5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood

Kayla45

I fell in love with this show since the very beginning of season 2, it's childish but cute at the same time. I remember staying awake at night watching Spongebob, and going to school with my Spongebob lunchbox! Just so many fun memories of such a cute little show that will stick with me forever and ever!

1. Invader ZIM

5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood

By far the strangest cartoon I grew up watching was now my beloved Invader ZIM! From the cast of wonderfully wild characters, to literally just the wacky events that happen in this show. This show played a huge roll growing up for me and even scared me quite a bit in the process! Shows like this are what made old cartoons legendary, and makes me which we could go back to that era of television.

2. Rugrats

5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood

I remember growing up in the 90s and coming home from school around 2nd grade and falling in love with Rugrats. The story of everyday lives of babies was a fun and unique cartoon that immediately caught my attention. Not only was Rugrats entertaining to watch but every episode had a life lesson attached to it, it would really help me think about things like "Oh if I do this then I might get in trouble!" At such a young age Rugrats was my go-to show for fun!

3. KaBlam!

5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood

This one is definitely an oldie but what was more fun back in the early 90s than seeing comic book creations come to life on your television? KaBlam! was basically a 25 minute TV program with lots of different and unique animated comic skits in each episode, if you think about shows like Robot Chicken then you'll get a general idea of just how awesome KaBlam! really was! Especially for a kid growing up around that time.

4. Powerpuff Girls

5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood

Close to the end of the 90s this majestic show was bestowed upon the world in it's magnificent glory! The story of 3 super cool and super hero girls Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup. I used to spend nearly everyday growing up watching PPG and collecting all kinds of toys from the show too! Powerpuff Girls definitely defines what it means to want to be a super hero.

5. My Life as a Teenage Robot

5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood

Last but not least we have the robot who's spunky and just wants to be human like everyone else! It's Jenny! Basically Jenny is an awesome robot created to save the world when things go wrong, however instead of doing what she's programmed to originally do she lives her life as close to a teenage girl would, which makes for some pretty funny comedy as she learns the ways of humans. My Life as a Teenage Robot definitely made it's mark on me as a child and always sparked that super hero interest in me that I still have to this day!

5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood
50
19
19Girl Opinion
50Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Kemil_Zhoki
    Rugrats, Doug, The Simpsons, Boy Meets World, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, from which I acquired my lifelong crush on Jennifer O'Dell.
    Is this still revelant?
  • MisterSir
    thank you
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• annaflorez838
    1) Rugrats
    2) Hannah Montana
    3) Kim Possible
    4) Fairly Odd Parents
    5) Spongebob
    For me :)
    Is this still revelant?
  • iCuddleU
    Awesome myTake
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1748
  • Cwazzycwafter
    Everyone seems to forget the comedic heaven of a show that was Chowder.
    It constantly took its own world, physics, characters, etc. and ripped them up into pieces and ate them whole (Quite literally on a number of occasions.) Chowder saw a fourth wall, and then made Schnitzel completely obliterate it, going as far as to show the actual voice actors wash a car just for a scene in the show.
  • hellionthesagereborn
    Invader Zim, one of the best cartoons (and shows in general) ever. Power puff girls where surprisingly good too.
    5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood
  • Temporal_Ice
    Invader Zim is what I would call a sleeper hit. It was raved by critics at the time, yet had terrible viewership that lead to cancellation.

It was also a gamble on Nickelodeon's part given it was appealing to a different demographic. Hey, at least that movie is happening.
  • NeglectedChild
    5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood
  • SoulfullWanderer
    *Darkwing Duck
    *Mighty Ducks
    *Kim Possible
    *Hannah Montana
    *Suite Life of Zach and Cody
    *Duck Dodgers
    *Veggie Tales

Those shows and so many more are literally my childhood. I still can't watch any of those shows and not be reminded of so many great memories of being a kid.
  • Showerman69
    Whatta bout Dragonball Z? These cartoons are way, way to new for me! I'm old school looneytoons cartoon personality. I was born in 69, so the old 70's cartoons are for me! Deano
  • octopusrebellion
    I love that you have Zim in there...

[cut to planet burning]

Zim : but I put out the fires...
    Taller : you made them worse!!! ...
    Zim : worse? ... or... better? ;D
  • Jackblue
    Invader Zim was scary an evil villain coming here bent on enslaving humanity or even exterminating us completely. Look what the Irkens did to the rat people. In modern day America people seem oblivious to the fact that we are not invulnerable. I know it was just a stupid show with stupid characters, but destruction is not stupid and it is not just a show.
  • ChgzDaniel
    OMG, some of these take me back <3
    Mine where
    Sabrina the teenage witch
    Arthur
    Rugrats
    Art Attack
    Fresh Prince of Bel Air
  • btzbabe
    Powerpuff Girls, My life as a teenage Robot, Jimmy Neutron, Danny Phantom, and George Lopez… always looked forward to watching them lol
    • Also, I'm kinda stunned no one else said the Smurfs, or Dragonball Z!! Deano

• Massageman
    Winky Dink, Romper Room, Super Circus with Mary Hartline (pictured). Even when I was five I guess I somehow just knew two of the better points of life!5 TV Shows That Defined My Childhood
  • Lemia
    I would say Pokemon aswell, Maybe the Diamond and Pearl era (2009-2011) @Kayla45.

1. Pokemon
    2. Dragonball Z
    3. Digimon
    4. Dexeters Lab
    5. Ed. Edd and Eddy
  • BluesheepOwl
    The good old days. Hot topic will forever sell invader zim clothes and accessories. I guess it's considered goth. They have been selling it since the show first came out... Like man a long time...
  • Canadaman99
    Looney Toons, Trailer Park Boys, Most Xtreme (animal planet), Fairly Odd Parents, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Suite life, spongebob were my childhood shows
  • Fuselesss
    grandizer, jungar, plawres sanshiro, tin tin, tom and jerry, duck tales/Dark wing duck, ninja turtles, spiderman, thundercats, he-man/masters of the universe
  • Wolf_bite666
    Smurfs
    Wacky Racers
    Chowder
    Original teen Titans
    Original Scooby-Doo
  • ArrowheadSW
    "Andy of Mayberry"... Or, "Dennis the Menace"... LOL
  • Kaneki05
    If courage the cowardly dog or happy tree friends ain't on there i have no clue how you lived until this point.
  • Ephemera1
    I only used to watch 3 of these. Good mytake. Thanks for Xper
  • DashboardLight
    1. Avatar: The Last Airbender
    2. Spongebob SquarePants
    3. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    4. Drake & Josh
    5. Invader ZIM
  • Aiko_E_Lara
    Here's mine
    Pokemon
    DBZ
    Chowder :P
    Courage the cowardly dog
    Ben 10 (Alien force was the best)
    Powerpuff girls (I gotta admit lol)
    Fairly odd parents
    Spongebob
  • Omar5881
    Powerpuff Girls
    Fairly odd parents
    Kim possible
    The wizards of Waverly place
    The suite life of Zack and Cody
    God I'm gonna start to cry lol jeez when life was simple af
  • Lance1965
    I have never watched any of these. The only modern kids show I have watched was Spongebob SquarePants.
  • turnmypainintopower1
    I love invaders zim lol me and my friends will watch it still because we love gur so much
  • legalboxers
    My childhood shows were A-Team, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, MASH, All In the Family, Different Strokes, Facts of Life.
  • ROCKS128
    Power puff girls was mine too.
    But i had KND, and samurai jack more.
    There were few others.
  • Poormanscomedian
    Honeymooners (reruns, I love Lucy (reruns), Andy Griffith Show (reruns), Magnum Pi, few others
  • LGRock
    Noice.
    For me it was:
    Spongebob
    Ed, Edd, and Eddy
    Powerpuff Girls
    Dragonball Z
    And Pokemon to name a few
  • ForteExe
    You have excellent taste. What about Angry Beavers and Rocko though?
  • douride2
    Must be an age thing. I have never watched any of those.
  • BellumEtPacem
    I've seen and adored almost all the shows listed except KaBlam. I have a special place in my heart for Rugrats.
  • NovissimumVirorum
    Rugrats and Powerpuff Girls are definitely classics
  • RIVERTAY888
    Nice take /mine was bill and ben the flower pot people in the uk
  • Rexxx
    I liked all these but Rugrats and I liked Fairly Odd Parents.
  • Priyanshu666
    I spent my childhood watching these cartoon character while reading just remembered my childhood
  • aerenlopez4
    I remember all of those cartoons.
    As a male though I was impress.
    I have no other comment.
  • Ellie-V
    YES, INVADER ZIM!!! 1000%
  • Logorithim
    I've never heard of any of these shows.
  • RedRobin
    Nice take
  • Purple_Babe14
    Aww the clssics, love it :D
  • uravgguy
    I've only see rugrats, enjoyed the show!
  • Nice
  • jacquesvol
    I was 16 whenmy parents bought a television.
    • OfDeath

Hahahahahahahaha!!

• jacquesvol

I remember seeing Bonanza, Kojak and a series about the FBI fighting the alcohol mafia

• michelle312
    powerpuff girls !!😍
  • DanishSaint
    God I am old...
  • Reggieray
    God, I feel old...
  • EightKate
    Nice take
  • Shahid757
    I loved those takes
  • LegateLanius
    Coolies
  • Secretgardenblood
    Good take