A fictional character I really admire

Random gothic-looking image
Random gothic-looking image

From the time he was a kid, Theodore Dooley had been a hustler. After dropping out of college in the mid-Sixties, Dooley found that plenty of rich white people (and a few rich black people) would give money to a handsome, charming young black man who claimed to know Sammy Davis Jr. and Martin Luther King. Most of the money went to pay Dooley’s rent and bar tab, but some went to his mother and little sister too.

Then in 1968, Dooley met Black Panther leader Eldridge Cleaver. After a four hour conversation in a little cafe on Chicago’s West Side, Theodore Dooley was radicalized. He turned from being a self-interested street hustler to being someone who wanted to help rescue his people from oppression by the rich white power structure. Unfortunately, Dooley’s time as a Black Panther was short-lived. He was at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago when a crowd of protesters was attacked by police. Running through an alley to escape the tear gas, Dooley was grabbed by a skinny white dude dressed like a beatnik. The guy smiled, revealing razor-sharp fangs, and Dooley’s world went black.

As a newly-created vampire, Dooley soon joined the Anarchs, a group of younger vampires of all races who wanted to free their people from oppression by the elders (older, more powerful vampires). A few years later, he Embraced a young blonde chick named Anita Wainwright who shared his passion for political activism. Then in 1993, Chicago was attacked by werewolves. Cutting across a deserted park in an attempt to get Anita out of the city, Dooley was confronted by a werewolf who hated him on sight because (like most werewolves) she believed that all vampires were creatures of the Wyrm. Dooley’s strength and speed were no match for the teeth and claws of an enraged werewolf, and he was torn limb from limb. Grief-stricken, Anita vowed to do what she could to prevent any more innocent people from being killed by werewolves, a crusade she continues to this day.

710

Most Helpful Guys

• 12 d ago

No one told Dooley to get a job? That could have prevented all of this! JK! lol
    People without jobs can be radicalized so quickly.
    Is Anita a vampire as well?

• 12 d ago

Yes. She is.

• 11 d ago

I love them for their unbridled passions

• 11 d ago

😂😂😂 I guess they wouldn't be such good bards if it wasn't for that

• 12 d ago

Wow, that's really interesting. What do you admire about him specifically?

Most Helpful Girls

Join the discussion

58
  • 5 d ago

Never heard of that character but interesting view. Personally, a character that comes to mind I admire is Tywin Lannister. A cat of a different coat! He just symbolises determination, strength, control, power and drive to me.

• 5 d ago

True. But Tywin got overconfident and ended up dead with a crossbow bolt through the belly.

• 5 d ago

Cool :-)

• 12 d ago

Really interesting and fascinating read!
    What franchise is it?

• 5 d ago

An interesting topic, A fictional character I admire is Felicity from Arrow

• 7 d ago

Wonder Woman the Linda Carter Years

A fictional character I really admire

• 11 d ago

I admire Elmer Fudd the way he tried to get Bugs Bunny to get away.

• 12 d ago

Interesting take on history, blended with fantasy.

• 12 d ago

A very good take

• 8 d ago

Excellent take! Love your perspectives. :-)

• 10 d ago

Interesting story!! I like it 😊😊

• 11 d ago

Goku

• 11 d ago

Good take.

• 12 d ago

It sounds interesting but sad. 😞

• 11 d ago

Homer Simpson.