Some Weird Movies I Recommend

Switch (1991)

Steve Brooks (Perry King), a sexist womanizer, is killed by a group of his angry former lovers. In purgatory, it is revealed that he has enough good and bad deeds to even out between heaven and hell. He makes a bargain with God for redemption and must find one woman that doesn’t hate him, if not, Steve will go to hell. The devil chimes in with a condition that Steve comes back as a woman (Ellen Barkin). Ellen Barkin’s performance as a man in a woman’s body is hilarious, with brawls and other actions stereotypical of a macho man.

Some Weird Movies I Recommend

Dark City (1998)

In a constantly changing city, John Murdoch awakens at midnight to discover that not all is as it seems. He struggles with memories of his past; including a wife he cannot remember, in a nightmarish world with no sun. The plot deepens as he notices strange happenings. Stunning visuals complete with the ever-changing landscape provide a delight for the eyes. This movie is perfect for someone who enjoys a good mystery.

Some Weird Movies I Recommend

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Joel Barrish (Jim Carrey) and Clementine Kruczynski (Kate Winslet) have a romance. When they part, Clementine opts to get a strange procedure that will erase Joel from her memory. Distraught over her decision, Joel decides to have the same procedure done. A lot of the movie focuses on his memories of their relationship; some good, some bad, and some very abstract, feelings and emotions rather than memories. It is a beautiful movie. The effects are beautiful, the cinematography is amazing, and the movie as a whole is wonderful.

Some Weird Movies I Recommend

Snowpiercer(2013)

In order to combat global climate change with the warming of the earth, scientists develop a chemical to block out the sun. It ends up causing an apocalyptic ice age. Humanity's last survivors are aboard a globe-spanning super-train in perpetual motion, called, the Snowpiercer. The rich are up towards the front eating regular food and partying, while the people in the back work to survive and eat protein blocks. A child is chosen every so often, from the poor to serve as a maintainer of the engine as they are small enough to fit within the gears. One man (Chris Evans) risks everything to lead a revolt for control of the engine and the future of the world. Stunning visuals and gory action scenes make this movie a must-see for action fans.

Some Weird Movies I Recommend

36

Most Helpful Girl

• watched all besides switch. sounds interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• Haven't watched the first two, I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

• I recommend Dead snow and dead snow 2 . Of course if you like nazi zombies

• Since we're on the topic of movies - does anyone know the name of a movie where there was this kid and his mom + grandma who lived without a dad. The dad was supposedly away on a long sea voyage and wrote letters to the kid, who had pins on the map, following his dad's rout and waiting for when he'd come home. Turns out, it was his mother writing those letters all along because she was ashamed to tell the boy that the actual dad is in prison or something.
    So when the day comes that the dad was supposed to come home, she just hires some guy (the actor looked kinda like Russel Crowe) to play the part of the dad. He was reluctant but he kinda bonded with the kid. Thought him how to throw pebbles across the water and stuff.
    The truth came out but the two, as I said, managed to bond anyway.

• One of my favourite movies is snow piercer.

• I love Switch, it's hilarious!