A Collection of Passionate Photographs by Salil

I'm a passionate photographer and I'm sharing my collection with you guys. Depending upon your taste, you may like it or may not.

These photos were captured in Mumbai, India.

Note: Photography isn't only about capturing photos of models. You'll see poor folks down there so it can be unpleasant. I hope you'll see these photos as part of portrait photography instead of model photography.

1.) Homeless kid

2.) The shopkeeper

3.) The balloon shop

4.) A mother making Roties

5.) Homeless Girl

6.) Key chains shop

7.) Balloon Vendor

8.) Old Man

9.) Soap Bubbles

10.) Cute childA Collection of Passionate Photographs by Salil

Thanks everyone for taking a look at my collection. If you want me to post more photos clicked by me, let me know.

Please don't copy these photographs without permission as I've done large effort to capture these including getting engaged myself in a street fight. I'm sharing these with you Bc I love the G@G community and I trust you people.

Also I want to know what do you think about these photographs. Comment down there.

Thanks :)

~Salil

2420

Most Helpful Girl

• Beautiful. Makes me feel like I've traveled there myself, and pics never make me feel like that usually.
    The homeless girl, I like that past all the sadness you can see the normal child in her, you can sort of guess her personality and it seems nice.
    The shopkeeper looks like that uncle type who sends passing kids away with a lollipop or something.
    I like all of them, I can't choose which one I like best.
    Definitely do more for us!!

• Thank you for your opinion :) . I'm about to post second of it but having some problems with uploading as images are high quality with large size and G@G is unable to upload them. In other take, I won't be posting this kind of images as some people think I'm doing poverty porn.

• Oh they're so nice though. It's gritty and with lots of personality. You can see more than just poverty in the photos.
      Will you do more similar ones after the next take then?
      Going to follow you so I get the notification when you post your next one anyway.

• Yeah sure. I'll invite you if I do that. Thanks for following! :

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 23

What Guys Said 19

• Wow, these are all very nice pictures! Personally I like the old man one the most.

• Thank you :) this MyTake isn't promoted/ approved yet. I'm waiting for other replies too.

• Not particularly interesting in my opinion.

1. Poor crop, 2. Busy background. 3. Bad crop. 4&5. Under exposed. 6. Snapshot 7. OOF snapshot. 8. Under exposed snapshot. 9. Best of the bunch. 10. OOF Snapshot.

For ethical reasons and out of respect, I'm not a fan of shooting vulnerable populations like homeless people... unless you have a very good photojournalistic justification.

• You are a great photographer and I enjoyed looking at these. Please post more.

You should consult an online resource for your country to determine how to protect your property rights in these photos.

• Poverty porn? Not very creative.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_porn

• media.giphy.com/media/j5QcmXoFWl4Q0/giphy.gif
    Great photos, man. Very powerful.

"getting engaged myself in a street fight"
    I can respect that!

• Amazing, I'm so happy i could find someone who has another view of art, photography is not just about capturing beautiful natural overlooks.

old man and soap bubbles, homeless kid were my favorite

• You are very talented!!! It would be cool to see them in www.talenthouse.com

• Very good photos of captured moments, you have a good eye, I like the balloon shop , I was always into photography since I like to travel but I drive for a living

• I think that all of the children are cute, you should post some more!

• coolio

• These are really, really good photos!

• You have a great eye.

• I admire your photos!

• These are very nice images

• FUCK! Children shouldn't be homeless...

• Interesting

• nice one

• The thought of homeless children hurts my heart

• Interesting MyTake 😊