Interesting Facts About Marilyn Monroe

Hello @Girlsaskguys Community

Interesting Facts about Marilyn Monroe

There are so many interesting facts about Marilyn Monroe some are more well known than others.

Plastic Surgery

Marilyn had very early stage plastic surgery. Plastic surgery being very unheard of at the time, She was advised to have the Cartilage at the tip of her nose reshaped, a chin implant and and vaneer teeth put in.

High Intelligence Quotient (IQ)

Although she was typecast as a dumb blonde (a persona she hated), she was actually extremely intelligent. She had an apparent IQ of 168.

Jewellery

Although she famously sang “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend,” in reality Monroe wasn’t into expensive jewelry.

All the jewelry she owned was costume, expect for a diamond ring and a strand of pearls given to her by her second husband, Joe DiMaggio.

Judaism

Monroe converted to Judaism after marrying playwright Arthur Miller.

Pregnancy and Miscarriage

During her marriage to Miller, Monroe tried to have a child (she desperately wanted to become a mother) unfortunately she suffered both an ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage.

Best Performance of Career

Miller wrote Monroe’s role in The Misfits as a Valentine’s Day gift to her. Although she hated the role, many critics consider it the best performance of her career.

Breakup

After her breakup with Miller Frank Sinatra gave Monroe a Maltese terrier to help her feel better. She named it Maf (short for Mafia Honey).

Happy Birthday Mr. President

The racy flesh-colored dress Monroe wore while singing the infamous “Happy Birthday Mr. President,” was covered with 2,500 rhinestones and was so tight that she had to be sewn into it. It's also the most expensive item of clothing ever to be sold at auction, selling at $1.26 Million in 1999.

Flowers on Grave

Monroe made Joe DiMaggio promise to leave flowers on her grave every week if she died before him. He kept his promise and half-dozen red roses delivered three times a week to her crypt for 20 years.

Nude Model in Playboy Magazine

Playboy Founder, Hugh Hefner bought the crypt above marilyn monroe in 1992 for $75,000 Also one of Marilyn's first public claim to fames was being nude model in Playboy Magazine.

Worried About Pimples

Marilyn was extremely vigilant with her facial washing as she was always worried about pimples, She washed her face up to 15 times a day.

Why Take on Marilyn Monroe ?

Recently I had noticed a Question to Rate her. Personally I Avoid Rating People. I rarely write Blogs like this on Girlsaskguys. Hope You Like My Take.

Thanks G@G Community

Thanks For Reading !!!

Share Your Valuable Opinion.

Have a Great Life Ahead. 😊🇮🇳

#MarilynMonroe

#InterestingFacts

154
Being_a_good_Indian is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, this was actually a very informing mytake. I've learned a lot and gained more respect for Marilyn Monroe.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 14

• Good take. She was a very beautiful woman , but a very sad and unhappy person behind her celebrity persona

• I remember hearing about quite a lot of this.
    But i'm not sure how much of it was proven.
    I liked Marilyn, she seemed troubled and in a lot of her interviews i could tell she was never actually happy.
    We don't get the vintage beauties like this anymore we get people like the Kardashians. The role models were much more beautiful and classy and interesting back then.

• It really disgusts me that Hugh Hefner bought a grave next to hers, knowing that he leaked her nudes without her permission. She already had a difficult life, and she still can't escape him.

• Yeah. I heard in the news that Marilyn apparently was so embarrassed by the photographs that she signed as ‘Mona Monroe’ on release forms, hoping that they wouldn’t come back to haunt her.

Whole Empire Built without consent.

• I don't know who would think she is stupid I have never seen her IQ but she always looked so smart since what made her an icon was not just her beauty rather that beautiful image she created around her that made them idiolise her and make her a fantasy she is smart enough to understand beauty and accentuate it

• As many people know, she was famous for portraying a sexy blonde who was also stupid (a bimbo). However it was not reality.

• She didn't just portray a dump blond she portrayed every guys fantasy she is so smart she makes it look like she is there to please guys when she is manipulating their minds

• Yeah !!! Sadly, She died at the age of 36 after a possible suicide.

• I love her. I didn't know she had a miscarriage... :(

• Wonderful job!!

• Good job

• Dolph lurgen is the same always type cast as a dumb blonde despite his high iq

• Lol how are all these new facts emerging after she's been dead so long

• Good Question. I appreciate. Celebrities not only enter our head space consistently, but our hearts and emotions. As per my understanding they never die.

• Whoa, I wasn't aware of some things written here. Great job!

• very interesting read !

• I can't wait to see where the wild things are.

• Fantastic, i had no idea about who she even was before this

• IQ isn't really an accurate measure of intelligence.

• Agree.

It is one of several factors that have a major influence. Income is moderately tied to IQ but not strongly. There are plenty of millionaires who are geniuses. There are plenty of smart people who are not rich.

Other factors that have a major influence are emotional intelligence (EQ), mental health, physical health, and one's general attitude and ambition.

Thanks for Sharing Your Valuable Opinion on My Take. 😊😊👍👍

What Guys Said 3

• amazibg take👍

• And her name was Norma Jean Baker.

And she was married to a sailor in the Navy before she got famous, and lived for a time on Catalina Island in California.

• Some of those are likely true, but some (i. e. the high IQ) are urban myths.