Top 10 Roy Orbison Songs From The 60's

Top 10 Roy Orbison Songs From The 60's

1: Oh Pretty Woman (1964)

Oh Pretty woman was inspired by Roy's wife Claudette, Roy asked Claudette if she's needed any money as she was heading out, when Bill Dees commented "pretty woman never needs any money"

3: Crying (1962)

3: Running Scared (1962)

Running scared was written in about 10 minuets, and is known as one of the first rock songs with no chorus.

4: In Dreams (1963)

Roy Orbison imagined In Dreams when he was half awake, commenting "I need to finish that. Too bad things don't happen in my dreams". When Roy Orbison woke up the next morning, he composed In Dreams in less the 20 minuets.

5: Only The Lonely (1961)

Only the Lonely was originally written for Elvis Presley who turned it down, after being rejected, Roy finally recorded it him self after pitching it to the Everly who also turned it down and suggested he recorded it himself. Only the Lonely was Roy Orbison first major hit.

6: Blue Bayou (1963)

7: It's Over (1964)

8: She (1967)

9: Communication Breakdown (1967)

10: Crawling Back (1966)

25

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• The best Orbison era. Have you ever heard his Don Gibson tribute album

• The "Roy Orbison Sings Don Gibson" album released in 1967, I don't own the album, but I have heard all the songs from the album. Stay tuned, two more takes are coming, still have the 70's and 80's left.

• 7d

He was great! Elvis Presley said that Orbison had the best voice in Rock and roll. That's impressive coming from Elvis.

• Now this, this is what I knew he did. Good list. It includes some of my favorites.

• 7d

Good list.