Top 10 Songs That were Googled The Most In 2017

Here's a little MyTake on 2017's top 10 songs googled globally! Were you part of searching any of these songs up this year?

1. Despacito by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber

The original language of this song is in Spanish. However the title 'Despacito' in English means 'Slowly.

2. Shape of You by Ed Sheeran

3. Perfect by Ed Sheeran

4. Havana by Camila Cabello

Cuban-American singer Camila Cabello featuring guest vocals from American rapper Young Thug.

5. Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift

American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, released on August 24th 2017 by Big Machine Records.

6. HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar

"Humble" (styled as "HUMBLE.") is a song by American rapper Kendrick Lamar

7. Versace on the Floor by Bruno Mars

American singer and songwriter Bruno Mars from his third studio album, 24K Magic (2016).

8. Closer by The Chainsmokers

American DJ duo The Chainsmokers, featuring American singer Halsey and Andrew Taggart (one half of The Chainsmokers) also provides his vocals in the song.

9. Bad and Boujee by Migos

Song by American hip hop group Migos.

10. Rockstar by Post Malone

American rapper

Did any of these songs become your favourite this year?

3343
soccerchick4eva is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• 9 and 10 are god-awful and reflect the sad, ghetto, awful state of hip-hop. 6 wasn't great either.

The others were all fine, but I think Taylor and Bruno could both give us some DANCEABLE music and I'm sad that they aren't (their songs are fine to listen to, but you can't dance to them). Hell, even the Chainsmokers, whose format is called EDM (electronic DANCE music) aren't really putting out dance music (though I love the song otherwise).

As a DJ, music for the last couple of years has been pretty depressing. Nothing is danceable unless you're doing slow hip-hop grinding - and even the people who listen to nothing but that music want to dance to it. Believe me, I've tried. It clears the dance floor.

I can't believe that the guy who was a key player in Uptown Funk released an entire album without a single up-tempo dance track!

Let's all pray that 2018 is a much better year for music.

• 9 and 10 admittedly aren't about the lyrical substance but I think they have great lyrical flow and beats that make them fun listens.

• Stop being pretentious
      Hip hop been in a better place, its a true renaissance

Most Helpful Girl

• oh my gawd... music. I liked Humble and to a lesser extent, Versace on the Floor. I also liked the Spanish version of Havana :)
    And I liked the video for Shape of You.

The songs that I actively dislike are Look What You Made Me Do and Closer, dear god I hate the song Closer

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 42

• I was reading this article before a week.

www.capitalfm.com/news/most-googled-songs-of-2017/

• what do you think about the songs?

• 1000ce.arch.website/.../...in-my-Blood-640x380.jpg

Enough Said. I listen Hollywood Songs. I like it. I love it? 😊

The country recently surpassed the U. S. as the world’s second-largest smartphone market, which is estimated to reach 450 million users by 2020.
      India is much more song-driven than artist-driven, because of the emphasis on film.

In reality, many independent artists have already woven themselves into Bollywood's fabric, doubling as playback singers or session musicians for soundtracks in order to make a living. Movie producers have also become more open to placing up-and-coming artists in their soundtracks (contrary to what the legacy, monopolistic composers may prefer).

Generally I add my opinion on My Takes. It is one of the reason I had just posted thanking image.

• 1. Overplayed and too much fuss about nothing
    2. It was a good song but I've listened to it too much times, doesn't sound good now ;D
    3. I dont even know that song
    4. Well, its not a bad song. I like it.
    5. Its good in the start... after that it gets kind a bad. i'd give it 6/10
    6. I like it ;D
    7. I dont know it
    8. But closer is from 2016?
    9. Dont like it at all, lyrics are pointless
    10. I love it.

• I heard 4 of them. 🤔
    Lucky for me I'm in a big city and i could hear them.
    The country, where i am in right now (not Iceland) has really no taste for music in my opinion. Even some citizens seem to think so.

• I've Googled #5 Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift. I actually like, both the song and the video. Also, 3 Perfect by Ed Sheeran is a nice song that I've never heard before. Thanks for the turn on!

• all of those songs, without any exceptions, are absolutely awful

• haha what sorta songs do you like?

• mostly classical and great film soundtracks made by Hans Zimmer for example. I like pop and hip hop but not the stuff on the radio

• Wow... all were gay. Will Metal come back yet or what? I miss music where, you know, people actually can play an instrument.

• omg the chain-smokers are my favorite band/group especially the song.. it just sends chills up my backk every time i listen to the song.. i dunno what it is about it.. its a weell pplayed song.. and to think they are together

• Great year for music in my opinion, although I only like four of these. Also humble is the best one on here by quite a bit.

• I like Shape of You by Ed Sheraan , and Look what you made me do by Taylor Swift is stuck in my head because my little niece is always playing/singing it. :(

• I know "Closer" really well! I love how they wrote new lyrics to the music to cheer Tom Brady on!!! I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Shape of You and I DEFINITELY HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Look What You Made Me Do.

• Haha if only I were into music Eva... my music knowledge is as good as my knowledge of the Chinese language...

• Shieeeeeeet we'll see channos tracks up there next year for sure

• I only like maybe one song on this list... just goes to show how subjective music tastes are.

• A lot of pop, wish it was rock but hey people like what they like

• I don't think I know any of these. lol

But hey, good for Ed Sheeran. 👍

• Truly Quality of music is declining :( except for Perfect, rest songs are just catchy hence famous

• great music is still coming out it's just not super mainstream and you have to find it

• "Look what you made me do" is the most disastrous mess of a song I have heard in a long while.

• None are my favorite but did like Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift. The rest suck.

• no, nothing really special I think , a few decent ones

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 32

• No. None of them. I like Taylor Swift, but I don't like the direction her musical style is going. It's getting to be too mainstream. Her videos have been ugly for the last couple albums as well.

She was better when she was an alt/country/pop singer.

The other artists could die in a fire and I would not notice.

• “Havana” is probably the only song I never get bored of. it just doesn’t have that which most songs have; the boring aspect after listening to it 100 million times.

• Bad and Bougee, Rockstar, Despacito (the one without JB) and Havana were some of the good songs of these last cpl of years

The song that I liked the most this year was definitely

Crew by Goldlink

• you should check out brockhampton they have a similar style to that goldlink song but in my opinion are better

• @Josht13 yeah i like brockhampton !

• Havana is the only one out of all of these I truly liked. The rest I've either never heard of, is "meh" or garbage.

• I did like despacito, Versace and Perfect. I had hoped Logic's song 1-800 would be here :'(

• Only like 4 out of 10 were good songs. Havanna and Perfect were probably the best on that list, though I don't mid Closer.

• No wonder they were googled, these are amazing songs. Most are my favorites:)

• To say I don't like the popular music this year would be a gross understatement 😂

• I like 6 and 8 the most. Number 4 and 5 are annoying after a while

• I’m guilty of 4 if these. And Versace on the floor is really a good song.

• Ed Sheeran is my favourite artist.

I was quite taken with Havana as well.

• The irony. I don't even know any of these songs. Lol.

• I've heard these songs but never googled them, no need

• Gross songs, I wish they never existed

• Oh shoot. I Googled most of those😂

• lol i hate all these songs

• Perfect is the only song I won't forget next year.

• Taylor's entire album was my favorite

• havana is the only one i dont get sick of

• ... drop top:)

• More from Girls
    12