends and family members have made me fold over, stomach hurting, crying of laughter just as my male friends have. In conclusion. Women are funny. Whether you choose to believe men are funnier or not, the claim that all women are unfunny is cliche and overdone.

And if you don't agree with me on that, at least do agree that there's at least one woman out there who's funny. That's all I ask.

NOTE: This wasn't meant to be serious so don't take it that way. I'm not in any way bitter about this stereotype because quite frankly, there's worse stereotypes out there. (Anon opinions off because I feel like I'd get a lot of those)

3171

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't find many people in general to be overly funny, i'm very picky when it comes to humour. But I used to write jokes so i've heard pretty much every kind, in many different forms which is a real killer. There are definitely funny women out there, a lot do pander to joking about the same things. That also creates a stereotype which is a big part of the problem, I mean it's a stereotype that comediennes aren't funny so a lot of people go in assuming they won't like the humour.

I think it doesn't help that it was very male dominated and that many of the women who originally broke out were doing similar shtick. I don't like many British female comedians because of the humour going around right now, same for most male British comedians. Yet if I look at American tv shows I find more of them to be a lot funnier. A show like Brooklyn Nine Nine has quality female characters, or going back a bit someone like Marie in Everybody Loves Raymond is hilarious... in a way they still do stereotypical jokes but they're just that much better in how they're written and delivered.

• I feel like male comedians draw from more material and are less afraid to dip into subjects that could offend people.

Female comedians tend to not only be too narrow.. but they also tend to play it too safe.

Most Helpful Girls

• in my opinion. No matter what gender you are, if you have to say "I can be funny" you are not funny. Plus what makes people laugh differ from person to person. I find men to be funnier than most girls, but I have met quite a lot of girls that have been hilarious too.

Personally my humor is rather dark and offensive so I guess most female comedians don't make me laugh, since girls are more sensitive to those subjects and avoid them more often than not.

• Girls tend to think we're funny within our groups, like me and my friends crack each other up but probably don't seem all that funny to anyone else. The thing is, we don't really care what anyone else thinks, and we're not trying to entertain anyone other than ourselves. A lot of guys have some need to be seen as funny. Comedy is probably the only way ugly losers like Louis CK could ever get girls, which is why they try so hard at it.

• Here to subtly defend comedy as unnecessary and express jealousy over people that have something other than good hair as a liked trait, ladies and gents, the gal who loves the lady who became a hit writing sad long songs about every single guy she dated in the past five seconds, TAYTAY21! *applause*

• Well to be fair it is true if Louis never had the money or his career he probably not get women easily and he cocky enough to think someone wants to watch him play with assholes when they are just working with each other sooo she kinda has a point lol.

• his asshole*

Join the discussion

2969
  • The reason people say women aren't funny, is that they're thinking of female comedians when they say it.

You used Amy Schumer as an example; she's notorious for having stolen jokes and then performed them worse than the original, and she also relies on jokes where the punchline is "my pussy smells like a barn house" - it's not funny, and the Netflix customer base agreed when rating that show.

The other famous female comedian that comes to mind is Sarah Silverman, whose jokes are predominantly about "poopie" - her comedy is to act like a child, and that's a really niche market.

Of course, there's Jo Brand and Joan Rivers, for example; but they are few and far between.

Even when you go into sitcoms, every Vicar of Dibley has a Father Ted to heavily overshadow it. Sure, Mrs Doyle is funny, but Dougal et al. are far funnier, and more numerous.

It's not that women can't be funny, just that they aren't as likely to be funny, and even those that are funny aren't as funny. Another saying is that the exception proves the rule - one girl being funny doesn't prove that they're all funny.

• The late Christopher Hitchens, an atheist and erstwhile leftist at that, had a great essay "Why Women Aren't Funny", although the more accurate title "why women comedians are not on average as funny as men comedians" would be too long and not punchy enough:
    www.vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701

Some excerpts:
    "Why are men, taken on average and as a whole, funnier than women? Well, for one thing, they had damn well better be. The chief task in life that a man has to perform is that of impressing the opposite sex, and Mother Nature (as we laughingly call her) is not so kind to men. In fact, she equips many fellows with very little armament for the struggle. An average man has just one, outside chance: he had better be able to make the lady laugh. Making them laugh has been one of the crucial preoccupations of my life. If you can stimulate her to laughter—I am talking about that real, out-loud, head-back, mouth-open-to-expose-the-full-horseshoe-of-lovely-teeth, involuntary, full, and deep-throated mirth; the kind that is accompanied by a shocked surprise and a slight (no, make that a loud) peal of delight—well, then, you have at least caused her to loosen up and to change her expression. I shall not elaborate further.

Women have no corresponding need to appeal to men in this way. They already appeal to men, if you catch my drift."
    (...)
    "This is not to say that women are humorless, or cannot make great wits and comedians. And if they did not operate on the humor wavelength, there would be scant point in half killing oneself in the attempt to make them writhe and scream (uproariously). Wit, after all, is the unfailing symptom of intelligence. Men will laugh at almost anything, often precisely because it is—or they are—extremely stupid. Women aren’t like that. And the wits and comics among them are formidable beyond compare: Dorothy Parker, Nora Ephron, Fran Lebowitz, Ellen DeGeneres. (Though ask yourself, was Dorothy Parker ever really funny?) Greatly daring—or so I thought—I resolved to call up Ms. Lebowitz and Ms. Ephron to try out my theories. Fran responded: “The cultural values are male; for a woman to say a man is funny is the equivalent of a man saying that a woman is pretty. Also, humor is largely aggressive and pre-emptive, and what’s more male than that?” Ms. Ephron did not disagree. She did, however, in what I thought was a slightly feline way, accuse me of plagiarizing a rant by Jerry Lewis that said much the same thing."
    (...)
    In any case, my argument doesn’t say that there are no decent women comedians. There are more terrible female comedians than there are terrible male comedians, but there are some impressive ladies out there. Most of them, though, when you come to review the situation, are hefty or dykey or Jewish, or some combo of the three... And the Sapphic faction may have its own reasons for wanting what I want—the sweet surrender of female laughter. While Jewish humor, boiling as it is with angst and self-deprecation, is almost masculine by definition.
    (...)
    "Humor is part of the armor-plate with which to resist what is already farcical enough. (Perhaps not by coincidence, battered as they are by motherfucking nature, men tend to refer to life itself as a bitch.) Whereas women, bless their tender hearts, would prefer that life be fair, and even sweet, rather than the sordid mess it actually is."
    (...)
    "Men have prostate glands, hysterically enough, and these have a tendency to give out, along with their hearts and, it has to be said, their dicks. This is funny only in male company. For some reason, women do not find their own physical decay and absurdity to be so riotously amusing, which is why we admired Lucille Ball and Phyllis Diller, and admire Helen Fielding, who did and do see the funny side of it."

• I kind of agree. Women can be just as funny but then we can't be. In several cultures including mine it's not really appropriate for women to be cracking jokes or cracking up at other jokes especially around men. Any woman joking or laughing a lot is called 'shameless'. Men can be funny in most social settings but for girls it is normally just limited to friend circles and close family members.

Also men and women have different sense of humor. Such as, many women working in male dominant fields say how men bring up sexist/explicit jokes and give them weird stares and make them uncomfortable, no woman would ever find it funny. Nor do we like rape jokes or any joke that sounds too insensitive or rude. This depends on personal preference. I like dark humor but not rape jokes.

I am not a very funny person but I have female friends with great sense of humor and one of my best friends is actually a genius. She's a really pious girl and she still manages to be really funny without ever being insensitive, vulgar or immature.

My boyfriend says that I'm really funny. I don't know if it is just because he loves me or he actually finds me funny but either way, I can make me man laugh, we laugh a lot together that's just enough for me. 😊

• It's about variety. Today, women only get the spotlight as comedians if everything is vagina this, and bash Trump that. It's not funny to begin with, and it gets really dull with incessant repetition.

There is female comedy done right, such as the older stuff by Taryn Southern on YouTube. But you won't see the obsessed anti-Trump networks give girls like her the time of day. Instead, the ones that can get away with it per FCC regulations will just hit you over the head with more OrangeManBad. exe and vagina jokes. It's more about programming the masses than entertaining them.

Comedy requires variety. LOTS of it! That's also why memes last longer when you can successfully mix them together. "This is Sparta" was gold in 2007. It became an immortal meme when nearly everything on YouTube started getting a Sparta remix. Combined with LazyTown and "dank" memes, it became a meme that's impossible to kill.

Contrast Shoop Da Whoop. After 2009, it got stale. Because creative combinations of it with other memes stopped happening.

Relying on one's sex solely to boost one's comedy is lazy, irresponsible, and gets stale fast. The "mainstream" has become oblivious to this.

• I've had girls make me burst out laughing (actually legit wheezing laughs) for minutes on end. I strongly disagree with the opinion that girls aren't funny. The jokes my lady friends make when conversing with me are always well timed and on point. I, in turn, have made many of my lady friends laugh hard out too. Comedic success doesn't depend on gender, it depends on timing, subject, diction, colloquialisms, situation and many many other variables.

Sometimes, comedy is pointed at a specific audience, so people who don't relate to them, don't find their satire funny, For instance, Vag jokes. They aren't funny to the male virgin, because they don't have any experience to relate to the joke. A male who's had sex before may find them funny depending on what kind of relationship they're in, whether they've had a relationship at all, and their personal experience of sex.

Jokes about women's products, such as magazines, tampons, jewelry, etc are only really relatable to women. The simple fact is that (most) men don't use/read/consume these products.

Jokes based on context, setting, situation, time and place, are funny depending on those variables I mentioned earlier, and the confidence of the speaker. I find that well spoken women have made me bawl with laughter about stuff experiences we've shared in general, and in the human race as a whole, like being late for work, dropping a phone in the toilet, etc.

To conclude this monster of an opinion (more like an essay if you ask me), I completely disagree with the idea that women aren't funny. It all depends on context, delivery, personal experience, relatability, and too many more variables to mention here.

• Amy Schumer is definitely not funny and neither is that scum of the earth Kathy Griffin.
    I prefer male comedians only.

• Proof is in the puddin', boys. Even females prefer male comedians :P

• @massb What does that have anything to do with my MyTake?

• @saucegoddess Didn't say "all". I said "females prefer...". That's not "all". I gave no number.

• I think it's because men's humor is more diverse and even though women can't relate to what it's like to be man. Men;s humor I feel more often is more relatable to men and women. It's more inclusive and less exclusive like female comedian's humor often is. It's not about being vulgar either as women can be that way too. It's like a non pc, but goofy, at same time witty humor that goes often do or good ones do that can be quite funny but women don't do or just doesn't come off as well.

• There’s actually a really interesting article about this from the Atlantic if anyone wants to read it.
    www.google.com/.../

• Some are but most aren't. Catherine Tate makes me laugh
    https://youtu.be/cOESpIz8Mjghttps://youtu.be/w4TquU3sab8

• I feel that women who are hilarious don't get pushed forward as much. I've seen some seriously hilarious comedians, like Elise Willhams, and Suzy Hanson. They aren't very well known, but they're hilarious.

• Comedy isn’t a matter of gender. That’s a belief that has been formed from many, many years of sexism. Also, I’m not so sure you can “measure” what’s funny or not since everybody has their own sense of humour. I have a mixture of male and female friends and the men laugh at us womens’ jokes just as much, if not more, than we laugh at theirs.

• The vadge jokes get just as old as the difference between black and white people jokes. It's just been over played.

And this take was also right that different things make us laugh. I've noticed impersonations seem to be some kind of middle ground, but if I joke too much about me being a slut, everyone just starts to think I'm bragging or being a real douch

• I tend to make both genders laugh without trying. Some people just don’t laugh at all though and probably won’t at most thingd. There are different types of humor. I think I use a kind of general light humor and only the darker with people I know it won’t make uncomfortable. Lé memes are distributed only to a select few.

• Some women are funny.. just the ones most celebrated for being funny aren't really funny. They're just vulgar, unimaginative, self degrading idiots. I'm talking Amy Schumer and Melissa McCarthy.

Amy Poehler, Lisa Kudrow, Jennifer Aniston, Ellie Kemper.. decent.

• I have never heard a funny female comedian.
    Generally speaking women aren't funny and their sense of humor is pathetic because they tend to take offense more than take a joke.

But there are the fringe few who are funny. It might be the writers or it could be the females themselves, it's hard to say.

• To be funny, you must be willing to make an ass of yourself. Women on average are just not as willing to do that as men are. That's why on average there are more funny men than funny woman. Find a funny woman and you'll see she's willing to make an ass of herself.

• Women are less funny, but not less humorous. Meaning women can laugh about many things but often times are horrible at creating humour themselves.

If you compare male and female comedians for example. The men have a wide variety of topics they joke about. Sure, eveyone is specialised - but male comedians as a whole are all over the spectrum. Female comedians? It's all about "me". The female comedians are often simply self-centered.

• Lots of women are fucking hilarious. Just not usually the ones famous for it. Amy Schumer is a great example of a famous "comedienne" who gives all women a bad name, plus she's a joke thief. Pretty bad when you steal other people's best jokes and still can't make me laugh.

If you want an example of a hilarious female comic, look up Sheryl Underwood.

• As someone with a very dark/sarcastic humour I find it very rare to encounter a person I genuinely think is funny and it's definitely not a gendered thing in my experience. Hell, I have some girlfriends who are hilarious af.

• Yes they can be , I have funny and rude female work colleagues / friends , they like my savage banter , but I take the piss out of myself and find being the target of jokes funny. Being an ex British Army soldier , the PC oversensitive types would hate me... and not a single F given !

• I've never heard anyone say women aren't funny? I'm fucking hysterical.

• They aren't funny cause they don't need to be to attract males. Males however need to make a good impression and create emotions in a girl quickly or face the "We're just having a girls night out" test.

Only women I've noticed who are at least a bit funny are out of their 30's and don't care what others think or are fat and don't have sexy looks to win guys over with.

• On a general basis my experience has been that men are usually way more suited for comedy. Many women really don't have the knack for it, but then I have come across some really good female comedians as well.

• Lmao Amy Schumer has got to be one of the worst comedians out there haha

• Women are very funny. My S/O can have me cry tears laughing. I work with women and it can be a laugh a minute at times, and not a vag joke to be heard.

• NO WAY! I was voted class clown 7 years in a row. Out of boys and girls.

• Women tend to be more “socially” conscious and politically correct. That makes them more risk averse at saying and doing something that might offend somebody.

I like female comedians. Some are funnier than I will ever be. But the vast majority of them can only use humor that appeals to other women (usually liberal women) and modern progressive men.

Political correctness has really killed humor over the years.

• When a female comic's sole source of jokes is: "My vagina THIS, and my vagina THAT" for 15 minutes straight (or longer), I reach the point of "You're not funny, but let's see this magical pussy you keep talking about."

Show the snatch or don't waste my time talking about it.

• I think the majority of my female friends are funny. They have made other females laugh, and many men laugh too. My boyfriend tells me I’m funnier, and even tells me I am funnier than he is. I think both men and women can be funny.

• There are a lot of funny women, but on average I would say men are much more likely to be funny.

My friend was commenting about the time he and a couple friends were hanging out with three girls they knew, and the Three Stooges were on TV. The guys were all cracking up, and the girls were looking at them as if they were crazy.

• I think one of the reason's women aren't that effective as men are in comedy is they haven't had the same experiences as most men have had, the disadvantage men have. Men some of them they have to laugh it off or things will get to them. On the other hand I have found that women are funnier when they're not trying to be such as in person. But some women can pull off comedy too.

• Every joke has to have a butt.
    Sometimes you are at the butt of a joke sometimes you aren't.

Women try not to offend anyone but that makes their jokes weaker.

Men are willing to take bigger risks and it usually pays off

There is a line between a joke and offence but women often play it too safe.

• I throw "comedians" into two categories... funny or not funny. There are a LOT more male comedians than female, but the percentages are the same for me. Yes, definitely, some women are very funny. Just not Amy Schumer

• Humor is quite subjective. So a discussion of "what's funny" or "who's funny" is a bit pointless.

Anyway, there are certain women that are naturally funny and can crack me up so bad. But probably because of the reasons Hitchens cited, I'd say most women aren't that funny.

• I kind of get that lol like some types of humor just dont rlly seem to work for women🤷‍♀️

• Women are funny, but Amy Schumer is not. It has nothing to do with her being a woman because there are plenty of women who are actually funny: Katiln Olson, Judy Greer and Jessica Walter are funny women.

• Oh i do agree she’s not

And not bc of her vagina she just sucks ass

• I think it's less that women aren't funny, and more that women have a lighter sense of humor. Women simply find things funny that have a more narrow appeal, because they just aren't as bitter as men are. In Western Culture, men objectively have a greater reason to be bitter about the world, and it shows up in the humor. I think women just aren't really comfortable making those sorts of jokes, because even the edgiest female comics rarely get more edgy than jokes about terrible sex.

• Can you elaborate? Or give an example?

• Women tend to make cuter jokes... So like silly things that babies do, or they might laugh if someone misspeaks or makes a fool of him/herself, or a humorous play on words. It's very observational and situational humor; the situation itself is humorous. A man might make a joke about how backstabbing is a way of life in corporate America though, which is super edgy, cutting, and dry, and usually being made at someone's expense, but the humor of the joke lies partially in the fact that someone thought it would be okay to joke about backstabbing in corporate America.

• There are very few funny female stand up comedians. I like Paula Poundstone but she is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. You are right, part of the problem is they always focus on vagina jokes and such, things men can't relate to (in contrast how many adult men are constantly making jokes about their penis, the ones who do generally aren't funny). Women can be funny in different ways it's true, maybe spontaneously in everyday life.

• I think it's less of a who is funny and more of a who finds you funny.
    I'm sure women are perfectly capable of making each other laugh, it's easier to make people laugh when you have a shared experience. When it comes to making the opposite sex laugh though I think feminism actually did women a disservice here, by pushing the idea that women should focus on themselves and stop caring about what/how men think it's actually made it harder for women to make men laugh.

• I love getting random people to laugh even if it takes making a joke of myself.
    Laughter is the best medicine after all.

• Do women have the capacity to be funny, and be good comedians?
    Yes!
    Are there any working female comedians that are funny?
    I still have to see one.

• Women used to be funnier... nowadays it's like most have a personality of cardboard. I find almost zero humor now. When a female comedian is good though, she's REALLY good. Those ones will be older though.

• Women aren't funny because socially, there's no incentive for women to be funny. It's just like with taking risks. We ooh-and-aah and think of men as big bad and manly and so alpha when they take risks, whether in their jobs or in life in general. "You've got balls!" We don't reward the same thing in women.

Women clearly want to dress up and look the best they can. Why? There are very huge incentives for THOSE things.

But being funny? There's a huge incentive for MEN to be funny. How many times have you heard the adage "If you can make her laugh, you've already got one foot in the door" (or something very similar to that). You don't hear the reverse - unless it's about a woman being able to cook her way into a men's stomach.

In general, when there's no incentive to do a certain thing or be a certain way, people don't do it.

• Women can be funny yes, but for some reason I think it's easier for men to be funny.

• I think it depends. Men and women I've seen both dry and soulless on humor. Maybe women a bit more so. I do get annoyed that a woman can make jokes about sex constantly and it's genius somehow. I forgot the name of the woman on This Isn't Happening from CC. Absolute worst "comedian" I ever ever heard. Something like "ya so I wanted to bang a guy at a party... bu there were no good looking ones... so then I banged a less good looking one but I nearly lost my mind once I became sober AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA" Seriously? Even Steven Crowder is funnier. Nothing like a guy showing his drag queen talent without knowing it. Ya know the same kinda guy who thinks driving a light blue Prius will show the world how much of a beefy chick magnet he is? Take a hint. Poor chap maybe will be OK with it some day. ;)

• @TayTay21 Woooah, offended by jokes enough to block me. Yup looks like this bubbly princess went full ursula mode. Watch out folks, she's dangerous :)

• @NatashaJ So to clarify, are you suggesting, similar to what Mrs. bad blood over there seemed to, that Louis C. K. attracts women just outta money and fame since he isn't good looking? Or "attractive" means more than looks? I'm hoping you mean attraction is means more than looks cause ya know, they are never forever. She "probably" blocked me bc I went too far? Well, way to look at the evidence before ya leap to conclusions. All I did was poke a bit of fun at her and the proof is there. No insults, no being mean, hell, I gave her an imaginary applause. So HOW does that justify blocking somebody? Im not saying it matters, I'm just pointing out that being super allergic to the ego being poked a bit is quite literally begging for somebody to poke it. I get she may have a little bit of bad blood, lotta teardrops on her guitar, and I'm being scribbled into a notebook along with a billion other poor chaps that even dared to look her way, but geez, liking t swift doesn't mean trying and failing to emulate her.

• actually, I don't see you or hers responses that's why and you getting mad for being blocked is still ridiculous I think you give yourself too much credit if you think you got to her like that.

• Yes, of course women can be funny, their humour is mostly (not always but more often than not) subtler than men's

• We have had some great comedy actresses in UK. watch dinner ladies Classic (Victoria Wood) she died so young and entertained millions. Bet midler USA. Lucy laball USA 60s and in uk we have lots of female comedians, live at Apollo on tv.

• I don't think that's ture at all. I come from a family full of women with a great sense of homour and witt.

The thing is the type of women who become comediana are usually very over prillvage feminist just talking about the same stuff over and over again they come off boaring, unrelateble and uncreative compared to everyday working class women they can have you in fits of giggles.

I myself have always been around men growing up and they grow around their witt and banter together and picked it up myself. I always manage to get people laughing. You either have it or you don't but people have always said I have my grandmother's witt and homour and she was a very funny lady.

• I have my fair share of female friends who make me genuinely laugh.
    I think that's enough to debunk the statement that "women aren't funny."

• About the only female comedian I find funny is Paula Poundstone. Jennifer Lawrence can also be funny, just because she's not afraid to be funny.

Show More
48