Stephen Reviews: Star vs The Forces of Evil

Some of you if not a lot of you have probably heard of this show in some capacity. So I am going to review it and explain it. Star vs The Forces of Evil is a story driven cartoon similar to Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Adventure Time etc... Where the events and characters ultimately come to a head as they intertwine. But, this show actually has a lot of Anime influence as well.

This show is based off of influences of the creator, Daron Nefcy's love of Anime such as Sailor Moon (Which is the major influence for the titular character Star). But with other Western non animated influences too such as Scott Pilgrim vs The World. I pretty much consider it a "Westernized Anime" or an Adventure Cartoon.

Now let's go to the general storyline of the show. The show is about a Princess named Star Butterfly (Voiced by Eden Sher AKA Sue Heck from The Middle) from the land of Mewni in an alternate dimension whom later is sent to Earth to learn to control her magic wand. She is sent to live with an Earth family as a Foreign Exchange Student. Where she meets The Diaz family and their son Marco. Over time Monsters invade Earth to try to capture Star's wand. The wand is so powerful that it ultimately becomes a literal symbol of the person, and makes that person ultimately powerful. The main villians are Ludo: A bird like creature who along with his rouges gallery of henchmen try to steal Star's wand to ultimately gain power as he is really not a very effective villian (By season 2 this becomes more apparent). Which leads to the more sinister force of evil Toffee. In the beginning he tries to counsel and influence Ludo, but as his weaknesses as the gang's leader show through the henchmen and Toffee throw him out of the castle in a Coup D' etat style manner. By the end of Season 2 it is apparent that Toffee is the true Force of Evil, But in the future there will possibly be more.

There are a lot of characters in this show and if I were to go through the whole 2 seasons and characters this would be a long mytake. There are a ton of other dimensions too with Pirates,pixies, mermaids, demons, as well as other creatures that the visit by creating a portal by using dimensional Scissors where they can go between Earth and other dimensions like stepping into another state or country.

Overall the animation is awesome. The storyline based episodes are good. The Filler episodes are good as well. The characters really evolve and become relatable as you watch. The show also has morals like do not be afraid to be an individual and sometimes you have to adapt to your surroundings even though they aren't what you are used to.

So if you have Hulu or Disney XD I would check this show out. Especially if you were fan of Gravity Falls, Adventure Time,Sailor Moon, or even other 90's cartoons.

Here is the show's theme song

Plus some more facts and stuff about the show I couldn't cover

#StarVsTheForcesofEvil

#Imfromanotherdimension

62
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I love this show, but I kind of hate myself for loving it so much. I think the second season was much better than the first

• Dont feel bad for loving it. I too thought season 2 was better but season 3 will be yet better

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• Lovely.

• Ooh, I'd never heard of this before I saw your review, interesting!!! :)

• *such* a good show!

• Awesome. Sounds like a good show.

• I love this show and your MyTake! :)

What Guys Said 1